Majora's Mask 3D

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Operation moonfall is a go

Michael likes this

Posted

i heard majoras mask is gonna be released in autumn 2013 due operation moonfall nintendo got enough support from fans like they requested and programing a game takes them usualy about 1 and half-2 years so its sure in 2013

Posted

Do you have any proof on that? Can you site an article that suggests autumn 2013? Or at least anything that says it's actually being made at all?

Posted

Programming it isn't an huge issue actually. Since all they are really doing is porting it and changing the controls side of it and updating the graphics. The Core of the game is TECHNICALLY done, all they would be doing is fixing, updating, tweaking, and making it work with the 3DS. Probably wouldn't take more than 9 Months, SINCE Majora's Mask was Started and FINISHED within a Year originally, since it used the OoT Framework.

Now, I've not heard one peep about it actually getting released cuz of Moonfall. So You might wanna go get a source if you can.

Posted

Programming it isn't an huge issue actually. Since all they are really doing is porting it and changing the controls side of it and updating the graphics. The Core of the game is TECHNICALLY done, all they would be doing is fixing, updating, tweaking, and making it work with the 3DS. Probably wouldn't take more than 9 Months, SINCE Majora's Mask was Started and FINISHED within a Year originally, since it used the OoT Framework.

Now, I've not heard one peep about it actually getting released cuz of Moonfall. So You might wanna go get a source if you can.

Porting can be a bit tricky sometimes, is what a lot of people don't realize. Expensive as well, though with Nintendo's money and potential buyer market as well as the fact that MM would be relatively inexpensive due to lacking real voice-acting, they'd easily profit. Main expense would likely be additional programming and revamping the graphics.

I wouldn't be surprised if they hold off and make it a re-release for Wii-U instead.

Posted

I figured it was an imminent thing, both of the N64 giants being remastered for its massive fanbase. Majora's Mask should totally be remade for the 3DS. It would be a snap for Nintendo and if it were to be released this December 18th, 2012 would also be an amazing aspect. Give the player 3 days to complete the game before December 21st, and if the Earth does implode or its gravitational balance is altered, then you can at least be happy knowing that you completed Majora's Mask within three days time. ^__^

Posted

I personally think that it will be done. First off, Grezzo already has most of the resources done. On top of that, they are in the position to do it and let Nintendo worry about the new titles. Besides, they have yet to keep OOT and MM seperated. Every system(save 3DS so far) that OOT is playable on, so is MM.

Posted (edited)

It'll likely happen. Startups like Operation Moonfall will help Nintendo determine just how quickly they need to do it, but given the success of Ocarina of Time 3D and the fact that Nintendo is -very- dedicated to not only fan service, but re-releasing their old titles onto new platforms, I don't think it would be unreasonable to assume it's announcement in the future.

Not only that, but to touch on the porting issue, given they already finished Ocarina of Time 3D, they'll have a lot of experience with not only the issues with porting a N64 Zelda game onto a 3DS, but a lot of their assets are done as well. Don't forget a lot of the 3D models they remade for Ocarina of Time 3D don't really have to change much, or at all for Majora's Mask, and that's another little incentive too.

The only problem is prioritizing it with other projects and trying to figure out what's most important. You probably won't see remakes like these come out so quickly anymore as Nintendo focuses on WiiU titles.

Edited by DistortedShadow (see edit history)

Posted

Well with OoT already done for the 3Ds, I wouldn't be surprised if this followed behind. I imagine it'd be nice on the WiiU too, but it might be a bit awkward considering OoT isn't on there.

Posted

I hope we get a remake this year. I wouldn't be suprise is hear news anout it soon.

Posted

I wouldn't be suprise is hear news anout it soon.

i would