Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure General

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Collaborate on your thoughts for The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure, the mostly cooperative Gamecube title!

Posted

I played this with a friend, who never played any Zelda game before. He loved it. I think it's a good game to introduce your friends to, because you can help them and show them how the game is played while still allowing them to enjoy and play it themselves.

Posted

So how many of you had fun dicking around in the prison level

Posted

FSA wore on me a little bit when I first played it alone. I didn't have enough link cables to play cooperatively, but I always thought the concept was cool for multiplayer. Supposedly, it's Shigeru Miyamoto's greatest disappointment, because not as many people played it. It's a fun time, though.

Posted (edited)

Unfrotunately, I had no choice but to play the game along. I did, however, enjoy every single time I played it (being only three whole continuous sessions right after eachother, so I won't deny a lessened experience each time).

I absolutely loved the multiplayer aspect as well as the adorable graphical style. I really liked the blent of MC & LTTP styles and the textural advances on the tilesets. Of course, accompanied with the design of the onscreen effects (e.g. lights and smoke). I think the style transitioned well from older consoles onto the gamecube.

Edited by Professor Nevara (see edit history)

Posted

I thought the gameplay was really great in general, and it was really fun to change into different formations and use different abilities.

Posted

I just can't get over the fact that this is a 2D Zelda on the gamecube.

Think how cool this game would have been with it's own unique 3D artstyle instead of borrowed sprites from Link to the Past and GBA Four Swords. I don't think it completely ruins the game, but it will always be forgettable to me because of this one thing.

Michael likes this

Posted

I just can't get over the fact that this is a 2D Zelda on the gamecube.

Think how cool this game would have been with it's own unique 3D artstyle instead of borrowed sprites from Link to the Past and GBA Four Swords. I don't think it completely ruins the game, but it will always be forgettable to me because of this one thing.

I bought FSA a long time ago and only played it a little bit. But I always forget I have it, to me it's not that memorable when there is Wind Waker on the gamecube.

Posted

Huh, I actually quite enjoyed the fact that it was a 2D game on the Gamecube. When I first got the game, it was very nostalgic for me seeing as my first console game experience was playing LTTP at my great-aunt's house on their SNES, which they eventually gave to me. Rambling aside, I didn't mind its simplicity; I actually think it worked better with the game's format.

That being said, the main downside to the game, in my opinion, was that you couldn't really fully enjoy it without at least one other person playing. I mean, alone it was still fun. But I probably had the most fun with this game when I was playing it with my younger brother, and we'd just pretty much dick around, attempt to kill Tingle and each other, and take every opportunity to steal each others' guys.

Posted

Keep in mind that they had just re-released Link to the Past with new content for the GBA at this time; making another game that looks like Link to the Past was redundant at best and lazy at worst.