New Majora's Mask game?

12 posts in this topic

Posted

What if there was a new Majora's Mask that had adult link? He returns to kokiri forest and in the future everyone still recognizes him. That would be kinda strange but cool. Either way though, ganon and a NEW villain, Majora, try reviving the mask to have Majora gain the power he lost.

Posted

I don't know if that exact plot is too plausible, or how it would fit in with the Zelda storyline, but I think a Majora's Mask sequel is a possibility, probably for the 3DS. When they released OoT3D, lots of people started suggesting a Majora's Mask remake, which could have just about reminded Nintendo that people actually liked that game (Aonuma's expressed interest in a remake, too). Since it's pretty safe to assume that there's probably been a new Zelda in production for the 3DS, who's to say it can't be a sequel?

either that or an Oracle-style double release

Posted

or a remake, and THEN a sequel.

gawd, ive wanted to play MM for so long.....but i never get the controller time for it :<

at this rate, i should start a derpalicious "chimetals plays classic zelda games" thread. p sure zelda fans would get a nice laugh out of some of my reactions to games/dungeons/enemies, and maybe some of my foul-mouthed trash-talking.

eg, 7 year jump in OoT:

"WHY ARE THERE REDEADS EVERYWHERE WHAT IS THIS NO WHY"

;n;

Posted

I'm not sure if I'd want a MM sequel because I thought the ending pretty much cleared up every character's story arc so a continuation is difficult to imagine for me, but oh god a remake for the 3DS would be glorious. A portable Majora's Mask that I can take anywhere? yes plz <3 really hope they do it! I think it'd be profitable, anyways. o nintendo fans

Posted

Well, maybe so to the OOT with ganon working with majora, but at least it is a thought. This could actually be something to talk about because I love the old N64 games and I always wondered if they would make a game with Majora instead of his/her mask. Wouldn't you guys wonder who Majora is anyway? Could it be some twisted demon or deity that plots to revive his/her mask? So many questions can comply with this.

Posted

The concept of Majora and Ganon working together sounds really fan fictiony at best. Majora is probably female, also.

If you check out the Stone Tower of Babel theory, it's also highly possible that Majora wasn't ever really a physical being is pretty unlikely, and if it was, it didn't really matter.

The gap in between Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker is a mysterious time that's often wondered about, because it was one of the only times that Hyrule was conquered by evil, causing the Goddesses to actually react. So yeah, I would like something that details what happens in between those two points, but it was pretty clear that Ganondorf was the villain that caused it to happen, and that was in a wholly different timeline from Majora's Mask anyway. As far as chronology is concerned, Link may have never returned to Hyrule from Termina, and Twilight Princess is the sequel.

An original villain is always good though. The games with original villains tend to be pretty amazing too.

Sahaqiel

Posted

The concept of Majora and Ganon working together sounds really fan fictiony at best. Majora is probably female, also.

Do you ship it?

Posted

Ok then Mr. Sahaqiel. I just played Majora's Mask recently(although I have played both gcn and n64 version in my past years). The Stone Tower of Babel, The Tetraforce, and the other zelda theories are just theoretical. For all we know, the being of Majora would be just evil energy regaining power that link destroyed inside of the moon. If you think about the ending of the game, the happy mask salesman says the evil in the mask has VANISHED. Where did it go? Did Majora flee at the last second regaining power to plot revenge against the destroyer of his/her power? This mystery could be a well based topic.

Posted

It could be interesting but all of this is hypothetical at best.

I'd prefer to see a remake over a sequel, BUT it would be interesting to see a sequel, but like Cascade said, I liked how MM ended.

Posted

i believe the idea of a sequel would be a good idea but a remake would be best i mean majoras mask was a good game by itself who needs a sequel

Posted

I don't think they should make a sequel. As much as I loved Majora's Mask, I think it should stay on it's own. If there is a sequel, Ganon/Ganondorf shouldn't be involved. This is Termina, not Hyrule, what I really liked about Majora's Mask is that it was unique with a fresh villain and storyline. Ganon and Vaati didn't exactly work out so well in 4 Swords in my opinion because Vaati was basically a pawn in Ganon's game. Majora is suppose to be a godlike creature, and having Ganon/Ganondorf working with it, wouldn't work to me, because I know the creators would make Majora look weaker.

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

A sequel I couldn't see becoming as wildly successful as Majora's Mask was. I mean, it really wasn't the sort of title that had much of an aperture for a continuance. A remastering is definitely speculative, hell, it has been for some time now. What would be cool is if the game were remastered with an increase in exploration. I'd like to see Clock Town with a more bustling community and almost metropolis-esque. A wider Termina Field too... the dungeons are fine the way they are. The Great Bay temple had bested me too many times in the past.