The Merry Marvel Marching Society

1978 posts in this topic

Posted

I just watched a few episodes of Netflix's Daredevil series. Episode two has an insane single take fight sequence that went damn near flawlessly and it was really impressive to watch.

Other things of note:

- Mr. Daredevil is a very handsome man

- Yellow and red

Keep an eye (and ear) out for Marvel Easter eggs they are in every episode.

There's even a subversive Stan Lee cameo

Daredevil-Netflix-Easter-Egg-Stan-Lee-Ca

Who's that in that photo over the shoulder.

Posted

a blurry ben stein?

d6Ifd6C.png

guy's kind of a jerk, i don't know why they'd put him in this movie

Posted

Uatu the watcher

Posted

Stan Lee in the photo.

I previously mentioned the replacements of Captain America in a previous post. I thought that I'd just touch on that a bit further with the next obscure Avenger who became his own costumed Hero.

John Walker aka U.S. Agent.

Captain America embodies all the qualities that makes America great but unfortunately America has kind of fallen from grace after World War 2. The New American ideals gave rise to Cap's antithesis "Super Patriot". This Hero saw the world in clearly defined Black and White and acted as a super powered right wing nutjob (picture a Fox News viewer with super powers). His "Heroic Activities" brought him into conflict with Captain America and the Avengers and he was defeated. 

John retired from costumed heroics and decided to travel the world and actually experience other cultures and ways of life instead of making snap judgments. Years later when Steve Rogers retired as Captain America and assumed the guise of Nomad a more worldly and transformed Walker assumed the abandoned mantle of Captain America. He held it for a while until Rogers returned and that was when Walker became the U.S. Agent. 

As U.S. Agent Walker became a reserve member of the team and aids them when needed.

I personally really like this character and identity with him and his story. This is a fact that I don't like to talk about but I was incredibly close minded and (I wouldn't go so far as Racist) but distrustful of non whites. My Grandfather and my Father are very Bigoted and unfortunately that rubbed off on me. It wasn't until Junior High that I started seeing the cancer of racism and how subjecting kids to it should be considered Child Abuse.

us_agent_by_clayton_crain_by_superman819

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

I've always thought of the possibility of someone being a Laplace's Demon of combat. Like, deterministically determining every possible factor in order to put the biggest slam on someone without being hurt themselves. Since they'd be adhering to physical laws it wouldn't even look like they're doing anything impossible, they'd just be wrecking shit. That's kind of like what Daredevil is. He turns food into whoopass.

Also, I managed to like the scrappy Russian guy. Stuff sucks though.

Posted

It's time once again to delve into the Marvel Multiverse and explore another reality

Today is Earth 982, The MC2 universe.

Imagine a world roughly eighteen years ahead in the 616 timeline and there you have the MC2 universe. In this reality things are quite different. Peter Parker has retired from costumed adventuring after losing an arm in battle. In the interim he and Mary Jane had a daughter they named May after his Aunt. Peter now works forensics for the NYPD and dotes on his daughter and wife.  One day while at school May's latent mutant abilities activate and she freaks out. Later Peter and MJ come clean and tell May that her Father was once Spider-Man, a fact that blows the kids mind. Donning a spare suit and cybernetic arm built by Reed Richards Peter takes May, also in costume to test her abilities. Like her father she has the proportional strength of a Spider, can climb walls and sense danger. Unlike Peter she has organic webshooters (a trait of the Mutant X-Gene) and climbing walls is more difficult. May eventually meets a boy named Normie Osborn (the son of Harry) and they fall in love, he later becomes a heroic version of Green Goblin. 

The MC2 UNiverse was obliterated when Peter Parker made a deal with Mephesto to undo Aunt May's death in the aftermath of Civil War. However Uatu the Watcher saved it in a Pocket Dimension too. 

The reality could possibly merge with the 616 universe in the upcoming secret wars story. A sneak peak of a post war Spider-Man cover showed Peter with Mary Jane and a little red headed child that could possibly be the lost May.

comic-book-heroines-32.jpg

In addition to spider-Girl there are future versions of the Avengers (A-Next) and the Fantastic Four (Fantastic Five)

Posted

So apparently Reed Richards can warp the space around his body so that he appears to be contorting into impossible shapes. I like this a lot more than him just being stretchy.

Posted

So apparently Reed Richards can warp the space around his body so that he appears to be contorting into impossible shapes. I like this a lot more than him just being stretchy.

Is that canonical or from the new Fant4stic movie? 

Posted

I would assume its from the movie. Ultimate reed is an Amoeba, and 616 is stretchy

Posted

The Title of the post Civil War Spider-Man solo film has apparently leaked and it is....

spiderman_new%2Bavenger.jpg

The story details will follow the backlash of Spider-Man's joining the team, a cause headed by Jonah Jameson who bashes the Team for allowing the "Menace" to join them. A similar thing happened when Spider-Man finally joined the team in the comics. 

Posted

The identity of the Kree corpse discovered to be the source of Coulson's resurrection in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D has been revealed. 

agents-of-shield-kree-e1399919688967.png

This is Mar-Vell (Captain Marvel) advanced envoy of the Kreevoid Science Navy. Mar-Vell was sent to Earth to investigate the progress of the Terragenesis program but was killed in an as yet unidentified incident.

captain-marvel.jpg

Posted

Whoa. I guess we'll get some more backstory on what happened to him for the eventual Captain Marvel movie. Interesting how the most interesting parts of Agents of SHIELD are the bits least connected with the main SHIELD storyline/conflict, like this whole Inhumans plot going on.

Posted

Whoa. I guess we'll get some more backstory on what happened to him for the eventual Captain Marvel movie. Interesting how the most interesting parts of Agents of SHIELD are the bits least connected with the main SHIELD storyline/conflict, like this whole Inhumans plot going on.

It seems that Mar-Vell's story involves him appearing on Earth in 1947 as the only survivor of a crashed Kree vessel in a certain famous incident in New Mexico. He lives as a Human named Walter Lawson. His story will be explored in Season two of Agent Carter.

Posted

Oh, didn't expect Peggy Carter to start hanging out with space aliens but that's cool I guess.

Posted

The Kree can shapeshift. Warehouse 13 actor Eddie McClintock portrayed Vin-Tak another member of the Kreevoid Science Navy investigating the Terregin Crystal activation in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

The next Spider-Man has been found folks. Actor Asa Butterfield (Ender's Game) is the frontrunner to play Peter Parker in the joint MCU/Sony collaboration.

Asa-Butterfield-Spider-Man.jpg