Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Comic Thread

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Post comics and web comics that you would like to share! I kinda made this for Pheo so he can stop flooding the picture thread lol. But I also have a web comic that I would love to share!

The Super-Gay Adventures of Ross Boston.

tumblr_lncrzeOUSy1qgt3neo1_500.jpg

I followed this author, Drew Green, on DeviantART and Tumblr for years, and am friends with him on Facebook. But I didn't actually read his comic til today. Mainly because he posts one page a week, and I figured I would lose interest in it at that pace. But if his kickstarter/indiegogo (he hasn't decided which to use) works out, chapter 2 will come at a much faster pace.

The comic is about a group of adventurers who fight magical creatures and stuff. Ross being the newest addition to the party. The first half of chapter 1 (which is almost finished, with currently 46 pages) is, admittedly, a bit forced and ill paced. But around page 22, it becomes pretty satisfying in my opinion. Im kinda excited for episode 2 and I'm hoping for printed copies to be eventually made. The art is unique and very colorful, most deff some eye candy. Anyways, read it here--

http://supergayadventures.com/?p=66 (page one)

Now, you guys post some comic related stuff! RAWR!

Posted

ever heard of homestuck

Posted

tumblr_lpiwqw3WyJ1r18quno1_500.jpg?1313087940

Posted

Have you ever heard of Ultimate Spider-Man?

Not Peter Parker he died. The new Spider-Man is Miles Morales. A few months before Peter Parker died young teen Miles Morales was bitten by another OZ infected spider that gave him spider powers similar but different than Peter's. He has the wall climbing, strength, agility and spider sense but in addition he can turn invisible and a stunning touch. At first ambivalent of his abilities he soon chooses to use them following Parkers death believing if he had embraced them earlier he could have helped Parker and saved his life.

Posted

Yeah, I have all the new Ultimate Spider-man comics featuring Miles. Haven't read some of them yet. He's pretty cool.

Posted

Probably gonna get some flak for this one, but...

Moonstuck_9379.png

Moonstuck is the story of one little princess pony's adventures on the moon. Armed only with a map, various stat boosts, an unhealthy dose of adorableness, and unstoppable determination, little Woona will encounter the Lunar Maria, Bat Ponies, Moonitaurs, and a mysterious doppelgänger who tries to thwart her efforts at every turn. This comic is done in the Problem Sleuth style of "ask the audience what to do". An interesting thing about this comic is that the aforementioned map can be folded into pretty much anything from a Cartographer's Cap to a Cartographer's Cutlass to a Cartographer's Comically-Oversized Oyster Shucker.

the_cartographer__s_map_origami_series_by_cahoonas-d4m5mr9.png

Oh yeah, and everything the map can be made into can really be folded with a regular square sheet of paper.

Another thing about the comic is that if something doesn't seem to make sense, then we get a visit from Science Woona!

Basically, Science Woona will always have a reasonable explanation for why things work the way they do. Well, at least she does most of the time...

Like for example, How can Woona breath in space?

100435%20-%20artist%3AEgophiliac%20ask%20ask_woonastuck%20luna%20Moonstuck%20science%20woona.png

Eeyup, science.

science_by_egophiliac-d4n2gxa.png

Posted

what a bozo

Posted

aside from awkward zombie and SMBC, i follow these guys:

Double K--gurren lagann alternate universe where Kamina and Kittan are cops (along with everyone else, but you know). given this is gurren lagann, you can guess just how problems and confrontations are solved.

also, the art.

DOUBLE_K___Bad_cop___bad_cop_by_captainosaka.jpg

ok, actually the art is more like this:

DOUBLE_K___001_by_captainosaka.jpg

the other one is Grey Is... written by an artist in Jordan. hrnnnnnn.....lets just say that i am waiting patiently for volume 2 to be printed and orderable.

(warning: a lot of pictures)

guitar_fun_by_juusan13-d45qc64.jpg

1308336343_grey_is____anger_by_juusan13-d3j5r5i.png

how_to_not_care_by_juusan13-d3026po.jpg

"How can I stop caring"

"Why stop caring?"

"people suck"

"I don't!"

=_________= "O-okay thanks."

more grey is...

Fake_Screencap_1__Grey_is____by_juusan13.jpg

anger_by_juusan13-d3a3h55.jpg

Shared_Warmth_by_juusan13.jpg

Necropolis likes this

Posted

I haven't read Double K, but I supported the author on Kickstarter, so a printed copy of volume one is mine once he's done printing them. :>

Posted

Reposting from another thread.

I've been rereading "Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?" and the edition at the library includes the one-off story called "A Black and White World", where comic book characters are actors in the comic books. Oh, and it's written by Neil Gaiman.

BatmanNewsweek.jpg