Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Talk (RP)

116 posts in this topic

Posted

The lights fade and a spotlight shines down on me, drawing your attention. I make a low bow to you all. My voice breaks the suspense,

"Welcome to RP Talk! Where we can gather to discuss our day to day activities, with a role playing twist!"

I cross my arms behind my back and begin to pace in front of you all, considering the conditions of this game. I stop and rest my snout on the back of my hand, deep in thought, facing to the side of the crowd. I spoke clearly, yet quietly enough to imply that I was talking as an aside to myself. "To be honest, until now I hadn't really considered any specific rules. It really was a decision based on a whim. A feeling that we all could have fun with a topic such as this."

Lowering my arm I turn on my heel to face you all again. "I suppose I should start with an introduction! I will be appearing as an anthropomorphic dog, as is expected from my reputation. Apart from that, I'll stay more or less the same as I usually do, acting no differently than normal."

"I'll stay as one character, as will you. You cannot be multiple people, but I will allow you to change your form whenever you wish, as long as you indicate clearly that you have. I'll try my best to archive introductions and reassessments of design here, for the convenience of newcomers or those not paying very close attention."

"That's really all I have to ask of you apart from the usual of following the basic forum rules, as well as those of the RP section. Those being not to kill anyone or cause each other unnecessary distress by such means. Try to use common civility and common sense."

I keep still and pause for a moment, watching the crowd, seeing that they eagerly awaited that I wrap up the introductions and let them take the stage. I take pleasure in the situation for a moment before continuing.

"As to the details of our setting. You may feel free to write it however you see fit. To me I kind of imagine I'm standing in my school's assembly hall, not on the stage but beneath it, standing on the same floor as you. Kind of like to say that I'm no higher up than you are because I'm introducing the thread. I really am trying to create the illusion of equality in my mind. Maybe that really only makes some kind of strange sense in my mind. But I digress. You understand that the setting is of your own design, feel free to envision it as you like."

I immediately continue, "And! Two more things before I conclude. Firstly, you can retell stories of your day as either written stories wherein you roleplay yourself and other people involved, or simply role playing yourself talking about it. The former would be more interesting, but either is fine. Secondly, if you wish to do so you can discuss things with people in setting too. You could walk through Castletown, or around Lake Hylia, or any other location. Don't think you have to stand still when talking to others in this thread."

"And yes, that is all I have to say. The choice is ultimately up to you how you choose to post here, given that you follow the rules. Most important is that you have fun with it!"

"Now I'll give up the stage to whoever would like to introduce themselves next. It's been a pleasure to hold your attention. Please do ask any questions that occur to you, or even make suggestions. Thank you again."

((So basically)):

Follow basic forum rules

This works like normal Talk. Discuss things, talk about your day. But role play it. You can role play stories as yourself, or just roleplay your character talking about your day.

You can be in whatever setting you like, as long as you describe it well enough so that we understand. Don't worry if you can't do so vividly, just as long as we know what you mean.

You have one character only. This character doesn't have to have a history or a different personality to your own. They're you! They're just an online representation of yourself, of your own design. You can redesign yours as you see fit. Do try to make it clear when you majorly redesign your character though, for all our convenience.

Posted

i am a maid for some reason. master

i will probably be posting in here as often as i post in Talk unless you give me a pay raise

Posted

((So you're saying, we're caricatures of ourselves?))

GRAAAH HA HA HA HAAAAA

I

AM

BEAR/KING/OMNIPRESENT

GIVE ME MEAT

Posted

Pheo sucks

wwhat a sucky kismesis i bet i'm stronger and wwiser than him noww also girls lovve me more

really none a you peasants can hold a candle to me

Posted

i am everymaid

i am every single personality/trope/stereotype that a character can have, and will randomly shuffle between them

its not like it matters if you know or not though

Posted

wwho cares wwhat t1g is, I AM KING PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEEEEEEEEE

Posted

I sigh, raising my paws over my face. "Like I said, we are all equal here. Try not to drag out all this king business here as well! You guys don't seem very enthusiastic to try and do this nicely at all." I lower my paws and cross my arms, a stern frustrated look on my face. I roll my eyes and say "But I mustn't be a hypocrite. I wont stop you guys from doing this, as I've said I'll allow you to play this however you like, but I wont be quiet in how much I dislike it."

Posted

"If that's what you want out of it I guess that's fine. We can all quietly die here and only realise it's over when we shut our eyes for the last time, and become Pheo."

Posted

it is then, that teto will rename the thread Pheo (RP)

Posted

I stand for a moment, trying to think of something witty to say. "Well I think that if we all died then nobody would remain to change the title."

I shake my hand and sigh, hesitant to take action against my friends, but irritated by their actions. "Okay I have to say this now. If you were to compare the way you're acting here to the regular Talk thread, you would see no difference. You aren't even RPing now, and based on that I'm going to have to ask you to actually try, or you can take your discussion elsewhere. I wont humour you any longer if you continue in this manner, and I'll start erasing your posts."

I wring my hands a little, a bit flustered and annoyed at myself for handling the situation so seriously. But it really has to be held seriously if anybody will ever listen. "And one last thing, if you are particularly dense and keep doing this despite these warnings, I'll have to start handing out infractions as well. So be warned."

I get a little riled up with all the things I have to say and continue again, despite having seemed to conclude the matter. "I wont have this thread treated as a joke. I really do want this thread to succeed, and for people to enjoy the potentially fun twist to the usual Talk. And if you two keep making a mockery of it, it doesn't have a hope of realising that. So please please please take your nonsense elsewhere or play along. Anything different that you don't like doesn't have to fall prey to your ridicule. This forum will never be able to branch out to embrace new kinds of people if you keep doing that."

I take a deep breath. "Okay that's all I have to say. I does get to me sometimes, you know?"

I wince and wave my hands in front of my face, a meaningless action thrown out in a fit of annoyance. I throw my paws down by my side and rant on, "And, I understand that 'this is how you are', but you'll never improve yourself if you live by that attitude! Treating things poorly just because it's how you've always treated things isn't a good enough reason to continue doing it."

Posted

I did art today. All the models were in doggie style. Lots of people came by and paid me for my stuff.

Posted

I lift Pheo's paw with two hands to shake it in greeting, struggling to even lift it just the once. He was discouragingly unwilling to act his part it seemed, and had left his body still and lifeless, refusing to cooperate with the hand shaking activity I desperately tried to initiate.

I quietly give up and say "Well hello again Pheo, nice to see you're back but... if you had read the above, you'd see that I'm not going to take as kindly to this kind of style of RPing. It isn't really any different than how you would post in Talk, see? Look at how I'm doing it, I was intending this thread to be more in the regular RPing style, and not in everybody else's bastardised style of RPing that they've adopted while relentlessly destroying all hope this section once might have had."

"I'll let is slide this time since you haven't posted here a whole lot, but in future I'd appreciate it if you try a little harder to act your character a little, and pretend we're all in the same room. Doesn't even matter how silly you act, as long as you don't do stupid things like throw people around or break their necks. You can do funny idle actions to humour yourself and us. You don't have to make a complete mockery of RPing in general to still be funny."

"Sorry for giving you an earful like that, but like I've said, I really would like for this thread to succeed. And I'd be very grateful if you showed your support and actually helped to make it fun? If you can just get over your hatred for RPing and at least try to enjoy it, that would be swell."

I pull up a scrap of paper and begin to write. I hand the paper to Pheo and say "Okay, here's how I would have written your post, for example. Minus the second-person viewpoint, that was my mistake."

"Phedobear falls into the room, coat matted with paint and other substances. With a dopey grin he redundantly states 'I did art today. All the models were in doggie style. Lots of people came by and paid me for my stuff.'. Everybody else stands there with shocked looks on their faces, left to wonder 'I really hope he doesn't mean doggie style like I think he does'"

I hesitantly hold back for a moment, as I'd handed him the paper without realising how silly something I'd written would be for him to write. I stutter and let out "Although I think you could leave out the part about what everybody else is thinking, since it doesn't make sense that you would know that. But I'd still find it funny if you wrote that." He doesn't respond, as he continues reading. Ilower my arms and clasp my hands behind my back and wait.

I wait until he appeared to be done reading. "Okay? Okay. I'm done for now. Well, I say I'm done, I'll probably come back in a minute with further notes like in previous posts. But I hope you all are getting the message by this point..." I sigh and sit back down. All this RPing is getting rather tiring. The more I do the more tiresome it becomes. I'm not sure how long I can keep this standard up for.

I look up and add "Also, as I edit portions in, I use my character's actions to make what I say fit the space of conversation it's being edited into. Like my correction of the fact that you wouldn't be able to read thoughts. I edited that in. I usually wouldn't have written so much about expressions and gestures if I'd realised that as I was writing. I would have written it into the portion before or after the quote. I didn't change or edit anything I'd already written, only added portions"

"I want this thread to be taken seriously. But it wont be taken seriously if nobody... takes it seriously. So as bad as I feel about having to kind of ruin your fun. But the way I see it, what's happening right now is like if I gave you a box of legos and told you to make whatever you like, but instead of that you shove the legos up your nose and start shitting on the floor."

"It was actually recommended to me that I give you this thread to destroy so you can get it out of your system. But it doesn't work that way, does it? When a TV show you think is good comes on, you watch it. This show isn't anything special to you so you don't pursue watching the show by buying it on DVD, you don't chase after it. But you enjoy it, you watch it when it's on. You are you, the TV show is the thread, watching is you taking the piss and ruining it. Each time it's on you watch it. No urge is satisfied, you don't necessarily look forward to the next time it's on, but if you see it on, you'll probably watch it again. And again the next time."

"Some of you might have come in thinking this was going to be all 'lighthearted' and for shits and giggles. Something you can use and just throw away like it was nothing. I want to make something out of this, and give people something that they can enjoy using. Maybe none of you would enjoy it, but don't ruin it for potential newcomers who like this kind of thing. If you want to have more people, a greater variety of members, stop trying to stamp out variety. Not everything on the forum has to be to your liking. Believing that it should be is exactly what makes us all such a niche group. So go and try to make something rather than destroy new things."

I take another deep breath and fall back into my chair, rubbing my forehead. It does get me awfully riled up sometimes.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

Upon overhearing Teto's rant, Rika slowly walks in, completely and obviousely unsure wether this was a good decision or not. She never really role plays, since she knows that she is completely and utterly terrible at them, but she likes listening in on them. This time though listening in caused her to enter and join in. Nervously, Rika looked around the room unsure of what to say.

Posted

I perk up a little and jump out of my chair, racing towards Rika, blind to her nervousness by white-hot enthusiasm. Taking her by surprise, I threw my arm around her shoulders and led her into the room, "Welcome! Welcome! Great to see someone actually willing to join in! I really do hope you enjoy it here Rika, I really really really do." She seemed more than a little concerned for her safety, staring into the flapping gums of a walking, talking dog. I continued on in this fashion, "Would you like some tea? Somewhere to sit? Eternal life?"

I realised I still held on to her, quite tightly too. It can't have been comfortable at all and probably pretty awkward for her and for onlookers. I backed off and gathered myself again. "Well um, anyway. You have the spotlight. Well, if you want. Introduce yourself if you'd like! What do you look like in this virtual plane of existence today? Since I think we already know who you are. And if you're wondering, you're you."

Posted

Dazed from her welcoming, Rika took a couple of secounds to relized that the tad bit overzealous dog was most likely Teto and even longer to realized she was being asked to intoroduce herself. Once she did though, she gave her usual smile and said " you are right, I am myself. As for what I look like, uh", she paused for the moment, continplating exactly what to say and how to say it, " I have brunnett hair that is tied in a poytail, auburn eyes, I am wearing a long sweater with a pair od demin jeans." As soon as Rika finished saying that, she quickly regretted it. She was absolutely terrible at discribing things and probably messed it up. Still giving her usual smile, she slowly took a chair, trying to hide her nervousness.