Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Nintendo announces 3DS XL

11 posts in this topic

Posted

*UPDATE*

Apparently, the US version will come with an AC Adapter. The Japanese version will not.

The 3DS XL will launch in North America on August 19 for $199.99.

----------------------------------

During its Nintendo Direct broadcast tonight, Nintendo revealed a new line of 3DS hardware dubbed "3DS LL" in Japan. Most likely, this means the U.S. is getting a 3DS XL sometime in the near future.

3dsxl.jpg

The top screen is now 4.88 inches, with a 90% increase to the viewing area. The bottom screen is 4.18 inches, which also provides an extra 90% from the original 3DS.

The 3DS LL will have a longer battery life, but there's a weird caveat attached to buying this system: it doesn't come with an AC adapter. Sure, they will sell it separately, but...come on. Regardless, this is apparently a way to keep costs down and your old 3DS charger should work with this new one.

I should also point out that there is no second analog stick. I have no idea what Nintendo was thinking not including a second analog stick. They're out of their collective minds. Still, the extra screen real estate is welcome, and I might be convinced to buy one because of the improved battery life.

The 3DS LL will launch in August in Japan, with the choice of red or blue for the color of the system.

Posted

The 3DS XL will launch in North America on August 19 for $199.99.

Posted

Thanks Ganny

Posted

why, nintendo. why.

i didnt see the point of the dsi XL and i dont really see the point of this. "ooh, the screen is bigger!" but so is the whole system, making it clunky and impossible to stuff in your pocket. and wheres the 3d sweetspot on this thing? probably further out, which means if i get into INTENSE GAME MODE and start moving the screen closer to my face subconsciously, itll just be that much easier for me to mess it up.

well, at least its not the 3ds micro.

Posted

Well Pittoo, the DSi XL was built with older people in mind. My Nana loves playing the "Brain Training" games on DS but the screen is small and she can't see very well, that's why I bought her a DSi XL for her Birthday. I held off on buying a 3DS in hopes that Nintendo would release a 3DS XL...and it looks like my patience paid off.

Posted

I'm done trying to keep up with DS's

squid it. I'm staying with my DS.

Posted

Well Pittoo, the DSi XL was built with older people in mind. My Nana loves playing the "Brain Training" games on DS but the screen is small and she can't see very well, that's why I bought her a DSi XL for her Birthday. I held off on buying a 3DS in hopes that Nintendo would release a 3DS XL...and it looks like my patience paid off.

ok, different target audience. i keep forgetting that nintendo keeps trying the shotgun approach. it works sometimes, but it misses, too. my church has a wii, and while the congregation, which consists of people of grandparent age, are always amazed at wii sports, ive never once seen them pull out the wii themselves and play it on their own. but whether the shotgun approach is a good one or, by itself, is gonna do damage to nintendo, is a different topic altogether.

@ammonsa

3ds, kid icarus. do iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. (and play with meeeeee)

Posted

that requires money :<

Posted

you can always sacrifice birthday/xmas? thats what i did ;n; while it was still $300, me and t1g did that in advance, because spring birthdays and a spring release date :3 and then the price dropped before i got mine, so i got some games, too.

Posted

I'm just getting money for my birthday...yeah. But if I have to choose between hormones and a DS or a DS and a computer...well.

Comoadalolo likes this

Posted

seems nintedos out of ideas cuz this one's an exact coppy of the 3ds only in bigger nothing new cuz of dsiXL.nintendos 3ds were in the begginng not selled as good as they wanted so they cut the prices and made limited edition with games that were cheaper but still,they seem to think they coud sell the 3ds games now with the 3dsXL.the 3d effect must be better on that one cuz of the bigger screen but i dont think i gonna buy one i'm not blind neither i want a same console with bigger screen.the only reason i bought a 3ds were oot3d and i can play mm3d if its released also on my 3ds.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0