Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Massive Stroke

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Good video. Neurologist talking hippy speak about her experience of having a stroke, with her left hemisphere constantly shutting off.

Her voice might annoy you but whatever.

Posted

I don't know that I agree with what she says, but she is definitely more knowledgeable on the subject than I am.

That said, all we have are our experiences. I didn't experience what she did, so I feel no disconnect with myself. And I have no idea how I could switch between right and left hemisphere. Apparently I'm always in my right hemisphere, because I'm left handed.

Posted

I love how she's just so amazed that this was happening to her at the time, but at the same time she was like "Oh, god, I need to get help now."

Pretty crazy what she's describing what she felt. It's like getting a stroke is both heaven and hell, you're both experiencing the most pleasurable feelings while feeling the most excruciating pains sometimes ending in death. Thankfully, she survived to give us her story, though.

Afterwards, I was like "Oh, man, I've been trying to remember this site, I love these videos." and I watched a few more involving introverts and creativity being stunted by education and vulnerability. Like, all these things that affect me and then I got all depressed and kinda just did nothing for a few minutes. Like, I feel like I should do something about it or something, but I'm just so lazy and unmotivated. It's kind of upsetting.

But anyway, thanks for the video share, Teto. Really wanted to find that site again.

Teto likes this

Posted

So hey, whats all this about creativity and introverts being stunted by education and vulnerability? I'd like to watch that.

Nevermind found it.

Posted

Wow pheo

Post it here as well ):

Posted

Sorry, I've just been busy listening to all these videos while I work. I didn't realize how lovely of a substitute this stuff was for music. Usually when I'm working, I'm doing it in a big quiet room for hours on end, and I only listen to music when I get tired of that anymore, but this stuff is nice to listen to, too. Here's the video.

And then I listened to one on a fully functional rat's brain being built inside a computer.

And then one on a more accessible way to compose for people who can't really do that. I.E: The guy they're helping compose has cerebral palsy.

http://blog.ted.com/2008/04/15/machover_ellsey/

This is good stuff, yo.