Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Humanity has hit Another Low

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Do you remember the first time you killed someone? yeah, neither do i.

just some comments:

1) it took three years to get through the court for this. and its not really really done, either. probably.

2)

"I don't know how to feel atm. It was ahmazing. As soon as you get over the 'ohmygawd I can't do this' feeling, it's pretty enjoyable. I'm kinda nervous and shaky though right now. Kay, I gotta go to church now...lol."

i just....thats just.....i dont

now, a wrench in the viewpoint:

Bustamante was born to teenage, drug-abusing parents; her father was imprisoned and her mother abandoned her, leaving her in the legal custody of her grandmother.

After a suicide attempt on Labor Day 2007 as she was starting eighth grade, Bustamante was prescribed the antidepressant Prozac. Her dosage had been increased just two weeks before Elizabeth's death. A defense psychiatrist testified that the medication could have made Bustamante moodier and more violent and contributed to the murder — a theory rejected by a different psychiatrist testifying for prosecutors.

is the punishment to harsh? the system too lax on other teens? america is just screwed five ways to hell?

discuss.

Posted

I read the article earlier today and thought she was kinda attractive.

Posted

Humanity does not hit a "new low" based on the actions of one single individual.

Posted

Yeah this really isn't that appalling.

She didn't seem like a really really terrible person during her apology. Maybe if she was still acted the way she was when she wrote those things two/three years ago then yeah it might be particularly appalling.

Even then it's not a new low. You still see worse than this. You can see worse in the animal kingdom and in history books.

Misanthropists have fallen in with the likes of bible-bashers and ~90s kids~. The worst of the worst.

Posted

Misanthropists have fallen in with the likes of bible-bashers and ~90s kids~. The worst of the worst.

Omg Teto ilu <3

Posted

So do I.

Posted

Murder is not by any means a new low. This is not the first time someone has killed a little girl and enjoyed it. I do think they were too harsh on this girl, she's had a rough upbringing.

Posted

I do think they were too harsh on this girl, she's had a rough upbringing.

I very strongly disagree. She still made a conscious choice to kill a little girl.

Posted

I blame the medication. Maybe. If it didn't affect her (we might never know if it really did) then obviously it's her fault.

Posted

alright, so i need to learn to make better titles, first and foremost.

id just never seen something about someone killing intentionally at such a young age.

also, she used her younger sister to lure out the girl, so some thought was put into it, at the least. also, the apology came three years after the fact, something that could be argued several different ways, as far as motivation and opportunity to do so go.

Posted

alright, so i need to learn to make better titles, first and foremost.

id just never seen something about someone killing intentionally at such a young age.

also, she used her younger sister to lure out the girl, so some thought was put into it, at the least. also, the apology came three years after the fact, something that could be argued several different ways, as far as motivation and opportunity to do so go.

There was an eight year old boy who killed his friend by bashing his head in with a rock in the woods a few years ago. When questioned about what happened, he said he wanted to see what it felt like to kill someone.

If her demeanor was affected by the drugs, which is entirely possible, then a few years to get her on the right regimen may have cleared her judgment to be able to apologize. If not, then she is a skilled manipulator, which is not entirely unlikely. There are a lot of unknowns in all of this, that only studying her long term would be able to adequately fill.