Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

101 SNES Games (The White List)

42 posts in this topic

Posted

Guys, tell me why or at least a little about each game. Screenshots, videos, anything.

It depends on what you think "best" means. Does it mean the most fun, the most groundbreaking, the most influential, the most well-crafted? Let's get a system going. Let's rate individual games according to these, and other criteria.

That kinda defeats the point as well. These factors are all important, we don't need a scale. Just lay down a convincing argument for me to lay down money on a game.

Posted

Hey man I'm just saying if I knew any good SNES games that you didn't I'd post them.

Posted

I'll make a good argument for every single game on my list if you'll agree to read and discuss every one of them.

Posted

Of course, that's the point of the thread.

@Pheo suggest Starfox 2

Posted

Man I haven't even played starfox 2 i just played the ds game that was basically starfox 2

Posted

Suggest something you think is obvious.

Posted

Mario Is Missing

Posted

Geography is very important, Sahaqiel.

You should've suggested Mario's Time Machine which is at least marginally enjoyable.

Posted

Okay, should I just make my own list and have people tell me my picks are good or bad? It seems like people aren't really into this idea.

Posted

It's not that I'm not into this idea, it's that I honestly do not even know that many SNES games. What I do know is that my great aunt has a copy of wheel of fortune for SNES. So add that to the list.

Posted

Is it any good?

Posted

I don't even know. Yes.

Posted

Someone has bought exactly 101 SNES games before? :P

Personally I think picking the 101 games that are actually worthwhile to own is a cool idea. But mostly I'm hearing "this game and this and this are good, add them," which doesn't give me much to work with.

Posted

It's not that I don't care about this, because I do. I just have literally no idea what games to suggest other than starfox 2 and wheel of fortune. Chase knew a whole lot of games to post. You're not exactly looking to the best qualified people for material.

Posted

But the point isn't posting a list of games :(

I want someone to have something passionate to say about a game they really enjoy and make a case for it being worth owning.

Take Chrono Trigger as an example. It's good. Is it worth a spot?

Chrono Trigger was developed by a dream team, three celebrated Japanese devs at the head of a project to cap off Square's SNES life cycle. And it shows. Chrono Trigger is an ambitious game, with an excellent battle system, a solid plot with deep, entertaining characterization, a gorgeous score, very nice graphics, and a multitude of endings. Negatively, the English translation is a bit lacking, because words were at somewhat of a premium. But that was true of a lot of RPGs on the SNES. More importantly, it's in keeping with the character of the game. In my opinion it's the best RPG on the console, and overall this is a game I think everyone with a SNES should own.

Some discussion questions:

- Does anyone disagree with my thoughts on Chrono Trigger? For example, in 101 games, is there enough room for it in lieu of what you think are better games that would make better use of the room?

- Do sequels merit full inclusion of the series, i.e. Mega Man X, Donkey Kong Country?

- Should the 101 include any sports games? I've heard NHL 94 is well-loved.