Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hyrule.net Renaissance Thread

28 posts in this topic

Posted

I kinda want to help out, but I don't really know what I could do. I am not really that good with LoZ games, even though I really like them.

Even if I could get recording video/audio software, all I would feel comfortable LPing would be SMT games since I am more skilled at those. So I don't think I am of any use. :<

Sorry for being useless :<

Posted

It's okay, Rika. You can contribute anything you want. Even if it's just a news tip because we're all too lazy to read other video game news sites. Anything you can do is fine with me.

If you guys didn't catch my status, I completed the first level in Link's Awakening and wrote a pretty thorough guide up until that point, even detailing enemy damage and health. I also recorded video and audio in the highest quality I could for a video review later. I'll have a more comprehensive video guide with my third playthrough, which we'll hopefully be able to post up on Hyrule.net's Youtube channel. Guides are a lot more complex than I originally thought, but I'll try to tough it out and complete the rest of this thing quickly and efficiently. Until then, I'll try to complete a dungeon a day.

Seems the video messed up for the first seven or so minutes, the audio is desynched after that, and everything is going much faster than it should be overall. Oh well, this isn't the video guide. So it's all good.

I'm going to rearrange and add the forums now.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR COMPLAINTS. Deal with them, for the Motherland.

Sahaqiel

Posted

If I knew how to do it, and if I knew I could do it on a mac, I'd like to do a playthrough of OoT with that metroid mod where you play as samus instead of link throughout the game.

This way I can say I played through the game without actually having played through the game.

Jareddude likes this

Posted

Why are you so hipster

Posted

I feel like I could play through Spirit Tracks and write about it. A let's play, but written instead? I still haven't beaten that game and if I return to it I'll probably start over.

Jareddude likes this

Posted

I vote that Cirt writes a guide for Wind Waker. She has a reason to play through the game and since it will be her first time she'll have a first-timer's perspective on the game and can probably write a more relatable guide or something.

I did not realize that I had been nominated for this until just now, lol.

I could probably do this in July. I will most likely not have a job and my boyfriend and I are going to a 100% playthrough since we'd been on a roll before I left for South America. So hell yeah.

Also if I had the proper equipment I would gladly do a Let's Play. Boyfriend suggested this, since all I do while playing vidya games is make dumb jokes and yell silly profanities. Apparently it's entertaining.

Posted

A contest to see how many times a veteran can play through a console game while you play through it once. Side by side.

Didn't we want to do this months ago, for OoT or MM? I was talking to either Cirt or Kimmy about it. And I still wanna do it.

Posted

now wut

Posted

I don't know how you guys feel about this, but Chimetals and I were discussing potential werewolf games in the future, and it came up that ZD has a significantly better track record in doing werewolf games...and...a lot of other stuff. We wanted to see if in the future, like, for the next werewolf game, we could invite their players over here to play with us...It gives us more players and it also gives these people the opportunity to see Hnet for a bit and they may decide to stick around.

Posted

Stealing members ruuules. But if they're willing to join in order to play Werewolf, I don't see why not.

Posted

I know I just sort of came back out of nowhere, but I've been wanting to start up a series of LP's that are basically Challenge LP's. I'd probably start with 3 Heart Challenging both OoA/OoS in succession. I've done a few test recordings, and I may put those up in a bit here.

Posted

Go for it. As long as you want to do it.

Posted

First two episodes of Let's Challenge OoA are up.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0