The Merry Marvel Marching Society

1978 posts in this topic

Posted

Just something I've noted. You were saying how you shouldn't need to lump all white culture together, and then you lump all black culture and audiences together.

Posted

Why are you reading any of this

Posted

Are you puppying kidding me? Nobody is this dumb. I'm not lumping black audiences together. The "black demographic" is literally an actual thing in marketing. There are sub demographics to it, just as there are for any demographic. I'm shocked that you guys are actually this stupid. Like, honestly- every thing I'm saying is common sense that can be backed up with simple research. This is the dumbest conversation I've ever had. I feel like I'm trying to explain simple algebra to third graders. "Bu- but- but letters like 'x' and 'y' aren't numbers! Whaaaaaa." I'm so done with this website. Bite me.

Posted

So...uhhh... Comics are cool, huh?

LLmao ?✊? likes this

Posted

Stepping back— this is a super hero comic book thread on a children's video game forum. Someone is bringing up their emotional baggage up for no reason and then getting really mad.

You just can't ask for a better internet experience than this

Posted

Wikipedia-

Demographics are the quantifiable statistics of a given population. Demographics are also used to identify the study of quantifiable subsets within a given population which characterize that population at a specific point in time.

Demography is used widely in public opinion polling and marketing. Commonly examined demographics include genderageethnicity, knowledge of languagesdisabilities, mobility, home ownership, employment status, and even location. Demographic trends describe the historical changes in demographics in a population over time (for example, the average age of a population may increase or decrease over time). Both distributions and trends of values within a demographic variable are of interest. Demographics can be viewed as the essential information about the population of a region and the culture of the people there.

I learned this in my middle school social studies class. Christ, you guys are all so dim. 

Posted

You're a dumbographic

Posted

LL, please stop egging him on.

Posted

I was talking to the other guy, sorry, I should have quoted it

Not trying to start an argument, but you realize that this is proving my point, right
Spider-man is a white character created by white people in white culture. White culture isn't lack of a culture. Arbitrarily changing a character from white to black is more socially acceptable than changing a black character to a white one. I shouldn't even be saying "white culture", as there are countless ethnic groups in the blanket group of "white".

Black people are in no way a majority of anything in the US, so there's not like, this secret market of black people to tap into by making Spider-man black for no reason. If there was some statement to be made or some ideas to explore that only black Spider-man can do, then maybe that's a reason. Spider-man isn't some foreign idea that has to be changed to appeal to new groups of people.

I feel like it's just for publicity, if anything. It's nothing to get upset about, but see it for what it is.

this post specifically, like you talk about how there's a bunch of ethnic groups in the group of "white" and then just lump all ethnic groups as black right afterwards....

Posted

I'm sorry I jumped the gun, Verity. I'm glad at least someone else here has even an inkling of common sense.

Posted (edited)

You posted a paragraph about how dumb everyone else is. Like, everyone. When you misunderstood his post lol

Just something I've noted. You were saying how you shouldn't need to lump all white culture together, and then you lump all black culture and audiences together.

Here is my reply. If this is all Skyler needed to avoid answering it, then it's all I need too, right?

Demographics are the quantifiable statistics of a given population. Demographics are also used to identify the study of quantifiable subsets within a given population which characterize that population at a specific point in time.

Demography is used widely in public opinion polling and marketing. Commonly examined demographics include genderageethnicity, knowledge of languagesdisabilities, mobility, home ownership, employment status, and even location. Demographic trends describe the historical changes in demographics in a population over time (for example, the average age of a population may increase or decrease over time). Both distributions and trends of values within a demographic variable are of interest. Demographics can be viewed as the essential information about the population of a region and the culture of the people there.

Edited by L.L. Bean's Menswear (see edit history)

Posted

Yeah, totally, comics are just the bestest, right guys? Guys?

Posted

Spider-man needs to check his fictional privilege

Posted

Yes, and that's fine and well. But you seem to object to the notion of a white demographic while in the same breath talk about the black demographic.