Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Crusade

1 post in this topic

Posted

Overmeyer, the crown jewel of the five Realms of Gal is gone. Wiped from existence by Sekall the Unwavering, Goddess of Death and Destruction. Without the Capital to guide them Gal slipped into Chaos. Each Realm staked a claim as rulers of Gal and the resulting Civil War left the land splintered. Three realms, Litho home of the Rockminders, Therma home to the Flame herders and Volta home of the Lightning thieves unified under the rule of Drüg Kildar a ruthless Rockminder tyrant. Only two realms remain separate, Galea home to the Wind Mages and Covala home of the Wave Riders.

It is in Covala where our story begins, the home of Tobin a young Fisherman who dreams of adventure.

Chapter One: Tobin of Covala

Tobin enjoyed waking from his slumber, the cool ocean breezes and salt air filled his life with a quiet ease. But that in no way implies Tobin is a Slacker, everyone in Hy has respect for him. The Jund-Whale hunters call him Sinno (Strong), while the Cardi Fish catchers call him Notül (noble). When his parents were alive they would tell anyone who would listen that "Tobin of the Wave Riders is a name all of Covala will come to know".

But there was one in Hy that had no love for Tobin, his name was Hakor. Hakor hated Tobin from an early age because whatever Hakor could do well, Tobin could do great. From swimming down to the sunken ruins of Mar, to outpacing a Jund-Whale in heat Tobin was always ahead. Especially in the eyes of Mara, the girl Hakor was promised to.

"Tobin of the Wave Riders I challenge you!" Hakor shouted with an intensity that could wake of Covala. "What have I done to warrant such hostility this time Hakor? Did I best your time in Minoslots, did I catch more sea-fowl than you? Please enlighten me to the cause of your anger." Tobin asked jokingly. "This matter concerns my betrothed, Mara. I submit to the Elders and all here in witness that Tobin of the Waveriders soiled the purity of my bride to be!" "That is foolish Hakor, Mara is my oldest and dearest friend and nothing more. I respect your familial claim to Mara with utmost respect." Hakor reached into his pouch and produced a parchment with Tobin's family crest stamped on it. "Then explain this Parchment written in your own hand!"

"Let me see that Hakor!" Elder Fein said holding out his strong yet weathered fingers.

"My dearest Mara, I count the days until we can be together. All that stands in the way is Hakor, an obstacle that will soon be torn asunder...with love Tobin."

"Elder please those are not my words!" Tobin shouted. "But it is in your hand, I was your instructor in Kinder for several cycles and I recognise your script as well as mine own." "Elder please..." "Enough Tobin, we the Council of Hy will discuss the matter and render our decision."

The council was in session for many Subletts before rendering the verdict.

"It is the decision of this Council that Tobin of Hy be banished from Covala!"

The decision caused an uproar in Hy. Tobin the township's favorite son was leaving. As the town saw Tobin off Cero a lesser Elder approached Fein. "I see your plan worked Brother Fein. Copying Tobin's own hand from his Kinder work and spiriting it into your grand daughters posessions must've been no easy task. If I may, why did you frame your favorite student?" Fein looked at his walking staff and to tne flowing blue orb mounted atop it. "I have seen much in the Occulous Brother Cero, a great battle is drawing near and if Tobin was to remain in Hy and by extension Covala, our world would perish.