Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kony Things

78 posts in this topic

Posted

Kony 2012 is a dbag

I'll go buy a gun right now

Posted

Don't you think it's a little convenient that, with all the support behind Kony2012, the "truth" about Invisible Children comes out and anyone who backs their nonprofit organization is just a sheep fueling their corruption?

Don't you find that just a little strange?

Posted

Nah. Anyone with the power to stop him doesn't need the money and anyone who needs the money doesn't have the power to stop him.

Posted

My Student Counsel is buying posters online, to donate the money and of course put them up. This should be stopped...horrible.

Posted

Don't you think it's a little convenient that, with all the support behind Kony2012, the "truth" about Invisible Children comes out and anyone who backs their nonprofit organization is just a sheep fueling their corruption?

Don't you find that just a little strange?

This isn't how the world works, you might be surprised to discover. I feel a little stupid telling you that conspiracies aren't a common thing in society, given my Matrix avatar. But they aren't.

More to the point and in (at least) the general vicinity of fact, the Visible Children article is an opinion piece which cites a number of other opinions, as well as citing a number of facts and figures regarding the situation.

It's not a matter of convenient timing -- as a matter of fact, there was a similar article written in 2009, an article that this new one linked to. The reason you're hearing about this now, rather than before, is because Kony is suddenly a popular issue, not because it's "convenient".

Posted

There was once this dude who was just strolling down a beach. Y'know, just chillin' and shit. However, he then comes upon this guy throwing starfish back into the ocean after they got stuck from when the tide ebbed. But, y'know, that's like a squid ton of starfish. So, this dude's like "Hey, what's the point even? It's not like you can throw them all back and make a difference. Give it up."

However, after tossing another starfish back in the ocean, the guy's like "Well, maybe. But, hey, made a difference to that star fish."

Something I read way back when that I thought I would tell you guys about in the voice of someone who thinks it makes a valid point: me.

Ammonsa and Chase like this

Posted

Oh lol, I didn't realise it wasn't LL talking on page 3. Sorry pat.

Posted

you guys seem to think that im anti charity and think that we should do nothing to save the world. this isn't true, i'm not. i'm critisizing the military action that invisible children advocates, and i am saying that that invisible children are not the best charity, and other charities should have the dosh. so instead of whipping out the inspirational quotes, why not actually read my arguments

なべ and Arachne like this

Posted

I was really only against LL. I like your reason for disliking it, and agree somewhat. I copied your post and sent it to some people.

Posted

i was talking about 2356 :]

Posted

There was once this dude who was just strolling down a beach. Y'know, just chillin' and shit. However, he then comes upon this guy throwing starfish back into the ocean after they got stuck from when the tide ebbed. But, y'know, that's like a squid ton of starfish. So, this dude's like "Hey, what's the point even? It's not like you can throw them all back and make a difference. Give it up."

However, after tossing another starfish back in the ocean, the guy's like "Well, maybe. But, hey, made a difference to that star fish."

Something I read way back when that I thought I would tell you guys about in the voice of someone who thinks it makes a valid point: me.

What about all the oysters who will get eaten by those starfish? Every action has consequences, and if you simply act without thinking of the consequences because it seems like a nice thing to do, you often wind up causing just as much harm as good.

Posted

Yeah but the Starfish were originally in the ocean. That guy was just setting the ocean back to it's original state.

This is now a starfish vs oyster debate.

Posted

As the poet Ke$ha says, "we are who we are."

live.jpg

Posted

Hahaha, I saw that too.