The Merry Marvel Marching Society

1978 posts in this topic

Posted

Just a quick update today True Believers. It just dawned on me that Alexis Denisof who voiced The Chitauri alien called "The One" in The Avengers is a veteran of The Whedonverse. He played Wesley Wyndam-Pryce in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel.

Posted

Buffy is Dark Horse, right? I thought this was the MARVEL thread lol.

Posted

I'm talking about the TV series Ninja. Joss Whedon who directed the Avengers created Buffy and Angel, as well as Firefly and Dollhouse.

Posted

I saw the avengers maybe an hour ago, and it was pretty good except for the credits when I figured out Black Widow was Scarlet Johansson and I mean that's great good for her she's hot and everything and i thought she was great for the roll but

Posted

I'm talking about the TV series Ninja. Joss Whedon who directed the Avengers created Buffy and Angel, as well as Firefly and Dollhouse.

Dude i was just squidding. I knew what you meant gosh. Did he create the TV series alone or did he also take part in the movie? I think the movie came first, correct?

Posted

Yes the movie did in fact come first, and yes Joss was the writer on the film. But the studio took his serious script and made a comedy out of it. Flash forward a few years and he got to do Buffy his way, the much better TV series. Another Buffy sidenote, Alexis Denisof is married to Alysson Hannigan who played Willow Rosenberg. The couple are now on CBS' How I Met Your Mother Aylsson plays Lily and Alexis plays the recurring character Sandy Rivers.

Posted

4178850_460s.jpg

Posted

All I know about that chick from Buffy/How I met your mother is that she once stuck a flute up her snatch in band camp.

Posted

With the core Avengers team fully realised on the screen, which actors would you pick to play the Avengers that remain to be seen?

Ant Man:

Zachary Levi

Wasp:

Emmy Rossom

The Vision:

Zachary Quinto

Black Panther:

Eugene Byrd

Luke Cage:

Isaiah Mustafa

Spider-Woman:

Jordana Brewster

Sentry:

Channing Tatum

Which actors do you think should sinch up their tights for Avengers 2?

Posted

Zachary Levi as an action hero taken seriously

Posted

I think Zack can be an action hero, he kicked ass as Intersect 2.0 Chuck. He could use a little bulking up though, he was pretty buff as a gay exercise enthusiast in "Weiners".

Posted

I don't really know enough about these actors to have a judgement. I pay really close attention to characters but I couldn't care less about the actors, aside from how well they played the individual part. I'm sure the producers or director(s) or whoever will do well to cast the heroes.

Posted

May-12-2012-14-56-26-jhk.jpeg

Posted

Does [Redacted] live?

*Warning there be spoilers ahead!*

One of the saddest moments in the Avengers came when longtime Marvel pictures character Phil Coulson died after being run through by Loki. But a movement has started on the Interwebs claiming that Coulson isn't dead. The hasthtag Coulson Lives (#Coulson Lives) has recently become a Trending topic of Twitter and the message has appeared spraypainted on buildings in New York, Seattle, Miami and LA. Some fans point out that Coulson's "death" could've been manufactured by Fury as a way of solidifying the Avengers as a team, a way to give them something to rally behind. Still others claim by an offhand comment of Coulson dating a Cellist to mean that he could be being groomed to be the Marvel Pictures version of The Vision, the Android Hero who was dating the Scarlet Witch who was an accomplished Cellist.

Sound off, do you think Coulson should live or has his character run the course?

Posted

I think he should be dead, HOWEVER I also would welcome any twist Marvel throws at us. I'm good either way. :>