Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Would you take a life?

53 posts in this topic

Posted

Maybe. It's really hard to test something like that.

Posted

no, u silleh.

Agreed, this thread is pretty stupid. :P lol And it's about taking lives, not specifically shooting and killing people.

I wonder if you gain or lose karma if you kill bugs.

Like, say, you kill a termite. That's +1 or +2 karma. Then you kill a butterfly (which doesn't hurt anyone and is pretty) and you get -5 karma or something like that. Then when you die, you see a scoreboard of all the bugs you've ever killed and what karma changes from them, and then you see your total karma.

Or, like, killing some thug who has some lady in an alley at gunpoint because he wants her purse is like +200 karma, or killing any innocent people is like -500.

idkman we really need a philosophy thread. Do we have one of those? If we don't, we need to make one asap. And a thread about donuts, That would be pretty nice. :D

Like this one: https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRD3RN1Zk-cnRZuw6wyCzN4fEqv7qXoUqE3gh6JRCsCZ1NFxe6eg

Posted

ynawt? Philosophy is religion free. There we would be able to just think outside the box and just wonder what would happen when life ends (of course unless you believe you go to wherever you go in your specific religion.)

Like would you become a thinking soul free to no-clip around the universe? Or would you be born on another planet with a different species (like in Avatar)? Or would you wait until someone sleeps, then hijack their body (but you end up being that person for the rest of the day since you have their brain), then have another soul hijack your body the next night?

There's so many possibilities.

If I had weed, I'd probably end up in a mental institution. :L

Posted

Woa woa woa, wait a minute. You have philosophy in your school/college? We don't have those here. :L I guess that thinking outside the box isn't right for some people here. But there are some nice thinkers too. But still, how do you get graded on your philosophy (which is opinion. participation, mabye?)?

Posted

Woa woa woa, wait a minute. You have philosophy in your school/college? We don't have those here. :L I guess that thinking outside the box isn't right for some people here. But there are some nice thinkers too. But still, how do you get graded on your philosophy (which is opinion. participation, mabye?)?

I took an online philosophy class last summer to get one of my humanities requirements, and grading is mostly a combination of participation, writing skill, and presenting well-thought out, logical arguments. There are also tests on philosophers and schools of thought that are presented in the study materials.

Posted

Who knows? Mabye, in some parallel universe, we're still babies about to die a premature death in a hospital. But the doctors had just enough time to implant a chip in our brains that let us experience life for ourselves, even though, in reality, we're only minutes, mabye even seconds, away from dying. The chip operates and portrays images and scenarios a billion times faster than the actual second.

But that chip accesses our ability to see, touch, smell, hear, and feel, and operates what goes on and what we do at supernatural scientific levels. So we're doing what we're doing right now, living a full and whole life, just as the chip's purpose is.

And, when we die in this reality, we go back to the real universe, and die.

Or mabye we're actually aliens playing some sort of videogame, where we have goggles and a suit that reacts to everything so it puts us in some other form of virtual reality (which would be this). And when we die, we're released and shown on a scoreboard of all the deeds we've done. And then you put in your initials. :P

We desperately need a philosophy thread.

Posted

That is not philosophy. Philosophy involes logic and reason. Not random and baseless what-ifs.

In any case, if you think we need a philosophy thread, feel free to make one.

Posted

phi·los·o·phy/fəˈläsəfē/

Noun:

• The study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence, esp. when considered as an academic discipline.
  • A set of views and theories of a particular philosopher concerning such study or an aspect of it.

The second definiton kinda fits what we're talking about here. Isn't philosophy about what-if's?