Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Minecraft Server

99 posts in this topic

Posted

dumb luck, is my vote. wed just have to spawn stuff till we get what we want.

Posted

I don't think you guys understand. ColdFyre can CHANGE what it looks like. Don't worry about trying to find a map or the fact that everywhere has ore. That can all be changed. We just need to decide how we want it to look.

Posted

Oh okay. Well I think one "giant" continent (Two easily distinguishable biomes next to each other) surrounded by either desert or ocean. If it were surrounded by desert, the desert would be surrounded by ocean. I, for one, support having mountains, because that's how I roll. And I think if everything is going to be flat desert and ocean, having at least one mountain in the middle of all that would be appropriate. A single continent to make trade and warfare easier.

Actually, since I'm writing this as I think, it would probably be better if it went biome, desert, biome. The desert would be in the middle. You could still walk from one end to the other, and it would all still be surrounded by ocean. I'll draw up a map of what I'm suggesting in mspaint or something when I get back from class today.

Posted

Thats basically the idea I had. One biome is forest and one is tundra and there is a desert in between, but the tundra has loads of ore while the forest has barely any.

Posted

BUT AMMONSA.

HOW COULD A TUNDRA EXIST NEXT TO A DESERT.

IT WOULD HAVE TO BE GRASSLANDS.

HONESTLY.

USE YOUR squidding HEAD YOU PONCE.

Posted

NUP

Posted

I can spawn a tundra by the desert which is by a grassland which is by a forest which loops around to another grassland that's by an ocean with another bit of tundra across

Posted

Ammonsa put my concerns to rest when he pointed out coldfyre can make whatever we need. It doesn't matter what you can spawn, coldfyre can do it however we want.

Posted

We can have it our way. (Almost)

Posted

what about a taiga instead of a forest? wolvessssss <3

or maybe a few biomes with similar resources next to a larger, main biome on each side--more variety? like throwing in a mushroom biome near the tundra.

i also support mountains....somewhere. theyd look best in the forest biome, but thatd make it too unbalanced, i think, for the people in the flatter biome--trees and easy access to ore, i dont think so.

Posted

I'd actually consider playing (and unfortunately paying) for Minecraft if this actually gets off the ground, although I'd probably just build a random shack in the middle of nowhere and never leave it....JUST LIKE REAL LIFE!

Posted

Is there any planned date to make this yet? Or is this still all just a big maybe?

Posted

I think two biomes separated by a desert would be cool. Then we'd have to make a trail from one country to the other. The desert would be where all the ore is, and we'd have to compete for resources. Each town has a complex lock and a wall/dome of obsidian or bedrock so the only way to get proper trade is to be allowed in. And then we figure out trade.

Yup.

Posted

Yeah i like this idea.

and then there can be a third group of desert bandits who can only get resources by stealing them from other people or something

but only if we had a large amount of people

Posted

That actually sounds like what I was planning on doing anyway T1g, I'm not really big on being a member of any faction.