Political Correctness

39 posts in this topic

Posted

Ok, fair enough, don't take that small part of what I said and argue that then. Lets correct what I said and just say people who act hatefully or are discriminatory to anyone.

Better?

Posted

i keep reading this as program counter

can you change the title to something that isnt a widely used acronym

Posted

see, I dont have a problem with the idea of PC. But all the rules that have sprout out of it are just awful. Just like you said, Ammonsa- why would "black" be an offensive term? Well it is because PC says it is!

Posted

I prefer delicious food terms.

Mocha, chocolate, dark chocolate, caramel, etc.

jk lol

but I wonder if PC has a stance on those.

Posted

why is there racism we all have the same blood color and everything

Posted

Why do countries draw a line between each other??

From space, there aren't any borders.

All you can see is the earth. ):

Posted

2.)The most unequal thing you can do is to try to make things more equal. Also, people abuse minority status all the damn time. Gay/Lesbian couples make out in the hallway, because they will threaten to sue if staff breaks up the couple for a PDA. So, staff simply leaves them alone. However, straight couples don't dare do this because they will be broken up. (Also, a minority/female/lbgt/disability requirement was added to our school's scholarship system. Seriously?)

when i dated someone of the same sex as me in high school, we got broke up /more/ often than the straight couples. just playing devils advocate here.

Quote from another forum that I posted in talk because I just love the quote so much. I don't see why you guys get so utterly squidding up in arms about political correctness. Maybe because it's actually expected of you in law in some cases now to be "politically correct." I know how much you Americans love your political freedoms. Being required to be polite, and yes, that is really all political correctness is (though there are always extremists, people who take non-offensiveness to such a degree that it ends up becoming condescending and offensive anyway!) seems to have the opposite effect on you.

the black/white issue is probably more severe here based on civil war and it being beaten over our heads in history classes. really, though, people will throw around "black/white" in conversation with no issues, its more of a political form of speech--something used by people in the public eye--teachers, politicians, bosses, etc. if you start throwing down things like "nigger" and "cracker", though, people are MUCH more likely to get offended.....assuming youre not of the race those words refer to.

Posted

Way to not catch my reference, Chimetals. :<

And we're all crackers.

It just depends on whether you're saltine, ritz, or whole wheat.

Posted

oh man do Cheezits™ count? I can't get enough of them. Now with even more Cheez™

Posted

if Arnold from The Magic School Bus when he ate all those carrot snacks that one time counts then sure, Cheez-Its are all up to Equal Opportunity Cracka Standards

Also, way to not catch my reference on page 3, T1G AND Chimetals. ):

Posted

Is it Planetes?

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

o lol

ya

Good job, Sayuri!! i will like your post

Posted

oh, i got that one.

some days, i forget that you watch what club watches.....theres usually some form of lag between one group or the other.

Posted

I started watching Planetes before your club even did. ): You guys watching it just gave me a reason to continue watching it.