How would you rate Skyward Sword & Twilight Princess?

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Im getting them for my birthday and I want to see what other people think.

Posted

(moving to Zelda discussion because this isn't really going to be posted on the news section lol)

I would definitely recommend getting them both. If you're getting Twilight Princess for the Wii and don't want control issues, then I would recommend playing Twilight Princess first! Because the motion controls in that game aren't as refined and interesting as Skyward Sword's! Don't want you going from SS to TP and having to suffer from being too used to Skyward's motion controls lol.

But if you're getting TP for the Gamecube then it shouldn't be too much of an issue!

I would still say play Twilight Princess first, it's a really good game and would be a nice stepping stone into Skyward Sword, which is a more difficult game. TP is kinda easy, but unless you're a ~*~hardcore~*~ gamer who needs constant challenge otherwise games are bad, it shouldn't be too much of issue! TP is still very fun for me to play, anyways :>

idk out of ten I'd rate them:

TP - 7/10

SS - 9/10

Hope you get them and enjoy! :>

meggy2403 likes this

Posted

Twilight Princess is pretty good, ya. Cascade makes a good point about the motion controls' refinement jump. TP would be a good starting point if you're only looking at the two, but the difficulty gap is pretty large too. You should check out other Zelda games after the two, as the Zelda series has really good console and handheld games that might be before your time. If you enjoy really great, unique, and challenging experiences, I would go with earlier Zelda games. The later ones are a lot easier (save for say, Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword) but are a lot more story oriented. If I were to compare TP to other Zeldas, I'd say it's probably the easiest and about medium-range story oriented. So it's a good starting point. SS is probably the secondmost story oriented and one of the tougher Zelda games. Before playing SS, it would help if you played a lot of the other Zeldas first. It's a fangasm, believe me.

I'd say TP is ~6.5/10. SS is a straight 10/10. They're both still pretty great games though.

If you plan on playing more Zeldas, I'd go with things like Wind Waker. From there you can work your way through the older games that might not appeal to modernfolk as much. I recommend Majora's Mask, Oracle of Ages and Seasons, The Minish Cap, and of course, the original NES game.

Sahaqiel

Posted

TP is a great game but kinda a disappointing Zelda experience. As a stand alone game its really cool but not so much when compared to other LoZ's. Of course nothing stands up to Windwaker!! (Never played SS so don't count that one in with my last statement)

Posted

Unlike everyone else, I would rate Twilight Princess higher in nearly every regard. Skyward Sword was still a fantastic game, but too many things within were disappointing- namely, the controls, the music, the art style, and the lack of story development until way late in the game.

Regardless, play them both.

Posted

I would rate Twilight Princess higher in nearly every regard. Skyward Sword was still a fantastic game, but too many things within were disappointing- namely, the lack of story development until way late in the game.

Henneth Annun likes this

Posted

both of them were fantastic games and the ones that made buy a wii cuz until now i have not played any game except zelda on my wii.i would rate them with 5 of 5 stars cuz the gameplay was great,i loved the story and for the fact that tp was the first loz on wii the graphics were good and ss in HD is fabulous.motion controll was the best control they could give you for wielding your sword its a complete new expierience