The Merry Marvel Marching Society

1978 posts in this topic

Posted

Finally someone understands the New 52! Especially with this gay thing, everyone I talk to are confused and saying that the Green Lantern (or at the time, a mystery character) was "turning gay" or "coming out" as though the character just changed sexualities. Nobody seems to get that most of the New 52 is a reboot. This means, even though the characters share the same names as before, they aren't the exact same people! Green Lantern in this universe is and has always been gay. He's not "switching sides" or anything. Gosh you were the only one I've talked to that gets that so far!! Even my DC friend was confused. Not to mention, the Wikipedia page for New 52 says that Batgirl has recovered from paralysis. NOPE! She was never paralyzed in this continuity.

Don't even like DC and this annoys me that people don't understand the New 52.

PS- Also, the Original Green Lantern is dumb anyways.

alanscott2.jpg

is not nearly as cool as

Green%20Lanterns.jpg

(Green Lantern is the only DC character I like, but even I don't read him to often)

Posted

I know all about DC and their penchant for retconning. I was around during the first Retcon the "Crisis on Infinite Earths". And if that wasn't enough then there's "Infinite Crisis" and the first "DC 52". The Crisis did a lot of good, it got rid of stagnant characters and boring ass storylines. I mean how many colors of Kryptonite do you really need! And pre-crisis Lex Luthor was just a typical mad scientist type, he's much better as a maniacal Captain of Industry type. So much so that they tried to make Luthor wealthy in Superman Returns, a melding of his Chris Reeve character (based on Pre-crisis Lex) and that of the post-crisis Lex.

On another front because of the retcon "Gayining" At least it explains Alan Scott's long standing weakness to wood. Long, thick and very hard wood.

Posted

Marvel retcons as well.

...Like all of Spiderman...

Posted

Actually Marvel doesn't really retcon all that much, aside from the "Brand New Day".

Posted

Yeah well, Brand New Day and One More Day annoyed me.

Posted

It did start off as a stinker, but with a string of successes like "Spider Island" and "Ends of the Earth" Amazing is in top form. I can't wait for the 50th anniversary multiverse spanning "Spider-Men". Peter Parker and Miles Motales together...sign me up!

Posted

Okay, this is DC but

AlanScottEarth-2.jpg

I really really like Alan Scott's new costume. :>

Posted

Greetings my Marvelous Minions. With the release of Marvel's next big movie "The Amazing Spider-Man" less than a month away, all sorts of tie-in products are coming out of the woodwork.

While grocery shopping today I myself saw several products featuring our favorite wallcrawler.

From Kellogg's comes The Amazing Spider-Man Limited Edition Spider Berry cereal. It has red berry flavored web shaped multigrain pieces and lizard head marshmallows.

Kellogg's also makes "Amazing Spider-Man" Fruit flavored snacks.

over in the candy aisle is The Amazing Spider-Man "Spider Sense" candy spinner. A candy filled plastic tube with Spider-Man's head acting as a stopper. When you push the button on the base a motorized LED tower spins to represent Spider Sense.

Not far away are Spider-Man and Lizard Pez.

Down the paper goods aisle you'll find Spider-Man plastic plates and cups.

Very soon they'll release the Spider-Man books. A Junior reader edition and a full novel for older readers. Their'll also be a Comic Book adaptation. Their also be action figures from Mattel, Lego sets, and plush toys.

Posted

I never understood the spidey sense thing. Yeah I know what it does, but do spiders actually have that or what? Is there an explanation for it? With science?

Posted

I actually bought the cereal Princess, It's not bad. The webs taste like Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries and the Marshmallows taste like...well Marshmallow. I've also pre-ordered the Book from Amazon and the Comics and action figures from TFAW.

And yes Pheo, Spider Sense is rooted in fact. Spiders have millions of thin hairs on their body attached to very sensitive nerve clusters, when something changes in their environment such as barometric pressure a Spider knows something's gonna happen such as rain or wind and they'll seek shelter. Also the hairs can pick up the tiniest vibrations on their web to tell them prey has been caught. The electrical signals in a spiders brain are 15 times faster than that of a human meaning to them time might seem like it's going slow so they have an increased reaction time. Flies are similar, that's why when you try to swat one, it'll fly away before you ever get close.

Posted

Greeting once again my Marvelous Malcontents. After last weeks revealation that Iron Patriot will be making an appearance in Iron Man 3 more details are coming to light from the North Carolina set.

A shutterbug spotted the film crew setting up exterior shots at a nearby office park and witnessed the crew moving something to the front of the building. The object was in fact specially made signage fabricated especially for the movie. It featured a stylised logo for "A.I.M".

For those unfamiliar with the Marvel U, A.I.M or The Advanced Idea Mechanics are a Terrorist organization made up of Scientists that seeks power to topple governments in global conquest. In the Comics they created The Cosmic Cube a powerful sentient object capable of altering reality, their movie counterparts might be trying to build a second Tesseract for the "Board of Directors" (those people on screens in The Avengers possibly?).

I'm hoping we see a reference to or possibly even catch a glimpse of A.I.M's other creation MODOK (Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing).

Posted

a realistic-looking MODOK would be AWESOME

Posted

I don't know much about the marvel universe, but the Iron patriot is supposed to be the green goblin or something, right? Why is it the villains in iron man are always big business CEO guys? Also, the punisher is marvel stuff right? How long until he shows up in an avengers movie?

Posted

We might never see Frank Castle in the Avengers. Just as Spider-Man's rights belong to Sony and X-Men's belong to Fox The Punisher belongs to Lions Gate.

In other Marvel news, for those who watch the Disney XD series "The Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes" the next new episode "Nightmare in Red" will air June 24th. The remaining episodes of the season will be:

Prisoner of War:

It'll focus on what happened to Steve Rogers after he was captured by a Skrull

Infiltration:

The Skrull invasion comes to a head

Secret Invasion:

The Skrull's launch the attack on Earth

Along Came a Spider:

Captain America tries to undo the damage to his image his Skrull imposter inflicted while teaming up with another presumed Menace Spider-Man.

Behold...The Vision:

After the Ultron incident Hank Pym tries to build a different android, The Vision.