Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons General

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Warm up some age-old topics about The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons, the dynamic duo of the Zelda series!

Posted

Not going to lie, OoA and OoS probably take the cake as far as handheld zeldas go.

They're both very well developed and really deserve more recognition than they get!

Roc likes this

Posted

I just rebought OoA and OoS at a new pawn store that opened up nearby. Oh the nostalgia! :lust:

Posted

Oracle of Seasons was one of the first games I ever played. It was a bit too hard then but I liked it. It will always have a place in my mind, and childhood. In october 2012, I finally found Oracle of Ages which I'm trying to complete now. Both are really good games but I don't know which of them is best...

PrimaGaga and Knuckle like this

Posted

I'm actually playing through these games right now trying to get all the rings. I've found the best way to play through all the different save files is:

Ages (regular) -> Seasons (secrets file) -> Seasons (hero file) -> Ages (secrets file)

This gives you all the important rings in time for your first secrets playthrough (Rang Ring for Mandahala, Snowshoe ring for Twinrova, etc.), you can collect all the rings by the time you reach your secrets file in Ages (in case you didn't know, the Ring Secret you get in your secrets file of Seasons will carry the rings over to the hero file of Seasons), and makes Twinrova and Ganon less annoying in Ages since you have all the rings and the best gear possible (imo your weapons in Ages are worse overall for combat, seed shooter is slower than the hyper slingshot and roc's feather can't be upgraded to roc's cape for better evasion).

You might be tempted to make your last playthrough in Seasons instead of ages, since you'll have all the rings for Onox, easily the hardest boss in both games. I disagree with this; Onox does not get any easier with the rings you can get in Ages (the only one you'll have from doing an Ages Secrets file first is the Lvl. 3 Armor ring anyway, and you don't want that for Onox), you just have to practice at Onox and bring along the two extra heart containers on the Secrets file to take care of him. And in case you were wondering, the hero file I mentioned is the one you create using the Hero's Password in the same game as the one containing the secrets file.

Posted

never heard of the hero file before, sounds like ill have to go replay those games again.

jeegus, medusa was the worst dungeon boss for me. like, the only one where i caved and busted out the guidebook from my childhood. and that was after hitting her with literally everything i had in my arsenal. everything but a spin attack :<

Posted

Weird. The spin attack is usually the first thing I try on anything. D:

Also, Oracle of Ages and Seasons are actually my favorite top-down Zelda games. I think they deserve all the love they get. :J

PrimaGaga and Professor Nevara like this

Posted

They should remake and revamp these to be similar to PH and ST on the 3DS. Pretty graphics!

Roc likes this