Political Correctness

39 posts in this topic

Posted

Best part is that I only went to animu club twice not counting the lockdown :>

Posted

sayu is so pro

Posted

One teacher got in trouble for breaking up a gay couple for PDA, because they threatened to sue. He broke up every PDA he saw though. He probably got in trouble because he broke up PDAs with a yardstick though.

Posted

well, if he made any physical contact [with his hands], someone would try to get him in trouble. id understand using a yardstick.

Posted

Skipping the rest of the thread and posting a couple things from a guy I look up to.

First, a video:

Then, a response to when people called him a homophobe for calling the kid a faggot:

“Member of the Peanut Gallery:

"Some journalists & citizens on the internet & are wondering: Q? Am I a homophobe because I included a slang for gay in with other "acceptable" curse words during a verbal lashing I gave a young concertgoer, after being hit by his shoe, during a show the other day? A= Nope. My gay family & friends, as well as myself, KNOW I am not a homophobe. For years now I've known gay is not a choice; one's skin color doesn't determine one's intelligence level; & red hair doesn't mean you're someone's stepchild. You see, it's not the words, it's their intent. I never said, nor suggested, that being gay is wrong, but apparently, based on your outrage to my flu-infused rant, you do! By that logic... I also told that young whipper snapper I'd have anal sex with him... how can I possibly reconcile these opposing viewpoints? I called him a pussy too. Does it mean I hate our one worlds' collective vagina? I never have been nor intend to be politically correct. That's your cross to bear. To me, that PC world would suck more shit than the porta-potty truck at Glastonbury."

He continues:

"Homophobic? I'm in Queens Of The Stone Age for crissake... You say, "So. Your band name doesn't prove anything." Maybe not. But it's a helluv a lot more definitive than the logic of some watchdog... (sorry canine-American, canine-European, canine-African, canine-Australian & canine-Asian) moralist, keeping score from pure perfectionville? If your glass house is squeegeed that clean & you need to do something, do what the great philosopher Bill Hick's once suggested: - forgive me-. Or don't. I'm not asking for either, OK? I think you should let both of your cheeks go loose so the stick will drop out. Either way I expect that you'll soon find another injustice from your chair, then roll to your bullhorn & point it out to the rest of us... Because you're so above it all. Or If you'll allow me to translate a wish of mine into your PC lingo:

Will you please go have, consensual, sex with yourself.

Pretty please with all natural, carbon offset sugar on top.

Sincerely,

Mr. Missundastood

A.K.A. Joshua, Baby Duck, Jho

Head Choreographer & Do Stuff Corporation's pansexual spokes-thing”

And then, a picture:

Please__go__by_blood_y.jpg

Because I think this guy is great and all. In fact, here's a song, listen to it:

But most importantly:

Sincerely,

Mr. Missundastood

A.K.A. Joshua, Baby Duck, Jho wait mothersquider what the squid is that right there is that Jho

You're goddamn squidin right it is

168935763c0d32e103ec2ea3bc3f2857.jpg?v=210000

if only that meant he actually played the games or something like that

Chimetals likes this

Posted

Will you please go have, consensual, sex with yourself.

Pretty please with all natural, carbon offset sugar on top.

next time i snap on someone, thats what im gonna use.

Posted

next time i snap on someone, thats what im gonna use.

For a whole ten seconds after I read that and what you said, all I could think of was "use it on t1g use it on t1g use it on t1g"

Despite the fact that it doesn't work.

Dammit.

Posted

Quote from another forum that I posted in talk because I just love the quote so much. I don't see why you guys get so utterly squidding up in arms about political correctness. Maybe because it's actually expected of you in law in some cases now to be "politically correct." I know how much you Americans love your political freedoms. Being required to be polite, and yes, that is really all political correctness is (though there are always extremists, people who take non-offensiveness to such a degree that it ends up becoming condescending and offensive anyway!) seems to have the opposite effect on you.

On the other hand, I have absolutely no idea why everyone in the USA seems to address black people as african-americans. It doesn't even make sense if you addressed a british guy as an african american. I don't see why black and white could even be construed as offensive but whatever I don't have to worry about that here because while we do have that same concept of political correctness, it is honestly just the squidding same as not being a dickhead. So if for some reason we need to distinguish between a white person and a black person no one gets offended when you just say that they're black or white or whatever.

Not attacking any of you personally, just the attitudes I see prevalent around the internet regarding this topic, sorry if this was aggressive lol.

I don't know, whatever. Maybe you guys would feel more comfortable if you thought of it as just being a decent person. No, political correctness as a concept is probably not a necessary thing. But does that squidding matter? Does it change the fact that not being racist, homophobic, sexist, transphobic is necessary? No. So yeah, thats basically how I think of it. Just think of it as being a good person.

To answer, we have the first amendment. I can say whatever I damn well please, so long as it does not cause someone to directly lose money or worth based on a lie. That doesn't mean I shouldn't be a decent person, I don't use racial epithets, but that should be for me, and all people, to decide for themselves, this idea of legislating morality is no different in essence than banning homosexual marriage or abortion because a sector of people doesn't like it.

African american was determined sometime during the 60's and 70's to be the least offensive term, as a general rule, I don't use it, it's absurd. No one calls me an Irish American, nor would I classify anyone by their continent. I personally think that a lot of discrimination in application processes could be taken care of by removing race and gender boxes, and relying more on a personal interview.

Keep in mind, that opinions are expressed in more extreme fashion on the internet then in real life as a general rule.

To finish, it has nothing to do with being a decent person, it's that an otherwise decent person can have horrible consequences if they have one outburst. I had to fire a lifeguard that worked for me who made a comment about all the "damn niggers" that were swimming one day after he had to jump in for the fifth unattended child. He was engaged to a black girl, and did a lot of work with the NAACP. Point being, he isn't racist, he was a good guy that got upset, and used a word, and lost his job over it. In short, PC wouldn't be so bad, if it didn't permeate our laws, we don't walk on eggshells because we don;t want to be viewed as bad, we walk on eggshells because one misstep heard by the wrong person, can ruin your life.

Posted

So, I know this person that is rediculous about being politically correct ALL THE TIME. It's gotten to the point where I can't rage over people that piss me off or joke about obvious stereo types on the TV. I'm at my wits end with this person concidering that some of the things this person says tend to contradict what they say they stand for. It takes alot of fun out of situations and rage-induced conversations. And I really can't avoid them due to current circumstances.