The Movie/TV Show Thread

120 posts in this topic

Posted

Because for some reason we don't have one, or else it's been buried. Discuss movies or TV shows you're watching or are interested in here.

I'll start off with two I've seen recently:

I watched The Thing (2011) the other night, which I wasn't expecting much from, but turned out better than I expected. This is a prequel, and while I'll admit I haven't seen the original, Jay has and he said it tied in pretty well with the John Carpenter film.

Yesterday I watched The Machine Girl (2008), a japanese gore film that's pretty inventive in its gratuitous violence (not to give too much away, but it gave me a new perspective on the sushi I serve). Sometimes the movie drags, like near the middle when they're trying to establish more plot and drama, which would be fine if the focus hadn't already been established by a schoolgirl with a frickin' machine gun on her arm. But it's bloody fun where it counts, and some scenes are pretty hard to forget.

Movies I'm looking forward to/interested in: The Avengers (obviously), The Hobbit, Prometheus, The Cabin in the Woods, and oddly enough Goon, which could either be funny or stupid.

Posted

Watched Alice in Wonderland (2010) the other night. It was alright at the beginning but got gradually worse. Well, I say gradually. I guess I just mean as it got towards the battle. Disney sucks so much at battles it's ridiculous >: Sooo Narnia.

Aside from that the movie was alright though. I'm still not a huge fan of most of these kinds of kids films.

Sunday night I watched We Need To Talk About Kevin, which I liked a lot. Kind of dragged a little at parts (though I watched it between 3 and 6 in the morning) but it didn't really let the film down.

And that's all I have to say on that I suppose.

Posted

Definently give Game of Thrones a shot. I watched the first season because my housemates were all watching it, and ending up liking it so much that I read all the books.

Keep in mind that it moves a lot slower than most fantasy series out there, and there are a LOT of characters to keep track of, but if you can get into it, you will get hooked.

Posted

I've gotten into watching movies in my spare time. This week I saw Law-Abiding Citizen and Carrie, which are both good movies. Carrie moves kind of slowly at points and doesn't really fit with the horror genre into which most people put it (maybe it did during the 70's), but it's a good movie to watch, especially if you want to see how CRUEL HIGHSCHOOLERS CAN BE. Law-Abiding Citizen is a nice one too, a pretty clever and exciting movie with plenty of surprises.

Then I saw The Artist today, which is still in theaters. Pretty neat how someone decided to write a silent film about the end of the silent film era. I walked in there skeptical about how it would be able to hold my wandering attention, but I knew it'd won the Oscar for best picture so I just trusted that it would be able to, and it did. The acting was great, and there was A DOG.

I'll probably watch We Need to Talk about Kevin soon, and also if anyone ever wants to recommend a movie, I will add it to THE LIST.

Posted

Funny, I just recently watched that one, too. Was going to post about it at first, but decided against it.

I watched the redux, so it was pretty long, but I loved it. I felt like I was on drugs or losing my mind watching it, which was probably what the director intended.

Posted

Alice in Wonderland ended in song, if I recall.

The 2010 one? Don't remember that.

Posted

I finally decided to catch up on the big bang theory series, just finished season 5 (latest) and now I wish I didn't watch them all at once :(

Posted

I bought the director's cut of Apocalypse Now. I watched the original for the first time a few weeks ago. Or months ago? So I will probably watch the redux thing soon. 244 actual minutes. :0

But yeah, gr8 movie

I remember watching that movie in literature class. It was weird.

Posted

its late right now, but tomorrow I am finally going to watch The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly. Always wanted to watch it, just never had the chance.

Posted

I still can't find any Big Bang Theory past season three. Probably have to order off Amazon

I keep catching The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly right at the end. Never watched it the full way through, just the final showdown over and over. No real complaint, because that part's amazing.

Posted

Disney sucks so much at battles it's ridiculous >: Sooo Narnia.

the old the lion the witch and the wardrobe movie had the most glorious battle in the history of television history.

I am having trouble finding this thing on the internet/youtube because of the squidding newer narnia movies. pheo will know what i am talking about

Posted

Yesterday I watched Star Wars for the first time ever! It was really good, but i probably should have watched Episode IV first to understand it more.

Posted

the old the lion the witch and the wardrobe movie had the most glorious battle in the history of television history.

I am having trouble finding this thing on the internet/youtube because of the squidding newer narnia movies. pheo will know what i am talking about

You mean the old BBC Narnia series from 1988-1990? I have that on DVD back at home, but not watched it.

Posted

im torrenting Supernatural. Heard it was good. My list-

American Horror Story

Misfits

Being Human

Community

Parks and Recreations

True Blood

Those are my favorite shows. <3

Posted

You mean the old BBC Narnia series from 1988-1990? I have that on DVD back at home, but not watched it.

Idk. It might be though. We watched it on VHS

yep teto its the BBC one

go to 2:30

Teto likes this