Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fire Emblem, in General

136 posts in this topic

Posted

There are threads in which we discuss morality and ethics of the world.

There are threads in which we list our members in order from awesome to terrible.

There are threads in which we debate the legitimacy of tribes of horse lords and their influence on the land of Hyrule.

There are threads in which we proudly complain "Lo, for this video is funny than cross dressing anime boys in high school uniforms."

In this thread.

We will Discuss the Fire Emblem World.

in General.

Soooooo new game coming out, eventually. I found some pictures I thought you all might enjoy, along with some information on the game, below:

uCRj1.jpg

j69PG.jpg

QQjLS.jpg

Now, from what I understand, this is the gyst of what those two pages of stuff say:

• Liz is Krom’s sister and the princess of the Holy Kingdom of Iris. She is a member of the vigilante force and a staff-wielding Cleric.
  • My Unit starts off unconscious and devoid of their memory, but they know Krom’s name for some reason. He/she joins the vigilante force as their tactician.
  • The “Dual” system works for follow-up attacks (Dual Attack) and defence (Dual Guard).
  • Battles can be switched to map animations or skipped (or sped up?).
  • Over 40 classes feature, including Cavalier, Mage, Cleric and Strategist.
  • Units can promote to a higher class when they reach a certain Level (unclear if you need a promotion item or not).
  • Difficulty settings include Normal, Hard and Lunatic.
  • Casual (units return when they reach 0 HP) and Classic mode (units remain dead) return.
  • You can buy weapons in your Base’s armoury.
  • Merchants occasionally appear on the world map and sell powerful weapons and important items.
  • Enemies will appear randomly on the world map and you can choose to fight them or not.

So, there's all that about the new game. Also, I found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AILvSECabjQ

See, apparently, in Radiant Dawn, if you upgrade everyone to their stat caps and they keep their base skills, Oliver is actually the strongest, most dangerous unit in the game. There's a couple of these videos where he dodges attacks that were targeted at him with 100% accuracy. This man will do great and terrible things in the name of heron poon.

Discuss.

Posted

About time you made a good thread :o

Also this is apparently letting units level up stats beyond the caps, which is very different since Radiant Dawn had low stat caps (well, low for units that basically level up all the way to 60). Whatever, goldieX39 is awesome :)

I actually loaded her save file onto my game once just for fun. Soooooo many unplayable units to choose from with blessed SS weapons and max stats :D

As for the actual series, I like Path of Radiance and Sacred Stones the most. Paladins and Sages are my favorite units (Bishops are kind of lame even though they can use light magic but sages can use the stuff in Sacred Stones so it's kk).

I've played all the ones released in America and a translated version of The Sealed Sword (the one with Roy) and I even beat a couple of them on hard mode :D

Posted

http://hyrule.net/fo...0emblem__st__40

Dude i made this thing years ago knuckle.''

also i hate oliver's guts why does he have to be the best character

tumblr_ljk4ir2QCx1qihbjro1_500.jpg

Posted

When I read "Fire Emblem in general" my mind just involuntarily put "sucks" right after.

Posted

YOU HAVE NOT EVEN FINISHED PATH OF RADIANCE I HATE YOU

My thread is better, t1g.

Anyways, this new My unit thing invites a lot of mary sue self inserts. It's one thing to have a custom character in games like monster hunter, but in a world with a set plot in which you're just along for the ride? And the game knows not to make your character weak, so these characters might turn out to be broken. On the other hand, I'm eager to see something like classes being nonspecific to gender through this. Female Heroes and Berserkers and whatnot.

Also I found this the other day and almost shed a tear.

mvWi7.jpg

;-;

Posted

its funny sad because of what happens

Posted

This is my favorite thread on the site.

I have something of a fetish for Fire Emblem games.

Posted

DsEnj.jpg

IKE

YOU ARE GOING THE WRONG WAY

YOU STUPID SHIT

Posted

its not like i have a problem with making the new thread, pheo. the old one is ancient after all

jesus double ninja'd

Posted

Just shut up and tell me you watched the video at the top with the dubs

Posted

i didnt was it funny or something

Posted

it was hilarious go watch it

Posted

hahahahaha what the squid

brad is the best character

ok i was laughing really hard at that. i faved it

btw pheo i leant path of radiance to my friend kevin after me kevin chimetals and this fourth guy i have never mentioned before talked about fire emblem for 2 hours last week

Posted

hey does anyone remember florina

i.e. the biggest murder fest in Blazing Sword?

Florina.jpg

also i noticed that the main character's portrait in 3ds preview does not just mirror itself when facing different directions. look at the shoulderpad

Posted

Which is a really big step in the right direction for this series despite how simple a task it would be to just draw two portraits, like holy shit really

Also I remember NOT FINISHING blazing sword if thats what you mean, I was playing on hard mode instead of normal mode because I'm hardcore but then the data got wiped or something stupid and filled with lies