Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Overgrowth Discussion

8 posts in this topic

Posted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPT2KgPTDfY

Ok the main point of this topic is to discuss Overgrowth, a cool Alpha-stage Indie game that I found recently that looks really cool and has a ridiculously good and fast-paced combat system.

Watch some other videos if you want to get a better gist of it and then come back here to thank me for showing you this awesome game :P

Posted

You can change the name of the thread to better describe the topic, please.

w h a t

this looks neat though, seems to play really smoothly

Posted

ok, better and more relevant now :P

Posted

Although I did fight Cascade in hand to hand combat. That just wasn't the right video in the OP.

Posted

Wow, that's some pretty fast paced combat. Faster than you really see in any other video game I've seen, actually. Colour me interested.

Posted

I bet you're a real beast in fights Teto.

Get it? :P

also yeah it's insanely fast and accurate since it relies on a breakable internal skeleton for the character and all NPC's rather than usual Hit Points.

Posted

I preferred the original thread tit-le, it was actually humourous for something posted on Hnet.

game looks pretty cool, the poor bunbuns though. the ending of that video was really creepy, it just being dragged away into the bushes by the big bad wolf. :c

can we just get rid of the t i t > pupper censor. please. it stopped being funny ages ago. at least f uck > puppy/squid doesn't impede you in typing out your thoughts unlike how multiple words SURPRISINGLY!! have t i t in them. ugh.

EDIT: BLESS YOU LOVELY ADMIN who changed it. :>

Posted

I second Cascade's notion.

But how does the skeleton system work? How do you judge when a leg is broken? How much force needs to be applied to the skeleton before it breaks? This is interesting, I'd like to know and read up on this system and stuff.