The Merry Marvel Marching Society

1978 posts in this topic

Posted

So hang on a second, how exactly does this work? Any of us can read these free comics at any time, as long as its on a mobile device?

Posted

Yes all you need do is download the Marvel Comics app to an Android or Apple device and use the redemption code. As for the codes it's first come, first serve. They are good only once.

Posted

ITS A RACE I have no mobile device

Posted

I just download them illegally lol. Then, if it's part of a series that I'm avidly reading, I'll buy it for collection purposes. I'd like to be able to support Marvel but comics are so gosh darn expensive and i'm poor.

Posted

Speaking of Comics, though in this case not Marvel. Issue #1 of Star Trek The Next Generation/ Doctor Who: Assimilation 2 (squared) hits newsstands this Wednesday. The Doctor's greatest enemies, The Cybermen cross the void and merge with their Star Trek counterparts the Borg and only The Doctor, Amy Pond, Rory Williams and the crew of The Enterprise E can stop these new Cyber-Borg.

Posted

So, I saw the Avengers the other day, finally.

And it's weird, after seeing it my favourite character by far is Bruce. It’s weird because I have never been a fan of the hulk, ever. And its not like I dislike the other heroes, they’re all pretty great, though Cap is probably my favourite after Bruce.But yeah. Bruce. I wasn't rooting for him because of his crowning moment of awesome at the end either. He was my favourite character in the movie before we even see him as the Hulk…All his talk about his repressed anger, the beast within, the FEAR other people have of him, their treatment of him. It all makes me want to go and hug him and tell him it will be ok. I think it was an excellent portrayal of the Hulk, and Bruce made the movie for me.

Posted

I mean, the movie Bruce Banner was pretty cool, but it wasn't an entirely accurate portrayal to me. At all. Like I've said in the past, I absolutely LOVE the Hulk. But I also absolutely HATE Bruce Banner. Talking comic wise, I've always seen Banner as a super mega douche-nagger. He hates the Hulk so much, and it's a bit understandable why, the creature ruined his life. But it's not like Hulk TRIES to squid up. Hulk ultimately has one thing on his mind-- peace. He wants to live and be left alone. Yeah, I get it's tough sharing a body, but does Banner care at all about Hulk, who is a being, a LIVING PERSON? No, he only wants Hulk dead. In the recent Incredible Hulk series (I'm not fully up to date with it), Banner and Hulk separate. Two minds. Two bodies. Hulk goes to live underground in peace forever. Banner has a chance to reconcile with his ex-wife, Betty Ross/Red She-Hulk. What does Banner do instead? Create an island of super gamma monsters to find and kill Hulk!!! WHAT THE squid BANNER??

The movie Banner was cool, totally likable even. However it was not an "excellent portrayal of the Hulk" in my opinion.

Posted

Yeah well like I said, I have never been a fan of the Hulk, never been interested enough in him to read comics involving him. And I probably wouldn't like the comic book hulk if he is the way you describe him. I DO like the movie Hulk/Bruce Banner. I love the movie one. That's why I feel it's a good portrayal. You get me? I am not saying it's an ACCURATE portrayal as much as I'm saying it's the one I prefer.

Posted

Yeah I get you. But you should try Planet Hulk. It's all Hulk, no Banner.

Posted

You thought it was dead, but beware True Belivers because here comes...

The Obscure Character Showcase!!

Wyatt Wingfoot

Wyatt is the son of "Big" Will Wingfoot, the greatest Olympic Decathlon star in American history. Born in the Keewazi Indian Reservation in Oklahoma He left to attend college in New York where he became a roommate with Johnny Storm of The Fantastic Four. While having no powers of his own he is a skilled athlete, marksman, hand-to-hand combatant and tracker and have adventures with the Four, including a mission to Wakanda to help The Four and T'Challa fight Ulysses Klaw who was after the Wakandan Vibranium mine. After many adventures he became a chief in his tribe after his Grandfather's death.

Big Marvel Pictures news Believers of Truth!

A lucky set spy was scoping out the North Carolina set of Iron Man 3 when he spotted a suit of Armor that looked very Patriotic. This Star Spangled Armor looks much like that of Iron Patriot, the codename Norman Osborne (yes THAT Norman Osborne) used when he briefly headed up S.H.I.E.L.D (which he renamed H.A.M.M.E.R) during the 2009 Dark Avengers story arc.

Follow the link below to sneak a peek at Marvel Cinema's Iron Patriot, the pilot of which (seeing as Osborne is busy with Spidey) is anyone's guess.

http://blastr.com/2012/05/first-photos-from-the-iro.php

Posted

I am now imagining all the avengers wearing custom Iron Man armor. That'd be pretty squidding awesome.

Posted

Yeah I saw an article about the Iron Patriot too. I kinda hope it's just a brief cameo instead of rewritting it's origins and stuff. But I'm sure it'll be good either way.

Also, the original color scheme is far superior to this movie version.

Iron_Patriot_4.jpg

Iron-Patriot-in-Iron-Man-3.jpg

Posted

The Iron Patriot looks like something Cap would wear.

If he had no fashion sense.

Posted

As I said the Iron Patriot was Norman Osbourne when he led the Dark Avengers, a team consisting of villains masquerading as Heroes:

Spider-Man: Venom

Wolverine: Daken

Sentry: The Void

Ms. Marvel: Moonstone

Hulk: Skaar

Hawkeye: Bullseye

Captain Marvel: Noh-Varr

Ares: John Aaron

Later the roster changed with:

Gorgon taking over as Wolverine, Decapitator as Spider-Man. Trickshot as Hawkeye and Superia as Ms. Marvel along with new members:

Scarlet Witch: Toxic Doxie

Thor: Ragnarok

Posted

Welcome to a one-off segment I call:

Way to steal Marvel's Thunder DC.

Recently Marvel announced that their longtime Gay character Northstar will marry his significant other Kyle in Astonishing X-Men #51.

Today DC announced that due to the reality warping(ness) of their "New 52" they were retconning one of their oldest characters, original Green Lantern Alan Scott as Homosexual.

This is not the first time this has happened, when Marvel's Northstar (then a member of Canadian hero team Alpha Flight) openly admitted he was gay in 1993 DC quickly introduced their own openly gay character a few months later. He was Obsidian, the Gay son of a pre-retconn and very straight Alan Scott.

Sound off below,