The Triforce of Shadow

7 posts in this topic

Posted

This roleplay will be done slightly different from others. I'm going to run everybody through the same story, playing as Link, in a collaborative effort. I will describe the scenario, and anyone can tell me what Link does in response.

This is a fair warning that there may be periods of a few days when I cannot check the posts. Just be patient, and I will check as soon as I can.

=========================

The world of Hyrule has been plunged into chaos since records began. For millenia, the heirs of the hero of time and the princess of Hyrule, with their triforces of courage and wisdom, fought a perilous battle against the immortal monster, Ganon, who had been created by the triforce of power.

Eventually, Link was able to defeat Ganon and reunite the triforce. For centuries after, a golden age reigned in Hyrule.

The triforce was divided between the great kingdoms of Hyrule. The triforce of power went to the Gorons, the triforce of wisdom to the Zoras, and the triforce of courage, to the Kokiri. The Hylians were assigned to keep peace between the three.

For centuries, no one has disturbed this order.

Link has no idea where he came from. He does not know anything about his family, and he has lived at the knight's academy since he was left at the headmaster's doorstep. On top of that, Link has been a mute for as long as he can remember. Zelda has been his best friend since early childhood. Today is the day of the festival of peace celebrated in Hyrule castle town every ten years.

RULES:

1. Keep vulgar language to a minimum. I'm mostly talking about swearing and sexual references. Just don't do it.

2. I do accept critiques, as I am just starting this out. But please, just make sure you have a valid point before you post your critique.

3. Be sure to make reasonable posts. The Link in this story is not a superman, so make sure a normal human/hylian can actually do the actions in your post.

4. Generalize your posts. Don't be too specific with your responses. Just tell generally what Link will do.

You wake up in your familiar room in the knight's academy.

It wasn't a large room. In the corner of the room furthest from the door was Link's bed. It was a wooden frame held about two feet above the ground, which supported a mattress just long enough to match Link's body.

There was a writing desk on the wall opposite the bed, and a wardrobe completed the square, placed against the last corner of the room. You wonder why the writing desk is even there, because you haven't used it since you've lived there. The walls and ceiling were built of wooden planks, while the floor of the first-story room was only dirt.

Your call. What do you want to do.

Posted

This is my first roleplay topic, so I'm a little inexperienced. Any advice or suggestions for this story or others will be appreciated.

Posted

Tips:

1.) Don't try and write a story about the "Triforce of Shadow"

Posted

Don't be discouraged, T1g is just being cynical. You're welcome to host a roleplay here. All you need to do is find other players.

I'm confused, though. Is this for the community to effectively play as one person? Should we be making our own characters to make our way through your story?

Posted

Essentially, I'm sending different players on their own separate adventures as Link. I'll do my best to describe Link's position in the scenario (and questions can be asked), and the player will tell how their Link reacts, then I'll post the effects.

To T1g: Mainly, the title was just a way to get me started on the story. I might bring a "triforce of shadow" in later, but it's not one of my main ideas for the story.

Posted

i love the bit about the desk.cracked me up.

having everyone play as one person sounds interesting, and it might actually work. if im reading this right, it might be something like "heres the situation, send in responses" "ok, heres how one of em played out" kainda like how mspaint was at one point. and this way, we dont have ten people making characters only to abandon them later, rendering an RP unable to progress.

ill start: go to the wardrobe, get dressed, and then inspect the desk for anything interesting.

Posted

I think this early on, the gameplay can still go both ways. We can all follow one character, but I would be more than happy to give individual adventures to willing players.

When you open your wardrobe, you see your usual uniform, modeled to match that of the hero of legends, along with a leather wallet holding thirty rupees. You take your time dressing, then walk over to the wardrobe and see a slip of paper laying flat on top of it.