Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Zombie Apocolypse

23 posts in this topic

Posted

You just heard the news on the TV.

Humans (that bath-salts guy in Miami especially) going around munching on other people's faces and flesh (It's the fast running super infectious 28-Days Later kind of zombies).

What would you do?

(I'll hold off on my plan until later.)

Posted

Well, there's a lot of factors in this. Am I alone? If not, how many are with me? What season is it? Am I sick or injured? Am I stocked up on ammunition? Do I have enough preserved food or will I have to go out?

Let's say, best case scenario. My family is dead, I'm alone with some hot chick who happens to kick ass with a shotgun, and a box full of condoms.

I'm just squidding.

Nah, I'd probably make my way to Country Mart because it's close to my house and is smaller than Wal Mart and stock up on all the food I could. Then I'd grab the ladder from the garage and knock out the stairs to my bedroom. Zombies can't climb ladders and I can always pull the ladder up if I'm worried about it. I'm pretty sure we've got a lot of hunting ammo downstairs, so it's just a matter of loading the 12 gauge and shooting. Though I wouldn't use the gun unless I had to, due to the loud noise attracting zombies. If my family is alive, great, that means company. But it also means that food is going to be a problem. Might have to build an electric fence around the house. This is assuming the zombies will be mostly quiet during the day. I also live in a town of around 65,000 people, so I don't think I'd have nearly the problem of someone in, say, New York City. I wouldn't move till I had to, but the next best thing to where I'm at is a small town or a farm. I don't care about meeting up with the rest of the world. People have survived as nomads before and I'd be content to live out the rest of my days traveling to small towns and surviving with any families left.

Posted

Grab whatever could be used as a weapon, gather the family into the car. First stop, hardware store. Improvised weapons galore, plus protective gear to cover the eyes and mouth. Next stop, Dick's Sporting Goods. Grab enough guns and ammo and bring 'em back to the car. Final stop, Sam's Club. Barricade the doors and kill every zombie inside. Wait out the zombie apocalypse with excellent shelter, plentiful food and water, big-screen televisions and video games.

That's my plan. If the zombies truly are like 28-Days Later zombies then they will die out due to starvation after a month or two.

Posted

Believe it or not I've actually thought long and hard about this.

The first things you need are food and water so get that. Anything with starch (instant potatoes, Pancake mix, heck even simple flour) get Vegetable oil as well a canned chicken and tuna. People need 50,000 calories a day to function so the tuna (in oil, make sure it's in oil) will be good.

Bottled water or a water purification pitcher.

I collect guns and keep them in perfect working order, as well as Ammo (in a fireproof safe) so that'll help out.

In highschool for a home economics assignment I designed a protective suit to wear in case of a zombie outbreak (I got a B-). It included a long undershirt, and overshirt of thick plastic plus a top shirt with padded scales, Elbow pads. Pants with shin guards and knee pads. Hiking boots, and I'd top it off with football pads and a riot helmet.

Posted

Visiting any major retailer store would be a problem. That idea isn't exactly original, and there are probably going to be a few nut-jobs with guns there. (If you do go, don't do the obvious thing and head to the grocery isle. Go to the very back of the store where all the loading trucks are.

I would head to a gas station and gather what I need. Then I would probably get my family together. A few friends, and anyone we could find on the way (that looks trustable/useful) then head out to the town's storage hub, where they stock up huge warehouses to get ready to be shipped individually to stores.

And get a crowbar/hatchet/etc. that is not only just a weapon, but a tool. Never take any stupid stuff like samurai swords or katanas. A baseball bat is questionable, but they can be found almost everywhere. Crowbar would be my choice. Light, good for swinging, and best part? It can be used for boarding up places, as well as taking out nails to de-board them. Also good for prying things open, like doors or debris.

I would probably carry around a duffelbag with my crowbar. Having an M9 pistol (I have little firearms experience, although if I ever found a book on how to handle one and clean, it doesn't sound like it should be too hard) and a few clips of ammo around a belt or bandolier. In my duffelbag, I would have an extra change of clothes, a blanket and small pillow, a few emotionally-attached items (like photos), and the rest would be food, utensils, and what I would need to prepare them. A medical kit, or at least a few bandages, peroxide, and Tylonol, would be useful.

Sutekh is right. Any non-perishable food is a good-go.

I've ran Track and Cross Country for a few years. My cardio is in good shape.

If I can, I would get a truck. Simple auto-gear shift and have all my supplies in the back. Of course, I can easily operate it, and I'm supposed to be getting my learners license in a couple of weeks.

I would wear really tight clothing. Some leather, mabye. I don't know whether to go with boots for their durability or tennis shoes for their mobility. Probably combat boots.

-Gamechanger-

Someone you love would get hurt. What do? And what would you do if they got bit?

(If you still haven't mentioned your plan, go ahead.)

Posted

Um...I'd probably die.

I don't know, I don't think I could handle living in that kind of world and having to kill.

Posted

Honestly, I'd still probably try to save them even if they did get bitten. Because, let's be honest, "zombies" or no this is your family. It's easy to sit back and say "yeah, I'd shoot them in the head. Everyone who doesn't is stupid" but the more I think about it, the more I think I'd be like Herschel in The Walking Dead. Gather them up, put them in a barn, and hope to God that something changes.

Posted

Don't kill yourself! At least go down fighting. Probably a self-sacrfice to save other people at least.

And I think I'd react the same way. If I couldn't just round them up in one location, I'd put them down (it would be hardest thing to do in my life, though), but it would happen, sooner or later, with whatever method happens. I don't know man, I wouldn't want to see them in that kind of mindless pain. And again, they aren't your family/friends anymore. Those moved on. Now it's just the virus in the shell of your former loved ones.

But then again, if there was a virus ever discovered, I'd end up in super depression, more than I would've already have, if I killed them with there being a hope of a reverse.

And I don't think that anyone, besides idiots or kids that play COD 24/7 and thinkt they're badass cold-blooded killers, would honestly say that they would kill anyone like that without breaking down. I know I would, and most of you here too. :S

lol So say everyone in the community would be in a mall or on a farm, what would we do? I would probably go out and scavenge with Chase and LL, and get supplies from towns and survivors, then haul them back to our HQ. Or go on zombie-killing squads. :P (Unless you guys do something differently. But LL, you have no say-so. You're helping me. :D )

Posted

I will be the god of the new world

Posted

Shut up you both, it's obvious that I should be the new god.

Posted

alright, lets check my odds first:

things needed in the zombie apaocolypse:

--athletic ability (strength/running)--total lack of, here. iffy on the strength, but i wouldnt be able to wrestle off a zombie, and ive been on college food for a while, so my previously shitty endourance is even worse now.

--ability to handle a gun--even if its 28 days later, where a headshot isnt a must, i have no gun experience. my aim is shite. even in a FPS i have iffy aim at best, no ability to spot things that need shooting, and i panic-spray at mid to close ranges. moreover, there isnt really anyone in my area with experience, guns, or a defendable house within a decent range.

--a base/fortress--my house would be ok for this, maybe. see, im up in a nice, wooded area, somewhat isolated, in a smal town, and while the street and nearby houses arent too far from my driveway, said driveway is about a 60 degree incline, so maybe that would discourage the infected, if im lucky. even so, barracade at the top, possibly using the cars. cars=noise=zombies, though, so only in the early stages of the infection. we could probably remove the porch to my house, and while its only two and a half feet or so high (aka, the distance from the front door to the ground) that could help.....hopefully. theres still plenty of windows in the living room and two sliding glass doors in my basement, but my dad has the scrap wood and tools to board those, and everything else easily accessible up.

--food and water--weve got several toilets and two bathtubs in my house, so water for a while, though i think we have some stocked up as well. if we have gallons of milk, well drink through those in a couple of days, and can refill those with water as well. as for food, we have a bunch of canned goods in the basement, and more bread-based things in a closet upstairs. we also have a third floor, with the only access being the roof or stairs, the latter of which can be destroyed and replaced with a ladder.

--weapons--i have CBs metal baseball bat in my room, and my brother has a compund bow or two in his closet. if we tie strings to them, we might even be able to get the arrows back, idk. nice and quiet, too, so no noise level there.

so i guess i might have something resembling a chance, provided i dont have to fight or relocate. so i could survive to some extent, but otherwise i still might just off myself to avoid worse pain, or wind up being the ipod guy in colin.

Posted

I think your house would be your strong point. If you have upstairs at all, you should see about getting the stairs that lead up removed and use them as additional wood for boarding things up. Then you can make a ladder up that can be pulled up to prevent them from getting up there if they end up getting in your house.

So, in case you do have to, how would you get out of there? Take supplies, others, and zombies into consideration.

And do you think you should be the new god? :D (loljk I'm the new god yay)

Posted

I think your house would be your strong point. If you have upstairs at all, you should see about getting the stairs that lead up removed and use them as additional wood for boarding things up. Then you can make a ladder up that can be pulled up to prevent them from getting up there if they end up getting in your house.

So my advice is pretty sound I take it.

Posted

So, in case you do have to, how would you get out of there? Take supplies, others, and zombies into consideration.

the upper floor has a window that opens up onto the roof. so if the floor is crowded, we can hypothetically go out there.........but if the lower floor has been overtaken, the outside probably is as well. and its a nice big f*cking drop from the roof. at least a twisted ankle. as for trying to escape..... by that point, theres gonna be wreckage all over the city, not to mention highways, etc. if we did leave, itd have to be on bike (going zombie survival guide here) becaus 1) its quiet, 2) doesnt require gas, and 3) wont be stopped by a pile of cars in the road. screw those clogged roads, just go around them, offroad. after that.....i guess my best bet would be the air force base near-ish my house.....unfortunately, thats a half-hour drive, roughly, going by highway in a car. though there are smaller and probably less clogged/infected roads that lead to the same place. again, though, my stamina is crap, so idk how long id be able to hold out, if, say, i was being chased full-speed by a zombie the whole way.

i laughed so much...that squirrel, just....

For the sake of argument, let's pretend you don't spend your free time reading about zombies on the Internet and are, instead, a human being at peak physical condition. Now, go outside and find the nearest, smallest wild animal. Good? OK, now dive-tackle that son of a bitch and try to take a bite out of it.

tumblr_lzghcnAXUr1r2g7mto1_r1_500.gif

holy shit! You really did that?