Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fire Emblem, in General

136 posts in this topic

Posted

It sucks too because My character is going to be a girl again. Because pegasus knights are still the best class in fire emblem. This is assuming the class swapping system is staying between games, which it probably is.

Posted

Have you guys heard all the new info about Fire Emblem If?

They are altering core mechanics like Weapons Durability and the Weapon Triangle. I like the changes, they sound great. They also added a Phoenix mode that is like the polar opposite of Lunatic Plus. Basically characters revive a turn after they die, but to balance it, there are extra failure conditions placed on maps like turn limits and the like

The Weapon Triangle was changed so that Bows and magic and hidden weapons (shuriken, daggers, etc) are incorporated WITH the swords, axes, and spears. Swords and Magic have an advantage over Axes and Bows. Axes and Bows have an advantage over Lances and Hidden Weapons. Lances and Hidden Weapons have an advantage over Swords and Magic.

Weapon durability was completely removed. Now they all have different properties, like Bronze weapons can't Critical hit but they are more accurate, etc, as opposed to just being better versions of each other with less durability

Plus some new classes and the two sides of the army have unique classes, etc.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Well first of all, it's not like they don't constantly change the weapons triangle anyways. They're always changing the mechanics from game to game, they just do it with a bit more subtlety. Like how radiant dawn had classes that could level up three times, but you couldn't choose their leveling path. Or Path of Radiance with only one level up but it sometimes comes with being able to choose a new side arm, or sacred stones with the choosing one class or the other business. I think in sacred stones magic had a triangle too where it was anima>light>dark>anima, but it was almost negligible? And then path of radiance did away with that entirely, but then radiant dawn may have brought it back? They're constantly changing and unchanging their changes.

That said, removing weapon durability and a radical weapons triangle overhaul? This game suddenly sounds really crazy and exciting. It makes me really sad that its also inevitably going to be "the game that introduces shitty generic anime characters and plot and tits & ass armor" to the series, because absolutely everything else about this game so far sounds really exciting and ambitious, enough so that I'd actually buy a 3ds just to play it.

I'm just trying to wrap my head around how an army's composition might actually work now. I mean, could your healing magic units also count as sword units I guess? Could I make an entire army of just magic users, axes, and hidden weapons? No spears, swords, or bows? Very weird to think about.

Posted

Don't forget the Maid and Butler classes Pheo

Posted

the what

Edit:

Rm299Oj.jpg

the what

DR SHRUBBERY! likes this

Posted

I don't mind, because its probably going to be something like how your maid and butler are secretly your bodyguards or something. Like Suzy Q's butler Roses in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Posted

I'm really excited to play the new game! I really enjoyed the first 3DS one but I played it at least a year after its release. I'm excited to talk about it as I play it. I think I'm gonna choose the black team. I forget all the names and such. What about you guys?

Posted

Yeah team Black all the way. I will obviously be doing all 3 story lines, in order of Black, White, and Gray

Posted

What there is a third team fuuuuuuuck when does this shit drop????

Wait I just read that the 2 stories are actuall 2 different games, like pokemon. puppy I dunno why I thought it was one package. And then the third story is dlc. Or I guess there will be a master version featuring all three stories but released later? puppying ugh. I don't wanna wait for that, especially since the release date for any of them is 2016 here.

Posted

Basically you get a version of the game, and then for like 10$ or something you get the other version's story, and then for like another 10$ you get a version with both armies or something. Idk about price i am just assuming like 10$. But it might be much more

Posted

nah I don't know where the original youtube video is that explains it but. Each version of the game has their own side of the conflict, and for an extra $10-16 or so you can download the second one as opposed to just having to go out and buy the full game again. And eventually there's going to be a third, "grey" version which is going to be released sometime after black and white, which will have its own third story. I'm guessing different characters inevitably die as part of the plot in the black and white ones, and then in the grey one you have the option to save everyone, probably.

Posted

thats what i just said pheo

Posted

okay that sounds not awful. Thanks Ben!

I read that the grey story will involve your avatar not choosing a side in the black/white war.

Posted

yeah basically, you probably try to find a way to stop it and make everlasting peace, you know how it is