120 posts in this topic

Posted

did anyone actually watch the narnia video i posted

i.e. the most amazing thing ever

Posted

I did

It was the best kind of lame

Posted

That video was a throwback for me. I remember watching it and not understanding why it wasn't as cool as the book was.

Posted

teto i haven't even linked you to the wolf fight yet

it is the greatest thing ever

jump to 3:50

Posted

i updated the previous post to avoid double posting but i dont think anyone noticed because of it

Posted

Finished Season 4 of Big Bang Theory. Also watched National Treasure for the first time a couple days ago. It was fun. Like a treasure hunt, Indiana Jones-y wild goose but without as many colonialist implications and more about American founding fathers history.

Also watched Ronin, a late 90s action crime film with Robert De Niro, Jean Reno, Sean Bean and Natascha McElhone. Really enjoyable.

Posted

why is no one watching the best furry in tv history

Posted

i updated the previous post to avoid double posting but i dont think anyone noticed because of it

Who even really cares about double posting, really.

And lol t1g, that is the most quality show made by the BBC or any other network in the world.

Posted

Man why did disney make a new Narnia movie. They should have just did a 3D remake of the BBC one

Teto likes this

Posted

I like the Disney version of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, but I didn't love it. I didn't really care for Prince Caspian, and never saw Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Ehh, 3D-ing non-3D movies can often look crappy, and for a lower-budget TV production, probably better to keep it as is. Been talking with fiance about doing a movie marathon. We're thinking a Friday the 13th marathon on that day this coming April. Just not sure how we'll manage, since he wants them all shown in one day. That's 12 movies, about 18 1/2 hours. Any suggestions on food, break times, start times, etc.?

I'm thinking some of Jay's friends are early birds and might like starting at 7:00 am, and then people can come and go as they please just in case they have work or something.

Posted

Seen Voyage of the Dawn Treader about three times. It's so bad. It was on Sky Anytime at a friend's house and we decided to watch it a second and third time, after suffering through it a while before. I have one of Eustace's screams as my message tone.

Posted

I saw John Carter of Mars today. It was okay, but they tried to shoehorn in way too much cheap angst for the hero. It just seems to be popular these days, ridiculous degrees of angsty angst. It wasn't even original angst, it was "boo-hoo, my family died, now I'm angsty and emotionally aloof and stuff." And the obvious nonviolent violence ploys (blue blood, disintegration, etc.) wound up being unintentionally hilarious.

Posted

This hasn't been updated in a while. Then again, I haven't been checking the forum much.,

That's too bad, Aethix. I was kind of hoping it might stick closer to its pulpy roots, maybe a little campier a la Flash Gordon (he'll save every one of us!)

Recently watched Dr. Strangelove, which was both hilarious and disturbing.

I've also watched Hugo, which is a children's adventure-type movie with a few twists. Really enjoyable.

Also rewatched Thor yesterday. I love how in that movie it's the men wearing the ridiculous costumes and doing the fanservice, while the women wear relatively practical, non-revealing clothing.

Posted

It was good?

Yes! Though my friend fell asleep lol

Posted

So I just saw the Hunger Games.

Who the hell forms an alliance in a free-for-all deathmatch?