The Merry Marvel Marching Society

1978 posts in this topic

Posted

Um, Spider-Gwen. puppying Duh. (Or Miles)

I was talking specifically about Spider-Man, though a Spider-Woman film would be cool but I'd go with Jessica Drew or Julia Carpenter.

Jessica_Drew_%28Earth-616%29_005.jpgspider-woman.jpg

Actress Emily Van Camp will reprise her role of "Agent 13" in Captain America: Civil War, hopefully they will finally reveal that she is Sharon Carter, Peggy's Grand daughter.

Sharon-Carter.jpg

Posted (edited)

Spider-Gwen is still the best Spider-Hero. Speaking of which....

Every Wednesday is traditionally "New Comic Book Day" for every major publisher. Here are this week's new comics I'm excited to read:

Spider-Gwen #4 (What is she gonna do about the Vulture?)

detail.jpg

Uncanny X-Men #35 (The Continued demise of Cyclops' so-called "Mutant Revolution")

detail.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #18 (The end of Parker Industries? Peter will never get his shit together)

detail.jpg

And most Importantly- Secret Wars #1 (It all Ends Starts here)

detail.jpg

I'll tell you guys what I think after I read them. What books are you excited for this week?

Edited by Pizza (see edit history)

Posted

What's Gwenverse Vulture all about? Also, I forget is Uncanny the all female team?

Right now I'm rapidly catching up on Hickman's Marvel tenure in the wake of Secret Wars. Its some good stuff. So naturally I'm excited about that. I'm getting convergence right now, which is meh for reasons I'll elaborate on some other time. But yeah the big thing is all the convergence minis which are all 2 shots from past DC status quo's, basically a chance to give some characters one last glorious hurrah. But the sstff I'm really hype about comes after these 2 events are done. Uncanny inhumans, The New New avengers, Section 8, And its looking like post secret wars that Remender is doing a big X Men project, so I'm hype about that

Posted

Uncanny X-Men is the sister series to All-New X-Men. Both are written by Bendis and are fantastic. Uncanny focuses on Cyclops and his faction of X-Men. The all female team is simply called "X-Men".

The Spider-Gwen Vulture seems to be pretty similar to the Mainstream Vulture. But the real interest in the series at the moment is the Punisher and Daredevil's roles.

Punisher is the new Police Chief, and hates vigilantes, despite also being one himself.

Daredevil is the lawyer of the Kingpin... or is he?

Posted

So what do you think, they undoing One More Day?

Posted

Looks like they are. I started reading after that happened so the retcon, while devastating to many readers, really means nothing to me. On a personal level at least. But it is cool to see that the MC2 universe is still a thing (I'm assuming, based on limited understanding, that the Parker/Watson marriage was the entry point to that reality. Since their daughter is such a key factor to that reality) as seen in Spider-Verse. Although, I guess it no longer is due to the incursions. But the same can be said for every reality at this point. We'll just havta see how Battle World will truly work this fall after Secret Wars wraps up. 

I'm excited for "Renew Your Vows" only because I'm a huge Spider-Man fan. But "Spider-Island" is probably my favorite single arc in all of Marvel that I've read. So obviously I'm a lot more excited to see that continued and re-imagined in Secret Wars.

Posted

The synopsis for Captain America Civil War has been released:

Set for release in the United States on May 6, 2016, Captain America: Civil War is directed by Anthony and Joe Russo (Marvel’sCaptain America: The Winter Soldier, “Community”) from a screenplay by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely (Captain America: The Winter Solider, Marvel’s Captain America: The First Avenger). The film returns Chris Evans as the iconic Super Hero character Steve Rogers/Captain America along with Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man, Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow, Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier, Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson/Falcon, Paul Bettany as The Vision, Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton/Hawkeye, Don Cheadle as Jim Rhodes/War Machine and Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch.

After his debut in Marvel’s Ant-Man on July 17, 2015, Paul Rudd will make his first appearance alongside the Avengers as Scott Lang/Ant-Man in Captain America: Civil War.

The cast of the film also includes Chadwick Boseman (42, Get on Up) as T’Challa/Black Panther, Emily VanCamp (“Revenge”) as Sharon Carter/Agent 13, Daniel Brühl (Inglourious Basterds,Bourne Ultimatum) as Baron Helmut Zemo, Frank Grillo as Brock Rumlow/Crossbones, William Hurt (Marvel’s The Incredible Hulk) as General Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross and Martin Freeman (The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey).

Captain America: Civil War picks up where Avengers: Age of Ultron left off, as Steve Rogers leads the new team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. After anotherinternationalicon1.png incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability and a governing body to determine when to enlist the services of the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers while they try to protect the world from a new and nefarious villain.

Posted

Oh man, you gotta read Kraven's Last Hunt. Its my favorite Spiderman story.

Pizzza and Otis McNutt like this

Posted

I'll check it out for sure!

Posted

Secret Wars #1 Summery

Posted

I very much want this movie to succeed, please don't suck!

Ant-Man-Poster-691x1024.jpg

T1g and pheonix561 like this

Posted

It has been a very profitable year for Marvel, Age of Ultron crushed expectations and Daredevil was a boon on Netflix. In a show of support ABC announced a 3rd season renewal for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and a full second season order for Agent Carter.

Agents_of_S.H.I.E.L.D..jpg

Marvel-Agent-Carter.jpg

Posted

Just saw Age of Ultron. That Vision dude is pretty spiffy, they should give him a movie.

Also why doesn't the Chinese doctor lady put black widow in the tissue regenration machine and un-sterilize her?

HURR IM SMARTER THAN WHEDON

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

This fan made Doctor Strange poster is good enough to be real

doctor_strange_theatrical_poster_by_mesm

Posted

Just saw Age of Ultron. That Vision dude is pretty spiffy, they should give him a movie.

Also why doesn't the Chinese doctor lady put black widow in the tissue regenration machine and un-sterilize her?

HURR IM SMARTER THAN WHEDON

I read that scarlet witch has a nip slip in one scene but it's mostly unnoticeable. HURR WHEDON puppyED UP AGAIN

But I really really hope we get a vision and scarlet witch sex scene in an upcoming movie!!!