The Movie/TV Show Thread

120 posts in this topic

Posted

Watching Black Dynamite, Adult Swim's new cartoon based on the 2009 blaxploitation spoof film of the same name. Surprisingly hilarious.

"The Whorephanage is for whores and orphans, NOT MICHAEL JACKSON!"

~actual quote from the show

Posted

Just watched There will be blood. Great film. Highly recommend it.

Posted

Gonna watch Blazing Saddles tomorrow. Hilarious movie.

Incredibly racist, but it's by Mel Brooks, so you're laughing too hard to feel offended in any way.

Teto likes this

Posted

Blazing Saddles is the best and you are a good person.

Also you should watch Airplane! if you haven't already.

Posted

Just finished season 3 of Breaking Bad today. Show's great. Plot gets progressively better, the main character's involvement in the drug trade getting deeper and deeper. Details don't get forgotten, and the character's aren't stupid. It's very well put together.

It's not one of those shows that has a new carry-on each season, or they drop some bombshell at the end or beginning of each season to give them this whole new challenge to overcome for the season. It's gets deeper and deeper, things get more complicated, and it's all held together.

Anyway yeah, just adding to the hype. With season 3, it's starting to live up to the hype. People go on about it like it's the greatest thing ever. During season 2 and the start of season 3, I wasn't really seeing it. But it's coming around, and the hype is making more sense. And season 4 is apparently even better, and the way things are slowly escalating, I believe it will be.

Posted

I would highly recommend it. Found myself a little annoyed at the slow pace at times though honestly, but it does keep getting better. And even when it's slow, it's still good. As I said, wasn't quite living up to the hype for the first while, but it seems to be getting there.

Posted

I honestly can't remember any cliffhangers really. Nothing where they stop in the middle of a scene, but rather "how are the characters going to react to that?" sort of endings.

Posted

Fully caught up with Breaking Bad now. The mid-season finale cliffhanger was hellish. If you do watch the show, if possible stagger it out until July next year, when the show will pick up where it left off. For cliffhangers, this show isn't big for them, though endings do initiate an immediate urge to watch the next. Not many cut in the middle of a scene/situation endings though (like the end of season 3). Mostly situations are resolved before the end of the episode, and things are rather quiet.

But yeah, if you watch it, do so as casually as possible, so that you minimise the waiting time for more episodes.

Posted

So apparently tomorrow I'm staying after school with some friends to watch Ghost Dad, Con Air, and a couple episodes of MLP.

We're doing this. We're making it happen.

Posted

I honestly forgot you were a Homestuck

I need to watch those two movies too. WELP.

Posted

I'm not really much of a hamsteak. One of my friends keeps nagging me to read it, claiming that I'm "only on the tutorial."

He tells me that I need to catch up, and then he says that it would take about 5 months to do so.

Goddammit.

Posted

I was at home for the weekend and my sister was talking about TV shows, and she loves The Big Bang Theory. I was going to say about how one day in September I saw three people wearing Bazinga t-shirts and how ridiculously common those things are. But thankfully before I could say anything she asked if I'd seen the show and I told her that I'd only seen bits and pieces of episodes but never a full episode of it. She was a bit shocked for a second and said something along the lines of "well you better, or else you wont understand your christmas present", and I half-jokingly asked "is it a bazinga t-shirt?", to which she was like "shit, will have to get you something else now... nah I'll just get you an extra thing"

Better prepare my excited face for this Christmas.

Posted

I got a bazinga zip-up hoodie for my birthday.

I was genuinely happy to have gotten it.

Posted

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. That is my feeling towards Big Bang Theory. There are people who see Green and Red lantern T-shirts and say "Oooh look at that big bang theory shirt!"

Posted (edited)

Big Bang Theory just makes me cringe sometimes; pretty much all "Geek Humor" does. Its always badly overdone by people who only partly understand it.

To be fair I haven't watched the series since season one because of the above reason, so it could be great now for all I know.

Edited by emsomniac (see edit history)