Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Where to start with Zelda?

9 posts in this topic

Posted

I want to start to be a 'Zelda Basher'. Most kids my age started playing Zelda when they were, like, 3, literally (btw I'm 14 now). So I want to know where to start with Zelda. The obvious place is the first one, and just work my way through, but I want to be introduced to the series by the better games to keep me interested. I asked this on the IRC, and there was a basically mutual answer; A Link to the Past, then Ocarina of Time. Then after I finish those, a friend said I should do Majora's Mask. What do you guys on the Forums think? What games should I go onto after these?

Also, I know this may not be the right place to ask about this (I'll remove this section if you like), but I also want to get into Nintendo series, especially Metroid and Earthbound, and other great series that I'm sure you guys play, such as Final Fantasy. So where should I start with those series?

Thanks.

Posted

And after Majora's Mask, you should play Wind Waker or Link's Awakening

Posted

Lol I suggested you do Link to the past cause it's my favourite but you don't need to start with it. OoT probably.

Posted

Lol I suggested you do Link to the past cause it's my favourite but you don't need to start with it. OoT probably.

Too late lol, I'm in the 3rd dungeon!

Posted

Definitely get to Wind Waker maybe after OoT and MM, because its story makes a little more sense that way

Posted

Yeah, I'd go with Ocarina of Time, then Majora's Mask and Wind Waker. Link to the Past is also a great introduction if you're already into more retro titles.

As for Metroid, the first one i played is Super Metroid and it's by far my favourite. It's the closest thing to a perfect game I can think of. The opening cutscene in Super Metroid tells you all you need to know about the story up until that point, so there's no need to start with the original NES game (which can be frustrating at times) or the GB game (which wasn't as good).

The Metroid Prime series is also a good start if you enjoy first person shooters, and the storyline for that series is independent of the original three games ( I think the Prime series takes place between Metroid and Return of Samus).

Posted

MM is a sequel to OoT, so playing both would work best. (if youve got a 3ds, get the 3ds remake of OoT, its prettier <3)

im personally a sucker for the handheld zeldas, like oracle of seasons/ages, minish cap, etc. spirit tracks is a nice representative of the ds games (its a sequel to phantom hourglass, but PH has a dungeon you have to go to again and again and again, on a timer, which drove most people up a wall)

seasons/ages would probably be hard to find now, as theyre for gameboy color, minish cap is probably findable, but if youre only going to pick one handheld game.....spirit tracks, hands down.

Posted

what do you mean by "Zelda Basher"? like you wanna say bad stuff about the game or you want to be one of us wonderfully obsessed people about it? loss in translation on that one

Posted

what do you mean by "Zelda Basher"? like you wanna say bad stuff about the game or you want to be one of us wonderfully obsessed people about it? loss in translation on that one

if its the latter meaning, then i will feel so old, as im only acquainted with the former, which would mean that while i was off in collegeland, the meaning completely inverted.