Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Power Rangers

19 posts in this topic

Posted

I recently began to reacquaint myself with my childhood heroes, the Power Rangers. Netflix recently added every series to their streaming service and it amazed me just how many their are. I stopped watching after Time Force ended when they moved from Fox to ABC because I figured the quality would drop. For the most part I was right, until I came across Dino Thunder, SPD and RPM. Even the new series (Super) Samurai has it's moments, although the actors could use a few more lessions.

What Power Rangers series, if any are your favorites?

Posted

Posted

You're asking too young of a generation. You guys had power rangers, we had pokemon. I'm not sure what the people younger than us have. Sometimes I ask. Usually they mentioned Ed Edd n Eddy or something, but its not exactly the same thing, is it?

Anyways, the earliest series I remember is Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. The green and white rangers were my favorites, but they never got enough screen time so I usually rooted for the black ranger. And I remember there was a toy that was an eight ball or a bowling ball or something. I liked that guy, too. That was a cool one.

Posted

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers was the earliest.

MMPR

Zeo

Turbo

In Space

Lost Galaxy

Lightspeed Rescue

Time Force

Wild Force

Ninja Storm

Dino Thunder

SPD

Mystic Force

Operation Overdrive

Jungle Fury

RPM

Samurai

Posted

I watched Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers as a kid. My sister and I used to play Power Rangers as kids. She always made me play Rita, which I didn't like then :P

Posted

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie's Ivan Ooze. I have that movie on DVD and still watch it occasionally. Ivan has the best dialogue:

"Power Rangers....well where's my autograph book?"

Posted

pheo what the squid do you mean we didn't have power rangers? not only did we have it when it first came out, when we were little we had power rangers pajamas!

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

To be honest, after watching Samurais' at my little cousin's house, I'm dissapointed in Power Rangers. It felt soooooooooooo real when we were kids, but now that I'm grown up, it's easy to spot things and point your fingers and say, "Hey, this is fake." or "GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!" (The cast of Samurai could use a little more tutorial in acting too.) You would never be able to do that when you were a kid (because, you know, everything was exploding and there was fighting and you were so mezmerized by it and all.)

Then I got a little hopeful, decided that it was just this new series, and went back to re-cap on a few older ones. Hope was shot down. After a bit of reflecting, I realized (or formulated an opinion) that Power Rangers was just a melodramatic, cheesy, Michael Bay kids show (seriously, everything blows up, even the grass).

Of course, I still like it (or I remember my old love for it, so my expectations are still set pretty high, even though I sub-consciously know the magic from when I was a kid is gone forever.)

And I remember one of the main bad guys in one of the versions (Mystic Force, was it?) that had his eyes horribly done. You could see the actors eyes behind the huge monster's red ones if you looked hard enough.

I never got into Pokemon, so Power Rangers was my version of Pokemon. :l

And I never got why they beat up the bad guy, then he grows bigger, just to beat him up again. Why don't they just go Mega-Zord from the start, then step on the bad guy, then just fight it out there? Boom. First half of the fight is finished.

Posted

You're asking too young of a generation. You guys had power rangers, we had pokemon.

These both happened in like, totally the same era. I watched both shows as a kid.

MM Power Rangers: 1993-1996

Pokemon: 1998-present i guess

90's KIDS FOR LIFE HUR HURR

To be honest, after watching Samurais' at my little cousin's house, I'm dissapointed in Power Rangers. It felt soooooooooooo real when we were kids, but now that I'm grown up, it's easy to spot things and point your fingers and say, "Hey, this is fake." or "GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!" (The cast of Samurai could use a little more tutorial in acting too.) You would never be able to do that when you were a kid (because, you know, everything was exploding and there was fighting and you were so mezmerized by it and all.)

I don't think Power Rangers changed as much as we have. Of corse it's cheesy to us now, but at the same time, the show is made for kids, not adults who wanna feel nostolgic. I don't think they have a show for nostalgia.... yet...

Posted

They have a japanese nostalgia show. Its called Akibarangers. Pretty funny. But then this is not a Toku thread. This is power rangers. I saw a few eps of Samurai, The acting is pretty awful. I've heard people say season 2 is better, so I might check it out. Any chance to see rpm crossover would be great. RPM is fantastic whatever the age.

Posted

The acting is very bad, but it does get better in season 2. There was already a crossover between Samurai and RPM (sort of) it was called "Clash of the Red Rangers". It was a double length episode that had Ranger Series Red Scott Truman follow Professor Cog, one of Venjix's Robot Generals to a Parallel world. Cog plans to use the water from the Senzu River to poison the Water in his reality to kill the last remaining humans in the Dome City of Corinth (this episode taking place before the RPM series finale). Tobias Reiss (Scott Truman) was unavailable for filming so he voiced his character while an uncredited stand-in played him stuck in morphed form.

post-4364-0-59294500-1343227692_thumb.jp

Posted

Whats that new Space Pirate one called? Where they have the power to become any of the past rangers. I don't think it's in English yet but I wonder how they will do it, considering they transform into rangers that pre-date Mighty Morphin.

Posted

Gokaiger. The new PR series is called megaforce. They're sort of going back to the classic technique of linking two unrelated shows into a new continuity. Season one is goseiger season 2 is gokaiger. I guess they could just say that those are the rangers we never saw

Or, and this is rather likely since goseiger is making up the first season, it could be completely different plot wise.

Posted (edited)

My favorite Ranger is Maya (Cerina Vincent) the Yellow Lost Galaxy Ranger because she looks like this!!

post-16469-0-24100400-1348170308_thumb.j

DAMN!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Hell Hound (see edit history)

Posted

You are fourteen