Fire Emblem, in General

136 posts in this topic

Posted

do you even Ike x Soren

go play Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn pheodork :sadlink:

Posted

YOU IDIOT I IKExSOREN THE WHOLE THING

I KEEP TELLING T1G ITS SO CANON AND HE NEVER LISTENS

Literally the only thing I've ever read with any gayer subtext is berserk's guts and griffith.

Posted

wow if your bro really doesn't believe in Ike x Soren then he is just straight up in denial

Posted

Dude I know. I'm usually the one to say "nah man they're just bros there's no subtle hanky panky going on there" but seriously I mean wow Ike and soren are so gay for each other.

Posted

I think Soren definitely has feelings for Ike. But Ike just strikes me as too oblivious/straight-laced to reciprocate anything.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Yeah I can relate lol

Posted

comic324_zps6aad64ad.png

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

tumblr_mxj72jCSSe1t0379so1_500.png

They stop doing the thing they do at the end of every game where when you beat a challenge enough times you get a playable boss character, and started doing a thing where you only have to beat one particularly difficult level to unlock a character and its suddenly "canon" that that boss that you killed is now alive, and they don't even bother bringing back this guy? The guy who completely defined the game? I'm very disappointed.

Posted

40324181_p17.png

OTP

Posted

Weren't we supposed to do a mini podcast on this or something? And I am like the only one who has actually played more than one fire emblem game or something

tumblr_mtsvc21AZZ1r9acr9o1_1280.png

tumblr_mtsvc21AZZ1r9acr9o2_1280.png

tumblr_mtsvc21AZZ1r9acr9o3_1280.png

tumblr_mtsvc21AZZ1r9acr9o4_1280.png

tumblr_mtsvc21AZZ1r9acr9o5_1280.png

tumblr_mtsvc21AZZ1r9acr9o6_1280.png

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

I'm down whenever.

Posted

Have I mentioned the biggest strength of the console games was the soundtrack? It's pretty baller

Posted

I never ever ever hear anyone talk about Radiant Dawn's soundtrack and it has the best one in the series.

http://serenesforest.net/music/radiant-dawn-game-rip/

There's all the rips, I dunno if an OST exists or not but I cannot find one. I like pretty much all of the map themes, particularly Ascent and Road of Sorrow. :D

Posted

The console games are still great in my opinion. It is just less biased towards shipping.

Although, the games made Pegasus knights SUCK, and that's unforgivable. ESPECIALLY radiant dawn. RD also made wind magic and bows useless because, due to plot, you never have to fight bird laguz or Pegasus knights.

Posted

Haven't archers always been debatably useless in FE games though? The only advantages they have over mages are physical attacks from a distance instead of magical damage, and usually higher crit/accuracy. Even then lots of people hate using them because they're completely useless if you get right up in their faces, and at least mages can defend themselves from both one and two squares away, not to mention they usually class themselves into doubling as a healing unit.

Not that I terribly mind having snipers on my team or anything.