The Merry Marvel Marching Society

1978 posts in this topic

Posted

Some claim the Cellist is Wanda Maximoff aka The Scarlet Witch mutant and daughter of Magneto. Unfortunately ownership of Marvel's Mutants belongs to 20th Century Fox.

Posted

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I refuse to believe that Coulson is really dead.

avengers-vocab-of-doom.jpeg

Posted

Unfortunately ownership of Marvel's Mutants belongs to 20th Century Fox.

Which is why I don't have high hopes for her inclusion. :<

Posted

It's friday, so begins a new weekly Merry Marvel event:

The Obscure Marvel Spotlight!

Each friday I'll mine the depths of Marvel's vaults and pull out an Obscure and Regrettable character.

Obscure Character #1

Eye-Scream

Eye-Scream is a mutant enemy of the X-Men first seen in X-Men vs Obnoxio the Clown #1. Eye-Scream has the mutant power to transform his body into any flavor of ice cream then melt so he can slip under locked doors (I kid you not True Believers). This character was only seen once then quickly vanished, it is unknown if Eye-Scream retained his powers after the events of "House of M" (one can only hope).

Next Friday:

Comet Man

Special announcement True Believers!

With the success of The Avengers, TV networks are chomping at the bit trying to get their hands on Marvel properties. ABC is trying to produce a new hour long drama centered on The Hulk while Disney XD is looking to produce a half hour comedy series based on Marvel's super powered kids "The Power Pack". Other networks interested in Marvel are BET who wants to do Black Panther and Fox who want to do Exiles.

Sound off Marvelous followers, should Marvel cave and allow these shows or should Marvel stick to movies?

On a lighter side of Marvel news. Angie Harmon of TNT's Cop Drama Rizzoli & Isles took time out from filming and went to Twitter posting a twitpic of her smashing a sidewalk. Harmon has expressed interest in playing Jennifer Walters also known as The Sensational She-Hulk. The actress clearly a fan claims to have no problem with the characters tendency to turn her clothes to shreds claiming "I'll happily put these 36c's (breasts) on display"

Posted

Did anyone else think the scene where they were all starting to argue with each other in that room (before it got really heated, when the camera went upside down and stuff) was really choppy

Posted

It was filmed that way to emphasise that the Spear was messing with the groups heads.

Posted

Sure, yeah, but they all just kind of stood in a stationary position and spoke at each other. It was a weird way for a group of people to argue.

Posted

To be fair, they aren't exactly a normal group of people.

Posted

Nah, pheo has a point. I had to think hard about that scene since I've only seen the movie twice, but there was very little movement in that scene.

The local paper gave the movie a bad review because the journalist thought that the heroes bickered too much. Oh yeah, lets have an action movie where everyone gets along. lol

Posted

Update- Agent Coulson lives.... kinda.

He's a character in the new Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon on Disney XD, which is actually a lot closer to the Cinema Universe than Ultimate, so I hear.

Posted

I've read every Ultimate Spider-Man book and the new series is nothing like it. In 1606 Luke Cage and Iron Fist are adults, White Tiger's a guy and Nova doesn't wear a suit, he's just a bright glowing teenager. Mary Jane knew Peter was Spider-Man since almost the beginning. The show is Ultimate in name only. Spectacular Spider-Man was more Ultimate than Ultimate.

Posted

Guess what True Believers, everybodys favorite S.H.I.E.L.D Agent Phil Coulson has made the leap to Marvel's print media. He appears briefly alongside S.H.I.E.L.D director Daisy Johnson and Nick Fury Jr (who looks like Samuel L. Jackson) in issue 5 of Scarlet Spider.

Posted

Yeah, the show only takes a few hints from the Ultimate series, but even more from the Cinema Universe. Like Iron Man and Captain America are based on their movie versions more than any other version.

Posted

Welcome to Merry Marvel Sunday...and no it's not a delicious frozen dairy treat, it's another weekly update into Mighty Marvel.

As you may have guessed True Believers, Earth's Mightiest Heroes have once again reigned supreme at the Box-office. Not only did they Smash a group of wise cracking Dads, but they also beat a board game to a bloody mess. Is there no end in sight to the Marvel world domination?

Merry Marvel Sundae

Start with a chilled glass sundae bowl. Add three scoops of your favorite Ice Cream. Add ready-whip in rows across the front, back and over top. Drizzle hot fudge (or Hershey's Chocolate syrup) over top, add chocolate sprinkles (jimmies) and chopped nuts (unless you're allergic) and top with a ripe Bing Cherry.

And there you have a Merry Marvel Sundae.

Posted

Thats pretty cool.

Saw this on tumblr, laughed.

I bet Spiderman left New York City for a day trip and when he came back, he saw the catastrophic aftermath of The Avengers and he was like

“I WAS GONE FOR ONE DAY. ONE DAY.”

Arachne likes this