The Merry Marvel Marching Society

1978 posts in this topic

Posted

About what? Super heroes?

I just started reading Young Avengers today. Fantastic!

youngavengers2.gif

Posted

Hulkling FTW!!!! Wait till you find out his true origin, it'll split your head wide open!

You should read "Truth: Red, White & Black" so you can learn about Patriot's Grandfather Isaiah Bradley, the Black Captain America.

Posted

He's part Kree part Skrull right? Not that shocking.

Posted

"not that shocking"!!

The Kree and Skrull are the most bitter of enemies. Captain America giving The Red Skull a Tugger is more likely than a Kree/Skrull coupling!

But I'm rambling, so it's now time for:

The (Not) Marvel Comics Showcase!

Today we go down down the rack and check out the first issue of IDW's "Star Trek: The Next Generation/Doctor Who Assimilation 2 (squared)"

*****There Be Spoilers here*****

The story begins on the peaceful planet Delta IV as death rains down from above. As the city burns The Prime Minister is ushered into a transporter pad and is zapped to a secure bunker miles below city level. As Scientists (including a few Federation officers) monitor the invasion they make a starting discovery, The Borg are not alone they seem to be joined by an equally frightening Cybernetic race (Doctor Who's Cybermen). Meanwhile in Ancient Egypt The Doctor and his companions The Ponds (Rory Williams and Amy Pond) race through the streets on a Chariot trying to escape some guards. They make it past thanks to Rory's expert Chariot Driving skills (due to his knowledge from his Roman Centurian days) and the Doctors quick shop stall knocking over (ness).

The group reach the Pharaoh and the Doctor confronts his Vizier who is revealed to be an escaped alien criminal. The Doctor produces a green crystal and sucks the alien up into it.

Back in the TARDIS as they are flying through Time and Space, Rory hads the Doctor the crystal and is bombarded by psychic images of both Cybermen and Borg cooperating. Quickly adjusting the TARDIS controls they emerge in San Francisco February 1941. As they enter a bar they notice things are pretty tame, aside from the Android (Lt. Commander Data) wearing a pinstriped suit talking to a man (Commander Will Riker) and a woman (Doctor Beverly Crusher).

To Be Continued!

When I first heard of this crossover event I was both stoked and a tad hesitant, could the two very different series actually meld together or will it just be a big mess? Now granted there has yet to be an interaction between The Enterprise Crew and The Doctor and his mates but when you read the dialog you actually hear it in your head in Matt Smith's voice, that's how good the writing from The Tipton Brothers (Scott & David) and Tony Lee is. The Artwork is incredible as well, it's like a painting. Something only J.K. Woodward (or Alex Ross) could do.

The thing I like about IDW is their penchant for alternate Cover Art. In fact Issue #1 has 6 different covers (mine is Cover B by David Messina and Giovanna Niro)

If you like Doctor Who and Star Trek TNG (or just one or the other) you should check out this montly series or wait for the inevitable TPB.

Posted

I meant it wasn't shocking because it was obvious that he was half skrull and kree seemed like a likely cliche to match him up with.

he's still really cute though

Posted

A super hero with mysterious half breed origins!

Posted

He isn't black what?

childrens-crusade9-2-croppe.jpg

he's the blond one. Well he's green when he fights but yeah, not black. nope.

Posted

Ew gross a homosex

Posted

That one hit me right in the religion

Posted

day be koot.

Also, they were dating as the series started but they were never shown with more than hand holding or hugging for like 5 years until this kiss, so I've heard. It's kinda weird but I like the subtle-ness.

Posted

Two men kissing! Oh no it's the end of traditional families as we know it!

But seriously Traditional families died in the 60's, Divorce saw to that.

Religion has no place in the modern era, just a bunch of pointless fairy tales meant to comfort the small minded Barbarians who refuse to evolve.

If you couldn't tell, I'm an Atheist.

Posted

I've noticed that, even when there are no Christians around to be offended, atheists like to thump their chests and rub one out anyway.

It's important that you keep telling yourself what you like to hear, Sutekh. Wouldn't want you to accidentally believe a fairytale, or anything. No, rather, continue your riveting discussion on all things real, like Marvel comics. And television.

Posted

There's a difference between belief and suspension of disbelief. A belief is unwavering, even when you are given mountains of evidence to the contrary. If people find comfort in the Bible who am I to judge.

I apologise to any I may have Offended, I was being a total Douchebag Atheist, I hate those guys. The ones who get offended by people saying Merry Christmas or taking out hurtful billboards, that's not me.

The bible says Homosexuality is a sin, but God created Eve from one of Adam's ribs. Sounds kinda Gay if you ask me!

There, now I'm done.

Back to the Marvel Universe...yeah I got nothing.

*slinks away to lick his metaphorical wounds after the Ego punch delivered by Chase*

Posted

What if super heroes turned against each other wow haven't heard that one before

Remember all that about gritty and DC?

Posted

That actually looks fun. Being able to play as Solomon Grundy sounds fun.

But all I can think about is that they're gonna have to make some stupid reason why everyone can suddenly hurt that bastard Superman. Everyone has kryptonite in their costumes. Kryptonite dust is contaminating the air. Lex Luthor laced his breakfast egg mcmuffin with kryptonite that morning.

Something something kryptonite. I hate the shit out of that pattern.