#11 Chimetals

Well, /i/ thought it was a good idea.

• +Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4006 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:41 AM

alright, lets check my odds first:
things needed in the zombie apaocolypse:
--athletic ability (strength/running)--total lack of, here. iffy on the strength, but i wouldnt be able to wrestle off a zombie, and ive been on college food for a while, so my previously shitty endourance is even worse now.
--ability to handle a gun--even if its 28 days later, where a headshot isnt a must, i have no gun experience. my aim is shite. even in a FPS i have iffy aim at best, no ability to spot things that need shooting, and i panic-spray at mid to close ranges. moreover, there isnt really anyone in my area with experience, guns, or a defendable house within a decent range.
--a base/fortress--my house would be ok for this, maybe. see, im up in a nice, wooded area, somewhat isolated, in a smal town, and while the street and nearby houses arent too far from my driveway, said driveway is about a 60 degree incline, so maybe that would discourage the infected, if im lucky. even so, barracade at the top, possibly using the cars. cars=noise=zombies, though, so only in the early stages of the infection. we could probably remove the porch to my house, and while its only two and a half feet or so high (aka, the distance from the front door to the ground) that could help.....hopefully. theres still plenty of windows in the living room and two sliding glass doors in my basement, but my dad has the scrap wood and tools to board those, and everything else easily accessible up.
--food and water--weve got several toilets and two bathtubs in my house, so water for a while, though i think we have some stocked up as well. if we have gallons of milk, well drink through those in a couple of days, and can refill those with water as well. as for food, we have a bunch of canned goods in the basement, and more bread-based things in a closet upstairs. we also have a third floor, with the only access being the roof or stairs, the latter of which can be destroyed and replaced with a ladder.
--weapons--i have CBs metal baseball bat in my room, and my brother has a compund bow or two in his closet. if we tie strings to them, we might even be able to get the arrows back, idk. nice and quiet, too, so no noise level there.

so i guess i might have something resembling a chance, provided i dont have to fight or relocate. so i could survive to some extent, but otherwise i still might just off myself to avoid worse pain, or wind up being the ipod guy in colin.

#12 Ezlo

Moblin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:20 AM

I think your house would be your strong point. If you have upstairs at all, you should see about getting the stairs that lead up removed and use them as additional wood for boarding things up. Then you can make a ladder up that can be pulled up to prevent them from getting up there if they end up getting in your house.

So, in case you do have to, how would you get out of there? Take supplies, others, and zombies into consideration.

And do you think you should be the new god? :D (loljk I'm the new god yay)

#13 Chase

Vanguard of the internet

• +Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5800 posts
  • Wii U:FreefallSuperman
  • 3DS:0087-2308-0977

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:33 PM

I think your house would be your strong point. If you have upstairs at all, you should see about getting the stairs that lead up removed and use them as additional wood for boarding things up. Then you can make a ladder up that can be pulled up to prevent them from getting up there if they end up getting in your house.

So my advice is pretty sound I take it.

#14 Aethix

Kyubeyman

• +Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3593 posts
  • Wii U:Aethix

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:33 PM

http://www.cracked.c...get-you-killed/

Relevent.

#15 Chimetals

Well, /i/ thought it was a good idea.

• +Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4006 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:52 AM

So, in case you do have to, how would you get out of there? Take supplies, others, and zombies into consideration.

the upper floor has a window that opens up onto the roof. so if the floor is crowded, we can hypothetically go out there.........but if the lower floor has been overtaken, the outside probably is as well. and its a nice big f*cking drop from the roof. at least a twisted ankle. as for trying to escape..... by that point, theres gonna be wreckage all over the city, not to mention highways, etc. if we did leave, itd have to be on bike (going zombie survival guide here) becaus 1) its quiet, 2) doesnt require gas, and 3) wont be stopped by a pile of cars in the road. screw those clogged roads, just go around them, offroad. after that.....i guess my best bet would be the air force base near-ish my house.....unfortunately, thats a half-hour drive, roughly, going by highway in a car. though there are smaller and probably less clogged/infected roads that lead to the same place. again, though, my stamina is crap, so idk how long id be able to hold out, if, say, i was being chased full-speed by a zombie the whole way.

Relevent.

i laughed so much...that squirrel, just....

For the sake of argument, let's pretend you don't spend your free time reading about zombies on the Internet and are, instead, a human being at peak physical condition. Now, go outside and find the nearest, smallest wild animal. Good? OK, now dive-tackle that son of a bitch and try to take a bite out of it.

Posted Image

holy shit! You really did that?

#16 Ezlo

Moblin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:19 PM

Relevent.

Ok, mabye the house strategy isn't the best. But hey, if you had enough ammunition, you could pick them all off. Even if they're patient and not have to rely on anything, they still only have so many of the population. If you had cans of gasoline, you could pour it on them and blaze them (although they might run into your house and catch IT on fire.)

And if you're an especially rich person, you could get a tunnel or something dug under your house to some other place, like a bit of an island on a nearby lake or something (especially if you already have natural tunnels under your house.)

Or, if you have trees nearby, especially if you live in the woods, wouldn't a zipline be possible? It would have to be heavy duty if you wanted to get the supplies over, especially if you have canned foods or weapons.

#17 Chase

Vanguard of the internet

• +Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5800 posts
  • Wii U:FreefallSuperman
  • 3DS:0087-2308-0977

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:31 PM

This is all assuming we're not useless. I can shoot a gun and scavange for food/supplies, but I'm ass at cooking and I've never built anything in my life.

#18 Aethix

Kyubeyman

• +Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3593 posts
  • Wii U:Aethix

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:01 PM

I do slightly disagree with the house strategy bring bad, since zombies are not exactly know for their long attention spans. So I don't think you have to be too worried about seiges.. The others are good things to avoid, though.

#19 Skippy

Goron's Ruby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1278 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:53 AM

Well, if we are doing 28 days later style....

My house is suburban , outside of huge population density. I also have two weeks of water/food on hand, should I need it, along with guns and ammo including pistols, shotguns and rifles.

My exterior doors are all steel with reinforced frames, or reinforced shatterproof glass (which I would bar and board anyway). All windows are laminate and shatterproof. As such, I would barricade myself in the house and use my skylights as roof access to pick off zombies as they came if need be. After my food supplies run out, I can scavenge out of neighbors houses if need be, as I think they would be relatively useless in tis situation. Water I can filter and purify using a charcoal filter an iodine tablets (you don't want to drink without a disinfectant, it may be in the water sources).

I would like to think I would survive, but the only way to be sure for anyone is to have immunity to the virus/parasite/bacteria, whatever the cause is.

#20 Subtle Engineer

Zol

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:39 AM

I remember having a bit of a plan about this with some friends. See, Zach's house has an upstairs that serves as his room. The main room is rather spacious. Very livable. We could easily accomodate it to have a fridge and other essentials up there.

One room in the hallway up there has a pipe that connects to the toilet. We hypothesized that we could install a toilet upstairs as well.

So, our plan would be to live in the upstairs. We could destroy the wooden stairs leading up to the room and have with us our own means of going down and back up.

There's still the challenge of restocking and maintaining the place, though. That, and Zach's home is in a sub-division neighborhood. Houses on either side. Populated. Could be a big problem -.-

Another plan that I had thought about once was rather radical. If all of the survivors could regroup, we could possibly take over a place like Wal-Mart and create a settlement there. From there, we could work to clear out the zombies and rebuild our lives.

The problem with clearing it out is that we would have to trap ourselves in to keep more zombies from coming after us. But if we really have enough people to launch and assault like that, then we should be prepared to do so.

There are more problems. More people means that our group will be more loosely-knit. People will lie, steal, cheat. And I haven't even considered the people who wouldn't be friendly, either. The ones who would become marauders and make life hell for the ones trying to get by and work together.

What if someone in our large pool of people is bitten, and doesn't tell? Suddenly, our huge group is at risk. This person goes zombie, and spreads the infection, and we have a very serious problem.

I like the idea of rebuilding society like that, though. I would like to group up and clear the zombies out.

I admittedly haven't seen 28 Days Later, though. I'm not a big movie person -.-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users