The Merry Marvel Marching Society

1978 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't want a realistic looking MODOCK, I want him to look just as silly as he does in the comics.

or like this lol

tumblr_m0k0eaaCgq1qkjnzao1_500.jpg

Posted

And the hits just keep on coming folks!

Recently the suits over at 20th Century Fox filed a ratings assessment with the MPAA for a project titled "Days of Future Past". Now while it's MUCH to soon to speculate, Fanboys have already claimed that this is the next X-Men movie.

Their reason, a 1981 two issue arc called X-Men: Days of Future Past. The story takes place in a dystopian future where mutants are imprisoned or killed by Sentinel Robots which rule the country. To save the Future, Kitty Pryde travels mentally back in time into her younger self to warn the X-Men of the Catalyst event which threatens Homosuperior, The assassination of US Senator Robert Kelly.

While I think it's much too early to speculate, I think a movie based on one of the biggest arcs in X-Men history would be really awesome.

Posted

That would be awesome, I mean if they didn't squid up the story and characters already with the original trilogy. Though the Sentinel cameo in X3 was kinda neat.

Posted

It's happening again folks. First DC comics made one of their oldest characters, Green Lantern Alan Scott gay. Now on the (very stylish) heels of Marvel's Gay wedding announcement, DC has just revealed that Scott to is going to propose to his partner in an upcoming issue.

And that's not all Marvelites. Back in 2010, as Marvel's The Avengers was just in the planning stage DC president Diane Nelson and Warner Bros president Jeff Robinov stated that Marvel and Disney's Avengers stunt would fail and that they were not pursuing a film based on their own superteam The Justice League. Well my what a difference 2 years makes. It seems that Avengers $1 Billion + box-office total has the conglomerate singing a different tune. With Batman, Superman and Green Lantern films already in existence DC/Warners are preparing to unite these heroes to combat a global crisis all their own.

Way to grasp Marvel's coat tails yet again DC, do you ever have an original thought? No wonder Marvel constatnly smokes you in sales.

And it seems that Marvel's next superhero might be T'Challa, the Black Panther. In the past the comics giant has said that it plans to make smaller budget films based on it's second tier characters and what better place to start then with a future Avenger. The story is still under wraps but might involve T'Challa's time when he was a student in America possibly during the Chitauri invasion then have him return to Wakanda after his father King T'Chaka is murdered and the country overthrown by M'Baku the Man-Ape and AIM scientist Ulysses Klaw who plans to steal the Wakandan Vibranium mount.

Posted

Looks like we're about to witness the birth of a second industry rivalry: Disney vs Warners.

More importantly though, this talk of a justice league movie looks like a spoiler for the end of the new batman movie. Does this confirm Batman lives at the end? Because there's a whole lot to suggest that he probably dies at the end of the film.

Posted

I doubt Batman dies. I believe all the hype revolves around this being Chris Nolan's last Batman film, the end of his Batrilogy. I'm sure the franchise will continue with a new director and possibly new lead actor if Bale doesn't want to return.

Posted

Gosh how are they gonna combine the dark tones of Batman with the not so dark tones of Green Lantern and Superman? I also heard a Flash movie has been in the works for a while.

Posted

The upcoming Superman film "Superman: Man of Steel" is gonna be a gritty "Batman" like reboot, and not awful like Superman Returns. It's being directed by Zack Snyder and produced by Chris Nolan. It stars Henry Cavill (The Immortals) as Clark Kent/ Kal-El/ Superman, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Kevin Costner as Jonathan Kent, Diane Lane as Martha Kent and Russel Crowe as Jor-El.

To date the only Superman I can tolerate is Smallville and the Justice League series.

I may bash DC from time to time but that doesn't mean I don't read some of their stuff. If you liked Batman Beyond, the story continues in Batman Beyond Unlimited a new monthly series. And the story of Smallville continues in Smallville Season 11 comics, issues 1 and 2 now on sale.

Posted

Oh, Batman Beyond was on when I was a kid! I liked that show. Cool stuff. There was this episode when a guy kept phasing through matter and everything, but he lost control of it and fell through the ground, and Bruce was like "He's gonna keep falling until he hits the center of the earth." That freaked me out. The lady with the blade that was somehow thinner than a molecule was pretty cool too. And the whole king/queen villain motif that was going on. But I'm just typing my stream of thought.

I can't help but wonder, if superman is getting a gritty reboot, with batman's already gritty-ness, would the justice league be like that, too?

Posted

If the whole Justice League was gritty and dark, it'd probs be super hard to take seriously. I mean Batman can do it but the JL has a bunch of bright colors in their costumes, probably more so than most Marvel heroes. It'd be hard to take seriously.

Posted

My fav Batman Beyond episodes are:

Heroes (Season One, Episode Six):

The Terrific Trio are the new popular heroes in Gotham, until they are driven insane by the truth of the "accident" that gave them their powers.

The Winning Edge (Season One, Episode 9):

A new steroid like drug hits Terry's school and Bruce Wayne believes his old enemy Bane is behind it.

Bloodsport (Season Two, Episode Six):

Stalker a cybernetically enhanced Big Game Hunter comes to Gotham to hunt his latest prey, Batman Beyond.

Zeta (Season Two, Episode Twenty):

Terry helps a renegade Military Infiltration Cyborg who wishes to stop killing. The backdoor pilot for "The Zeta Project".

April Moon (Season Two, Episode Twenty Two):

A group of Criminals kidnap a Doctor's girlfriend and force him to give them Bionic enhancements. Batman must find the kidnap victim to get the code phrase needed to stop the criminals.

Epilogue (Justice League Unlimited Season One, Episode Twenty Six):

A special episode meant to serve as a defacto Series Finale Twenty year old Terry McGinnis imagines a conversation he'd have with his mentor Bruce Wayne following former Cadmus head Amanda Waller's confession that Terry is actually Bruce Wayne's son.

Posted

They tried to make Inque Batman Beyond's sympathetic villain much like Mr. Freeze was Batman's.

That episode with Talia was weird. If you remember she was coming on to Wayne very strong. When you find out it's actually Ra's in her body it's double weird.

I forgot to mention the two part Batman Beyond episode "The Call" (Season 3, Episodes 7 & 8):

Terry is drafted into the JLU by Superman to find the traitor in their midsts. He finds that Superman is the traitor, he's being manipulated by Starro again after the league stripped it off him years earlier in "Justice League Unlimited" episode "For the Man who has Everything" (JLU Season 1, Episode 2).

Posted

Well it seems that someone out there (and by association yours truly) jumped a gun.

So it's time for...

The Merry Marvel Marching Retraction

A few weeks ago I reported that the Iron Patriot armor was seen on the North Carolina set for Iron Man 3. Well it seems that this is not the case. What seemed to be Iron Patriot is actually The War Machine Armor with a spiffy Red, White and Blue paint job.

Let this be a cautionary tale to all you Marvelous folks...

"Don't assume because when you assume, you make an ass outta you and me.

Posted

But it's basically a nod/cameo to Iron Patriot.

Posted

hey guys

guys

I live in North Carolina

ask me about this

guys :(