Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Nintendo Pre-E3 Press Conference [Minute to Minute Coverage!]

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Nintendo's giving us a little sneak peek in regards to the Wii U. If you misssed it, be sure to watch the video below!

[media=]

I wrote down the general idea of each minute and occasionally my own thoughts. Hopefully this is a good glanceover for those of you that missed it and don't want to watch it. If you have any questions, please post hem in the thread!

5:03: Alone Together. People use electronics in the same room but don't interact with each other.

5:04 Wii U Gamepad is official name of the tablet.

5:05 Analog Sticks instead of Circlepads

5:06 Clickable sticks! Call of Duty Wii U here we come!

5:06 Redesigned for more comfort

5:06 NFC reader. and TV button which lets you control the television.

5:07 He's talking about the two screens and how they are different than anything that's come before. They'll show us more at e3

5:08 Gamepad is a touchscreen. Still talking about how the two screens makes it unique. Wii U Gamepad also senses movement with the gyro. And better graphics.

5:09 You can play on the Gamepad while people use the television.

5:10 No delay between tv and screen. All previous Wii controllers work with Wii U. There is a new Pro controller that looks like an Xbox 360 controller. (Will probably be 1 person Tablet and everyone else new Pro controller for games like COD)

5:11 He's talking about playing together as a family on Wii. Wii U is better, apparently.

5:12 Wii U connects people everywhere.

5:13-5:16 Wii U commercial. Hipster playing zombie game. Showing online boards using Wii U to give him advice on the boss. Activity feed on iphone does the same thing. Friend calls and gives him advice. Doesn't need friend's advice. Friend turns creeperish. Still having trouble with boss. He's calling an online old man using the Wii U video conferencing to help him. He beats the zombie boss. "Together Wii U"

5:17-5:20"A little different" lol. Wii U menu that connects with people around the world. Mii Wara Wara. Your Mii, Friends Miis, Miis in your country, and Miis on your console are all available. Everyone is connected and can play/talk together. You can see games people are playing most around the world. Mii characters gather around the games. Wii U Gamepad and tv are interchangeable. The Miiverse. Miis from around the world can meet and connect. It is native to Wii U just like the Gamepad. It can be used without terminating your gameplay.

5:20-5:23 Touchpad will let people type and write simple. It will help communication with handwritten notes. You can write on the boards to get help in games. Miiverse can interact with all games. It can show you messages from other people while you play that may help you. They will try to prevent spoilers. They want more empathy between players. They consider the Wii U Gamepad screen a social window.

5:24 Pretty much cross-game chat, Nintendo version. Miiverse lets you talk and write with others, regardless of game, space, or time. The same works for the smartphone apps, your PC, your 3DS, or any other mobile device.

5:25 Miiverse will work with all future Nintendo devices, plus 3DS.

5:26 Change relationships. Family and game machine. Machine and tv. Wii U makes it better. Video chat while you pause the game. Internet browser you can share with others in the living room. Slide up on the Gamepad screen and it shows on the television.

5:27-5:29 Browsing becomes entertainment. Talking about Miyamoto. "A great idea solves multiple problems at the same time."-Miyamoto. Wii U is designed to address multiple problems with Wii. It solves Alone Together. More sharing laughs and empathy. Connection to your homes and friends. Wii introduced new time together. Wii U is now together, better. Wiiverse can connect you with others everywhere. You won't be alone. Wii U remains true to the promise of uniqueness.

5:30 Busy week ahead. They will continue to focus on Wii U. But don't worry, they also have a lot of news about 3DS in other upcoming opportunities. He's going to tweet on Nintendo's e3 account. He says goodbye and thanks again.

Jareddude and Sahaqiel like this

Posted

Apparently, a large number of people's bodies are ready.

Arachne likes this

Posted

NO.

NO.

TIME ZONES, squid YOU.

Posted

8 minutes, Ammonsa.

Posted

I have school in 4.

Posted

It's much cheaper than most touch devices of today. The one thing it has going for it is it's attached to both the television and the console. The iPad can only attach to the television through Apple TV, but there is no console. You can't play Call of Duty with your iPad, but you can with your Wii U Gamepad.

Posted

I just don't like that it's not multi-touch. I mean this might be outdated data. But it still says to me that they can't compete with what is expected of almost every touch device as of today.

The problem with multi-touch screens is that they're mostly, if not always, capacitive. I don't know if any resistive multi-touch screens even exist, but I know that if they do exist they must be pretty darn expensive.

Posted

Something probably overseen is we might actually see this launch in black or white.

post-2209-0-11648100-1338783979_thumb.jp

Posted

Which is awesome. Black all the way.

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

I propose that the "Wii U Gamepad" be officially shortened to "uPad".