Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time General

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Say stuff about The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, the groundbreaking N64 title!

Sheethorded likes this

Posted

For being regarded as one of the most legendary Zelda titles ever created, it makes me sad to see no activity in this thread.

Who else hates the water temple? I mean, holy crap. Right?

Posted

the general discussion threads are kind of a new thing, lol. so I am not sure if people were exactly aware of them right away?

anyway, yeah, water temple's hard. that's almost universally agreed. I am kind of thinking about making a thread JUST discussing the water temple because it is so notorious.

I'm currently doing my first three heart challenge ever, and it's going well. No deaths yet, working on getting all four bottles so I can whore up the fairies. But damn Forest Temple was harder than I remembered :< like, puppying Stalfos. They can snag away one or two hearts depending how they hit you. Seriously irritating.

Posted

I'll tell you a secret.

The only reason people find the Water Temple hard is that damned key underneath the block in the center room. When you raise the water, it shows a cutscene of the block lifting up, but if you're not paying attention or specifically looking for it, you'll miss the hint. And then you'll go around raising and lowering the water in vain, until you finally realize you can go beneath the block.

Other than that, the Water Temple is very straightforward. It definitely appears confusing, I'll give you that, but having gone through it 40 times now (the 40th on OoT 3D!) I can honestly say that it's only tricky if you don't think about it. It's definitely not one to rush in willy nilly and do random stuff. Just develop a pattern. Lower the water, do everything you can on the bottom floor, raise it to medium, get the key from the middle room, raise the water to high, do everything you can on the bottom floor, fight shadow Link, get the longshot, Go back to the bottom floor and do the rooms with the longshot, raise the water to medium and push the blocks across from the center area, raise it to high, use the longshot, win. That's, put simply, the pattern to beating the Water Temple.

Posted

Indeed, it was always that key that got me. Since most of my playthroughs were around 2-3 years apart my younger self never managed to remember where that key was. I haven't had trouble with that temple since I was about 12.

If you copy/paste that on every zelda website ever, you'd be famous. The savior of every OoT player.

Posted

Forgot to mention that my friend and I completed our 3 Heart Challenge of OoT with 0 deaths. Awwww yeah.

I also wanted to mention that we found a glitch to be wary of when you do try to complete a 3HC. puppying Iron Knuckles. If you get caught in the swing of one, the impact will cost you 3 hearts (thus killing you), and if you have a fairy, you will revive and stand up. But the game will glitch and think that due to your position in respect to the Iron Knuckle, you are still being hit by it. Therefore, you will get killed again. This cycle will repeat until you are void of fairies (and proceed to yell several obscenities of how much BS just occurred whilst making your way to push the reset button on the console).

So just be careful kiddies. Make sure you defeat your Iron Knuckles with Bombchus! (it's not lame, it's strategy)

Posted

so ive just been derping around on dA. and came across this persons zelda props :3 they do some sliiiiiiiiiiiiiick work. and so ive just been kainda running around in all the zelda threads, posting the appropriate ones :> another persson even did navi. just thought it was cool, and id share :3

Posted

I've been playing Ocarina of Time 3D lately. Been a while since I played OoT first time on the Collector's Edition disc that came with Wind Waker. Lots about it that I totally forgot, but then surprised there's so much more that I still remember. A lot of things that I never did originally that I might do while playing OoT 3D like collecting gold Skulltulas and completing the mask shop, but then again maybe not.

I'd also totally forgotten about the royal burial place you get to by blowing up their headstone more or less, and then going in to get the Sun's Song or whatever it was. Just happened upon that, and it felt oddly unfamiliar for a game I knew so well up to that point. The zombie things are still as creepy as they ever were, and I'm not sure there's anything in any other Zelda game as unsettling as them. Somehow it's easy to forget about the darker tones in Zelda games found in the Skulltula cursed family and the 'zombie things' as I'm calling them. Also the Stalchildren (?) I remember used to creep me out, years ago before I played the game for myself and I saw someone playing it on their N64.

I'm enjoying my playthrough, and remembering a lot of things about it from years ago.

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

I think the zombie things are called Redeads? I guess that's a play on "undead". lol

Teto likes this