Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dark Link

10 posts in this topic

Posted

I can usually find a way to explain most everything in the zelda universe and most of my explanations are somewhat believable, however one thing ive never been able to explain is how was dark link created. Yes I know that twilight princess says that he is part of an ancient tribe but they didnt really explain how he was created and who he is. I dont have any theories on this topic its just so subtle, nintendo pretty much just put him in but even then they explained pittoo from kid icarus so why cant they at least explain who he is.

Posted

The easiest way to explain it would be that Dark Link comes from the Dark World. Everyone has an evil counter part and since Ganondorf can use magic, he probably brough in Dark Link to destroy Link.

Another possible thing is that Ganondorf made an evil clone of Link while he was sealed up. That's the dumber one to think of, but you want a possibility so there you go.

Posted

thank you for clearing that up for me your awesome

Posted

I can usually find a way to explain most everything in the zelda universe and most of my explanations are somewhat believable, however one thing ive never been able to explain is how was dark link created. Yes I know that twilight princess says that he is part of an ancient tribe but they didnt really explain how he was created and who he is. I dont have any theories on this topic its just so subtle, nintendo pretty much just put him in but even then they explained pittoo from kid icarus so why cant they at least explain who he is.

i was gonna go with four swords and vaati, but ganondorf works too. i dont really have much background in that said of zelda, so my ability to deal with theories one way or another is kainda bad. bonus points for KI:U though. unrelated, really, but points. we should duke it out sometime, i havent been able to do the multiplayer yet.

Posted

First of all, don't post things in theories without actually having a theory. You have to have a clear hypothesis before you can post something in here. Like, gather up a bunch of evidence based on things that actually happen or are actually said in the game, come up with some kind of conclusion, and then present your points.

Second of all, Vaati didn't create Dark Link. The Dark Mirror created Shadow Links, which are different from Dark Link. Dark Link's only appearances were in Zelda II, Ocarina of Time, and Spirit Tracks. In Ocarina of Time it was in the Water Temple, in a room far detached from Ganondorf's previous creations. If anything, it looks like a sort of meditation room where you "face your own evils". A central tree with ground at which you can sit, and a serene reflecting pool. Where you can "reflect" upon yourself. I'm thinking its actual purpose was to physically face your own inner demons. It's speculation, but I think it makes more sense than Ganondorf creating it. It really doesn't match anything he's done so far, and if he can create something like Dark Link, why didn't he use it more? So I think it was just part of the temple's "rituals", maybe. I mean, they ARE temples. Like the Dark Mirror, it's probably something that wasn't created by anyone in particular, and was already part of the universe. You just stumbled upon it and had to fight yourself.

Twilight Princess did not say that Dark Link was from an ancient tribe. The Dark Links were a metaphorical representation of the Interlopers (the Twili) and also of how power can drive one insane. Dark Link didn't actually make an appearance in Twilight Princess.

I'll move the thread now. If you have anything to add, please post a response in the original topic, not as a new thread.

Sahaqiel

Posted

In zelda 2 Dark Link is the final trial that Link must face before being able to obtain the Triforce of Courage. So really, Dark Link exists as a sort of trial that Link must face to better himself, this can work with OoT, where Navi says you must "conquer yourself"

I forget what it was with spirit tracks. end of the arena or something

Posted

this is a reply to sahaqiel

i know its not a theory its a question that ive been wondering and you know what im done with this site ive gotten so much negative feedback from a lot of people that i cant take it goodbye

Posted

If it's not an actual theory, then don't post it in theories. You keep posting stuff in random places. That's all I was saying. I was just telling you to post in the appropriate areas. Some of the users have posted inappropriate stuff in your threads in regard to your original topic, but I'm trying to discuss stuff with you, and T1g even posted something of interest. If you're going to leave because you can't take people saying you're wrong, then I'd say you're leaving for the wrong reasons.

Posted

The Dark Mirror created Shadow Links, which are different from Dark Link.

i dont really have much background in that said of zelda, so my ability to deal with theories one way or another is kainda bad.

not having experience in that department is why i dont ususally jump into the zelda discussions, tbh :/

Posted

Sahaqiel is right. The Dark Links in TP are only metaphors. The Real Dark Link is actually Link's counterpart, which is why he only shows up in one game.