Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Talk (RP)

116 posts in this topic

Posted

That dog just spoke to me. The dog can TALK! Any other scientist would dissect him to find out how he could talk, but I'm not that kind of heartless scientist. I never understood why they would do that. I mean, sure, they would find out HOW he could talk, but then he would be dead, leaving the data completely useless. I guess sometimes even the geniuses can be complete idiots...

Where was I? OH! I almost forgot to respond! I take the dogs paw in my hand and shake it. He seems to be the friendliest one so far.

"Somewhere completely new, huh? Interesting... Well at least I have my trunk," I say, patting my hand on the aforementioned trunk.

"Oh, and I'd like to apologize for my little, er, outburst back there. You see, I'm a scientist, and I've been working on teleportation technology. I just finished the device today and the first test was supposed to be tomorrow. That is, until my bastard of a lab assistant, Stephen, decided it would be so hilarious to turn it on and kick me through the portal. And then he rolled my trunk through it after me, nearly killing me in the process! I'm sure that he's just mad that I deducted his paycheck yet again. It's not like I had a choice! The man couldn't take five steps without breaking something, and he always stole my lunch. He's actually tried something like this a few times before. This is his third strike, actually, so when I finally DO get back, oho boy, he is SO FIRED!"

I stopped for a moment and stroked my chin in thought.

"Perhaps out of a cannon... At the moon, or, maybe at the SUN! Perfect! I have a plan... I'm getting off track here, but basically what I'm trying to say is that I was just incredibly stressed out and needed to vent. Again, I'd like to apologize if I made any of you feel uncomfortable."

I think for a moment. I turn to talk to the dog.

"I don't want to impose, but would you mind if I joined your group? At least until I find out how to get back home?"

Posted

There it is again, that awkward silence. This group appears to be especially fond of these silences, it seems like it's been ages since one of them even acknowledged my existence. None of them have spoken a word to me, not even the dog, which is rather surprising seeing as the dog does possess the ability to speak. Maybe I said something wrong again. Let's see, I apologized for my shouting, explained my situation, and threatened to shoot a man...

out of a cannon...

into the nearest star...

Oh dear...

I start hitting my forehead lightly against a nearby tree. Idiot! Normal people don't shoot people into celestial bodies! How were they supposed to react to that? I glance over towards the group. None of them have moved a muscle. I walk over to the one with the red and blue eyes and poke him in the chest.

He falls back onto the ground, frozen in the same pose he was standing in.

I suppose their only reaction was to freeze themselves in some sort of temporal stasis or something. It is getting dark, and I do not wish to brave the dark forest alone at night. Opening the large trunk in my possession, I pull out a large tent and begin constructing it. It takes a solid hour to finish it alone. The night is pitch black around me as I enter the tent. Activating a small travel-size lantern, I begin placing the members of the frozen group inside the tent. They may be frozen, but when they could move they were relatively kind to me. I figured that at this time I should repay that kindness. Slipping into a sleeping bag (also from the trunk), I turn out the lantern and drift off to sleep, hoping for a better tomorrow.

Posted

King Pheo does not thaw. King Pheo does not freeze. King Pheo was never frozen to begin with.

King Pheo corrects his crown as he sits and watches the man move his subjects into the tent. He does not help the man, and he does not hinder him. He watches the man silently. When the man falls asleep, King Pheo leaves the tent and observes the area around him. The forest is large and Dark. King Pheo decides perhaps the freeze in his subjects is due to a chill, and so he resolves to build a bonfire in front of the tent. King Pheo spends the next fifteen minutes rallying the dead logs around him and showing them the courage to pile themselves into a suitable kindling, then lights the fire in their hearts. The dead logs are once again laid to rest in their own funeral pyre and the area around the encampment is now lit, and warm. King Pheo waits again.

Posted

I groggily awake from my peaceful slumber. It is still dark out, but I am a man on a mission. This quest came to me at the most inopportune time, yet I cannot sleep peacefully until it has been completed. Stepping out of the tent into the orange flickering light, I make my way behind a tree about ten yards away and begin the task at hand.

After my bladder has been sufficiently emptied, my half asleep brain starts catching up with me. Wait, orange flickering light? Oh god THE FOREST IS ON FIRE! Wait, no. No it isn't. Only that area by the tent is on fire. Wait, no. It's not on fire, it is just a campfire. As my brain finally comes to this logical conclusion a question pops into my head.

Where did this campfire come from?

I step closer to the fire, slowly and quietly, when I see a figure standing close by. I identify him as one of the members of the mysterious group, although he had not introduced himself. I stare at him as he stares back, unmoving. I dare not blink, thinking back to that damned statue I've read so much about. Throwing caution to the wind, I finally decide to approach him proper.

"Did- Did you make this campfire?"

Stupid question. It is highly likely that he made it, yet it was unknown whether this man is unfrozen or was just moved by some sort of outside force. Okay, better question...

"Do you know what's wrong with the rest of them?"

Posted

Chi flexes his stiffened limbs and stretches, making sure everything is in working order. he knows hes gotta get this shite checked out, but he just hasnt had the time to do it, what with randomly freezing and all. he pauses, connecting that the problem itself is his reason for not getting inspected. oh well.

he looks around, identifying his surroundings as a tent. how did he get here? no, wait, where did this tent even come from? he looks to his comrades for an answer, but he seems to have been the first to wake from this petrification. he hears voices outside and decides to listen. after all, hes not sure where he is, or who (or what) is outside at the moment.

Posted

King Pheo stares into the fire Throughout the night, without sleep. In time, he loses himself in his thoughts. "What has become of my people?" He ponders. "Why are they frozen? What plagues my lands?" The idea of the plague, and the symptoms it brought, disturbed him. The idea of it's source disturbed him more.

When morning came, and King Pheo was still watching the bonfire, he was approached by a man in a white labcoat. King Pheo had decided this man was not his enemy. "Do you know what's wrong with the rest of them?" The stranger asked. King Pheo did not look away from his fire. "No," he stated. He thought for a moment about the nature of the question, and how it was asked. This man did not address Pheo as 'King' or 'Majesty,' despite the crown upon his head. Before he would continue along this train of thought, he decided to speak his mind outright. "Who are you, and why are you helping them?"

Posted

I wake, weird red and blue mist and sparks coming from my eyes. Why, I thought am I on the ground? And better yet, why is there flash lights in front of my eyes? Because I'm not actually Sollux, this is the strangest squidding thing ever. But at least I'm warm. I see a light outside after the batshit insane psiioniic stuff goes away, and three figures around it. I head outside and try to talk to the crazy one.

SM: "So, uh, what happened? Well, other than you being sucked into the internet this universe?"

SM: "I fell asleep, I think. Pheo, your Majesty, do you know what the Mobius double helix squid is going on?"

Posted

Rika wakes up, she is kinda tired and doesn't notice that the others were frozen around her, she just thinks that they were asleep. When Rika tried to remember when she fell asleep she couldn't but just knocked it off to being that tired last night. She took a peek to see who was outside and up, determined that it was still really early and went back to sleep.

Posted

A figure clad in green wanders about before finally eeking out "Ladies and Gentlemen, I do not wish to scare you but a what many consider a myth stands among you today, very much alive" there is a pause. "Well not actually alive, but you get the idea.." He overdramatically cast his cloak away to reveal a skeleton. With bleach white bone and no ligaments to hold his bones together it was curious what actually held him together, but all the same there he stood, "Ummmm, could someone hand me that?"

Posted

I arose from whatever, the point is I'm alive and awake and I wont reintroduce myself or talk about how dramatically I woke up from suspended animation. "Hand you what?"

Posted

"Well...ummm. My uh...cloak..." If he had eyes the skeleton would be shifting them left and right awkwardly, but he did not. If he had pockets he may have put his hand in them fiddling around with lint. But unfortunately the skeleton had no pockets, not lint to fiddle with so he settled with holding his bony arms behind his back, not that that was terrible helpful as you could still see them through his rib cage.

Posted

"Oh! The way you said 'cast his cloak away' made me think you were opening it up like a trench coat to flash us. I'd totally forgotten that cloaks don't work like that... At least I don't think they do." I run and fetch your coat and bring it back. "Not that you could flash us, being a skeleton, and I'm sure that if you could, you wouldn't either. You don't really have any genitalia to expose to us after all. Don't see why you would need a cloak in that case anyway. If you know shame, then I suppose it's only reasonable that you must have been alive once, no? How come you're a skeleton now then?"

Posted

In response to the bombardment of questions the skeleton scratched his chin briefly, this was more or less a symbolic gesture what with not having nerve endings to feel with, but he made it all the same. He grabbed his cloak and swooshe.it around his shoulders and over his head in one motion somehow. "Its just so stylish you see. Even skeletons have standards." He paused to think what the other question that was posed to him. "How come you are a dog person?

Posted

"I suppose that's just how I roll." I look away from the skeleton man for a moment to look around at everyone, some of them still frozen. I guess we can put the frozen ones in a bag so that we can move on without leaving them behind. I look back "We have no idea where we're going and we have no goal. That's sort of what we're looking for I suppose. I like to think there's a town on the other end of this forest. Want to come with us anyway?"

Posted

"Absolutely. Skeletons love forests. Its one of our natural habitats. Of course whenever we go to one some bloody adventurer has to come along and kill us in droves. Happens in caves too." The skeleton wriggled his hands together with glee. " I haven't been in a forest this nice since I was a zombie." He then raised a finger to not something. " oh by the way, I'll be skulking as we travel." The skeleton hunched over and bent his knees a bit allowing the cloak to hang in front of him hiding his form. He then turned his head towards Teto, giving his best, and only, skeletal grin and gave a thumbs up