The Movie/TV Show Thread

120 posts in this topic

Posted

Watching Young Frankenstein in English III today. Friggin' LOVE that movie.

Also I'm thinking of seeing Prometheus. It seems interesting.

Posted

OH MY GOD COMMUNITY

THE VIDEO GAME EPISODE

IT'S PERFECTION OH MY /GOD/

and I still have two more episodes left to watch! =D This is a good day. <3

Posted

so i just watched the trailer for Wreck-It Ralph, the new animated Disney movie and GOOD LORD LOOK AT ALL THOSE CAMEOS

Arachne likes this

Posted

Yeah, that trailer exploded across the internet yesterday. I really want eggman to get some speaking parts. I understand if Bowser doesn't.

Posted

Watching Big Train again for the first time in a while. Best sketch show.

Posted

so i just watched the trailer for Wreck-It Ralph, the new animated Disney movie and GOOD LORD LOOK AT ALL THOSE CAMEOS

[media=]

I like Sarah Silverman so I'll probably see it depending on how big her part is. She was that little girl in the candy forest, right?

Posted

Sarah Silverman in the candy forest was every conversation I've ever had with people who think I'm faking my voice.

Arachne likes this

Posted

You said that once and I didn't believe you, but the fact that you're mentioning this again so many months or maybe even years later makes me think you were probably honest and now I'm curious

Posted

I've heard mixed things about Prometheus. What's your take on it?

Posted

I keep hearing about Prometheus being a really deep movie, and then I found out its just part of the alien series, right? Can a movie like that one really be deep?

Posted

I mean all I know about the alien series is that it has baby aliens that burst out of your stomache and there's crossovers like alien vs predator, I've never looked at it as something to be taken seriously. Should I watch prometheus and take it seriously?

Posted

I hear it's not really a prequel, but just kinda takes place in the same universe. Wikipedia says it "explores its own mythology and ideas." I'll probably see it sometime this weekend

Posted

I just watched Back to the Future. Like, ALL OF IT.

ALL THREE PARTS. THE BEST TRILOGY.

MY FAVORITE PART WAS ALL OF IT.

Posted

The first two Alien movies are some of my favorites of all time. It's amazing how Ridley Scott was able to do so much with Alien considering that the actual alien gets so little screen time. I don't know whether I like Alien or Aliens better, though. Ridley Scott made the better movie in terms of creating an atmosphere (that movie creates such a sense of claustrophobia), but James Cameron basically perfected the design of the actual alien. I think they're best when taken together.

I haven't yet seen Prometheus, but I plan to. I've heard it's visually stunning but lacking when it comes to the story.

Back to the Future is a fantastically fun series. I watched the first one a couple of nights ago and enjoyed it just as much as I did the first time.

As far as TV goes, Community, Adventure Time, and The Legend of Korra are the on-air shows I'm watching. I just finished Spaced and The IT Crowd online, and I'm honestly not watching a whole lot of TV these days.

Posted

Legend of Korra's first season ended yesterday, right?