Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New Nintendo Pro Controllers; Miiverse; Wii U Tablet Redesign

4 posts in this topic

Posted

nincontroller-610x3432.jpg

During Nintendo's Pre-E3 conference, Iwata let us know that the Wii U will have new Pro controllers. Kind of resembles a controller most of us already know and love, doesn't it? Regardless, this is welcome news. I am assuming this allows for a 4 player game with 1 tablet and 3 Pro controllers. It also might be more comfortable to play certain games (Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, etc) with this controller. We will just have to wait and see.

Also announced was Nintendo's new venture into the online territiory. Dubbed "Miiverse," it allows all of us to interact with each other through a cross-game chat. You can access online message boards that everyone is connected to that allow others to help you with your game. You can see what other games people are playing, you can video conference during gaming, and you can even access the Miiverse from smartphones and your 3DS. More information will most likely be revealed at E3.

wiiureaderpic1-610x3431.jpg

And finally, the Wii U Gamepad (the new official name) has seen a redesign. Most notably are the two analogue sticks that replace the circlepads on the original model. Comfort grips have been added to the back, and there is a new NFC Reader/Writer on the front. There is also a television button which allows you to control your television with the Gamepad.

All in all, quite a few awesome announcements from Nintendo for a Pre-E3 conference. I'm excited to see what they have for us next!

Jareddude, pheonix561 and Sahaqiel like this

Posted

Minor correction: "Wiiverse" should be "Miiverse".

Also from the conference:

[media=]

Posted

Noted and changed.

Posted

Seems like they address a lot of the issues people were having with the wiiu right off the bat. Good to see. I'm waiting for games that will take advantage of one player having a tablet while three players have controllers. One player would obviously be the odd one out, so maybe a game that puts him in charge of the other three players in some way? Or a threat to them. Or something. I wonder how that will play into pikmin 3 and multiplayer.

Also I thought the skit would but dumb but then it was funny with the grandpa