orange juice is necessary

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Posted

Yeah, this part scared the shit out of my past self.

What does the big scary tunnel even have to do with making chocolate?

Posted

I thought it was pretty hilarious.

Sometimes I think I've been desensitized to stuff like this, but I was desensitized to stuff like this when I first watched it in my pre-10 years, so idk what the dillio is.

Posted

I watched this all the time as a kid. I don't remember this part being scary to me, just weird.

Posted

It's just jarring really. I mean, one minute they're in a room made of candy, Wonka sings a catchy tune. The next minute they're in a scary tunnel on a boat going way too fast, while Wonka starts talking about the the fires of hell and stuff. Right after that they get off the boat and look at some cool candy inventions, like the scary boat ride never even happened.

Posted

I can't remember this movie much. I don't think I watched any except a part at the beginning. I didn't actually recognise it when I saw it on Youtube first, I thought it was a deleted scene or something.

First I remember hearing it is from a Pendulum track that samples it.

Posted

"Daddy I do NOT want a boat like this..." Veruca was always my favourite character, lmao.

But yeah, I watched this film all the time as a kid! This scene always scared me as a kid too, but now I actually think it's one of the better scenes in the film, mostly because of how non-relevant it is to well, anything else in the film! lol. It's a pure mood whiplash from the Chocolate Room scene and a nice disconnect. I love it. :]

Although I do still jump whenever Slugworth pops up in that scene, idk he was always more scary for me than any of the insects/chicken getting decapitated. /shrug especially the scene where he confronts Charlie to bribe him for Wonka's secrets, that was always the hardest scene for kid!me to watch lol.

tl;dr yay one of Teto's spam threads was enjoyable in some way for me.