Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker General

20 posts in this topic

Posted

Conduct your discussions on The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, the beautiful contribution to the Gamecube!

Posted

It could have been the best, but the game starts to drag its feet after you hit the point where you have to collect the Triforce of Courage pieces. Yeah I know everyone faults it for that but it really kills the replay value for me and I like Zelda games with good replay value.

Posted

I recently played through Wind Wanaker again, for some reason expecting to be bored when I got to that part. It wasn't nearly as filler-ish or time consuming as I'd remembered it. Wand Wooker's aged really well so far.

maybe I'm just biased because I like good games

Posted

planning to write a walkthrough/playthrough/whatever the squid it is on this

COMING JULY 2012 IN A FORUM NEAR YOU

Posted

YYEEEEEEERRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSUH

def: an aggressive "yes"

Posted

As if I haven't been eagerly awaiting this walkthrough

Posted

is there a way to making the grapple hook easier to use?

i guess i just need lots of practice?

Posted

Wind Waker is one of my favorites. I think I'd play it over Twilight Princess, honestly. Its fluid combat is fun, its battles are epic, its world is rather massive IMO, and its visuals are charming.

That, and I love how you can just explore it, and that there are islands to find everywhere, with stuff to do in between when you're sailing. I remember how fun it always was to blow up other boats or climb a watchtower and take it out.

And the final battle is pure epic.

It could have been the best, but the game starts to drag its feet after you hit the point where you have to collect the Triforce of Courage pieces.

This. It really does. :/ I can deal, but it's kinda harder to do that when Tingle's trying to rip you off every step of the way.

Posted

Wiiiind Waaaaker. <333

I beat this game so many times. 3 hearts, low magic, etc. Got the entire gallery finished too. I can simply keep playing it, and never get bored!

I feel like I'm the only one who absolutely loved getting the eight pieces of the Triforce. While it was a bit tedious at times, it was still so worth it. I also loved the sea exploration. The music, oh goodness. How can you not love it? :)

Especially the part at 0:14...;-;

Don't get me started on the file select or the fairy fountain. *cry*

Posted

Yeah, I agree with Jared. I never found the Triforce Quest to be really /that/ awful! Considering you get the IN-credible chart which shows you where they all are before it actually starts... the only thing that could possibly be hard to figure out is the Ghost Ship part, but I always found that area to be p. neat if extremely short-lived. I enjoyed exploring the ocean anyways. So fun finding new islands to run about on! :>

Nintendo Gallery was a bitch but it's always a nice feeling looking at all your figurines after it's done. Love some of the descriptions they put for some characters, haha. Like the plant boss whose "favourite hobby is eating Makar", etc. WW is such a silly game :3c best Zelda after Majora's Mask.

Posted

While Phantom Hourglass was a good game, Wind Waker definitely deserves a better sequel. Such a pity...

Posted

Wind waker was my 3rd favorite zelda game.

Posted

was?

Posted

anyone know if Cosmowright got sub 5 hours on his speed run last night

I was watching it until he had about an hour left and I realized it was puppying 3am UGH