The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks General

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Fuel your think tanks and discuss The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, the game that knows tracks, but no bounds!

Posted

Spirit Tracks was a great game, with a great story !I don't know why everyone says it sucks. The overworld theme was gold. :D

Posted

Yeah, people who say it sucks are mostly the same kind of people who didn't like Wind Waker. Lame people lol.

Posted

Losers

Posted

I finished the game with the skull train. Can't help but wonder how the hylians felt about that, what with their hero piloting a giant skull thing. I would have done the dragon but I didn't get all the pieces in time for that.

Skull_Train.png

(The fact that games like these work so well in low poly almost makes me want to make balderdash a handheld game, but that's another discussion entirely)

I think my most memorable moment in this game was when you're taking the train across the ocean and you're suddenly boarded by pirates, so you're fighting these really big guys inside your passenger car. Moments like that in zelda games are fun for me.

Jareddude likes this

Posted

Delicious cake-themed train, my baby <3

Dessert_%28Train_Set%29.png

I think the best thing about Spirit Tracks for me was how Zelda actually travelled around with you and was generally useful instead of just WOOPS KIDNAPPED, fitting for the eponymous character lol. The final boss with both Link and Zelda was just so wonderful. eeeee such a good game.

Posted

"Tetra I need your power!" That was pretty cool. So was the big ol' fiery boss guy coming out of the lava that you rode around with your arrows to kill.

How many of you did the boss rush? The secret boss at the end was a cool surprise, but it was also disappointingly easy for me. I killed him really quickly.

Jareddude likes this

Posted

I got the Dragon train. it's so awesome. :3

I killed the last boss in the boss rush. He was fun! :D

Posted

The overworld theme was gold. :D

oh gawd yesyeysyesyeysyes.

as much of an idiot it makes me seem for ssaying this, in the right mood, id blow my whistle in time to the music. like, there was just this part that screamed "double whistle now!" at me, so if i wasnt shooting anything, and was just passing the time, id blow that sucker happily.

I finished the game with the skull train. Can't help but wonder how the hylians felt about that, what with their hero piloting a giant skull thing. I would have done the dragon but I didn't get all the pieces in time for that.

I think my most memorable moment in this game was when you're taking the train across the ocean and you're suddenly boarded by pirates, so you're fighting these really big guys inside your passenger car. Moments like that in zelda games are fun for me.

as soon as i saw there was a dragon train, i was all over that sucker. ran the final boss and such with it. puppy the gold train and its eight hearts, dragons for me. and yeshhhhhh those moments. omg.

I think the best thing about Spirit Tracks for me was how Zelda actually travelled around with you and was generally useful instead of just WOOPS KIDNAPPED, fitting for the eponymous character lol. The final boss with both Link and Zelda was just so wonderful. eeeee such a good game.

gggggggggg yes.

How many of you did the boss rush? The secret boss at the end was a cool surprise, but it was also disappointingly easy for me. I killed him really quickly.

yeah, same feeling there.

urghhhhhhh i wanna go play these two again. i wasnt thrilled about the tracks initially since the controls didnt come naturally at first, and when it came to bosses, i couldnt just pull down the chart and draw circles around them repeatedly like i did in PH. and there were a couple fights where you had to control zelda and link while both were in danger, and just....the controls clunked out, but the fight was so bloody easy, it was doable. but for those fights, it just felt like my zelda handheld skills suddenly became......a train wreck.

Posted

I really wanted to play this one. How good would y'all say it really is? i don't wanna read much in the thread, for fear of spoilers.

Posted

jumping in here rather than continuing to derail other things :3

definitely looking forward to a 3ds zelda now, though im still worried about how theyre gonna use the top screen, given how much nintendo loves its 3d. id love to try the co-op bosses again, with a better movement system, but i dont want them to rip off the main idea that led to the double bosses.