Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass General

14 posts in this topic

Posted

There's no time limit for discussing The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, the seafaring title for the Nintendo DS!

Posted

IT WASN'T THAT BAD

I ENJOYED IT LOTS

Posted

My personal Pros and Cons of the game:

Cons:

-A lot of the game was utterly forgettable to me. I remember the plot and conclusion well enough but not really any of the sidequests or dungeons.

-I do specifically remember that the Temple of the Ocean King was a huge pain in the butt though. Why did we have to crawl through the old parts to get to the new ones? Very repetitive.

-The plot was kind of obtuse. Why is there an ocean king with godlike powers that never gets mentioned until this game when we already have so many of these giant fish lying around (Jabun, The Wind Fish, Jabu-Jabu)? What do those three fairies even do in the game?

Pros:

-Linebeck is in it.

-Oh gosh it's LINEBECK he is SUAVE and COOL

-Linebeck for best Zelda character :D

Posted

i never played WW, so this was nice enough for me. and while the ocean king temple was slow, it was just that much sweeter when you got that final powerup. ggggggg yes.

pros:

--the controls. they were p smooth. and if you did the heros cave in OoS, and did the magic boomerang through the squiggle, youd really appreciate the PH boomerang.

cons:

--too easy. when the fairy is giving you hints that you should shoot the really obvious glowing pustules on the final boss.......

(for the record, i was trying to get around to its back for more shots, but the game decided i was taking too long)

Posted

I liked it, the only thing I hated was when you had to draw the triforce in Temple of the Ocean King but it was impossible to do on my DS for some reason and I could never do it and I always had to get someone else to for me.

Posted

Isn't Linebeck supposed to be hundreds of years old? I thought I read somewhere that he wronged that rival lady of his like a hundred years prior to the game or something.

Also if anybody deserved a spinoff Zelda game it was Linebeck. Tingle is fine too, but seriously, Linebeck next time.

Way_of_Linebeck_doing_things_by_nayruchan.jpg

8036108d7306674a76e3092a8428e2aa-d3des1k.png

Captain_Linebeck_by_JoeAdok.jpg

Et Cetera

Posted

I have the opposite opinion of Necoco on this one. I felt the controls were terrible when compared to an analog stick and buttons. That said, it did make for some interesting puzzles. One particular puzzle involving the dual screens was ingenious. Hopefully a 3DS Zelda will perfect handheld Zelda, since it has a circlepad for moving, buttons for using items, and a touchscreen for inventory management and possible puzzle use.

Posted

I bought Phantom Hourglass on the day it was released in Europe. I played Wind Waker before so... I really liked it. And Linebeck was one of the best Zelda characters ever. Because of him, I call Phantom Hourglass "The Legend of Linebeck".

Posted

When we refer to the legend of zelda timeline we should just start labeling things as "B.L." or "A.L.," Before Linebeck and After Linebeck respectively, seeing as how he's the most important character in the game.

What with the news of the Windwaker Wii U remake coming out, what do you suppose the chances are that any extra content they add includes easter eggs for things like Phantom Hourglass? By which I mean, having Linebeck make a cameo. That's what I'm getting at. I want a Linebeck Cameo. Even if it's just, like, sailing to the farthest edge of one of the corners of the map and pulling out your telescope at just the right time to see his boat or some shit. I want that.

Posted

I thought Bucha was the only character in the series.

323px-Bucha.png

Posted

It can't be Bucha only because he's in the very first game and so everything would just be "A.B."

Posted

Well apparently everything before ST is "BL".

shout out to chimetals

Posted

BT and AT

Tingle.

Posted

Well apparently everything before ST is "BL".

shout out to chimetals

my secret identity as BL sensei has been leaked!