Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

An actual rant in the rants and raves section.

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Posted

Teto. ): You should really talk more with folks. I'd write something pretty lengthy, but I'm about to go to bed because of stuff I need to do as well.

These words aren't just obligatory ones meant to make me seem like I'm not a bad person. I don't want you to feel bad and want you to feel more accomplished and integrated. I really do hope you feel better. Things like this worry me a lot. You, Cirt, Cascade, Sayuri, Ammonsa, and a bunch of other people have really started to cut down on contact with the community, and everything has been feeling like it's crumbling right in front of me. I could say it's exams or whatever, but everyone's been stressed for generally different reasons, social, school, and otherwise. I want to think it's temporary, but I can't help but feel that if you leave it untreated for so long, it might become your life. My friends are important to me. Even ones I don't talk to much. I've now, multiple times, wasted a good hour or two trying to talk Fort into improving her life and becoming healthier. I wouldn't say it's a waste, actually. She has been making progress lately, despite most of her waking hours being dedicated to Monster Hunter, Team Fortress 2, and the like. I think I just gave her a reason to do what she's been wanting to, honestly.

Anyway, my main thing is, everyone handles things differently, but if the way you're handling it gives you problems, then you need to find out why first. Then you can work towards finding a solution. The best advice I can give in my current mind is to find out what the issue is, why you're having it, and how to get rid of it. There is never a problem without a solution. The best thing is to find out what the problem is first.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Posted

Well yes. The first step is to craft your own solution. The next step should be to listen to it and put it into action. I tell myself to do things all the time, and I have sort of a mantra. "Sometimes you just have to listen to yourself". It's pretty catch-all. If you're doing something that doesn't sound like it's good at all, like say, putting off homework, then listen to yourself speak and realize how lame that sounds. Or if you keep telling yourself to do something, listen to yourself. :/

Like, we screw around all the time and gain nothing. How many times have you browsed random websites without even remembering them the next day? I just spent like five hours on Cracked last night and I'm not any better for it. Now I can hardly remember what I read. It's only anecdotal. Stuff I can talk about with people later if they remind me of it. I acknowledge this. Which is why it pisses me off when I don't just do something productive when I know I'll feel actually better by doing it. A sense of accomplishment. Actual progress. Further knowledge that will help me get to where I need to go. I mean, of course, homework. Homework and independent studies.

If you don't care, start caring. If you really don't care you wouldn't be here talking about it. Just put more effort into things you know are probably more important.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Posted

Hey, look. I found another me.

Anyway, (Picking out things I want :P) everyone reacts differently to death and such. It doesn't make oyu a worse person or anything like that.

I can relate to the no motivation about anything. However, I just sort of...snapped out of it the past few days. I think I have a reasoning why.

As much as you guys know I DESPISE bringing this person up, I will anyway.

After I told my parents how sad I am (And another teacher), I took Mr. F to an empty class, to talk to him about it. I told him I had no motivation for anything, and that my self-esteem fell so low. I feel like my life is going nowhere as well, with my terrible 1.6 GPA. I told him of my friend problems and such as well. He told me some things about his life and stuff. It was nice.

But you know what stuck out? He told me to live for now, and don't worry about what will happen tomorrow. (After we were talking about death, for some reason.)

And that's what you, as well as everyone else should do. While everyone needs their priorities straightened out, do what you can today, and do what you can tomorrow. If you keep worrying about tomorrow, nothing will change and you'll stay stuck where you are.

Posted

Teto :< I'm sorry to hear all of this. Being this stressed isn't fun or anything and sometimes it's hard to get yourself out of the hole you've gotten in. I'm really bad about consolation but I did read the whole thing and I can fully empathize.

I too have similar motivation issues. I know the easy solution about doing things is to just get them done, but procrastination etc etc and then I have a hard time berating myself if there's no immediate consequences for me not doing my work. Because of this, my grades are also falling and I've become a worse student in general.

I haven't been here lately because I am "busy," or like idk. I do spend a lot of time on campus and a lot of time with friends and generally I'm not on the computer much anymore? or if I am, I'm on my phone and I don't really check the forums. I post pretty often on tumblr (or what is considered often) and I guess I don't really have an excuse. I come back here and I see that not much is going on/nothing that really piques my interest so I just get off and whatever. When I get on chat, it is always during the hours of the day when literally no one is talking. Other times, I just don't pay attention/hear my highlight go off. :< so. sorry. I miss you guys, though.